Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's Gone... Nowhere

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We are shit also.
That's quite a depressing comment. You're in the prem, you're not in the relegation places, and yet you think you're 'shit'. I'm guessing all of us on here would love to swap places with you - but then being football fans I'd guess we'd soon expect more too and would soon think that being 15th in the prem was 'shit'.

I'm guessing you were just being kind to spare our feelings. We really ARE shit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With my optimistic hat on it is so that they can finalise the details of who will be taking over and basically install him the day they get rid of Hyypia.

Unfortunately, having given Hyypia the dreaded 'vote of confidence' after the Derby defeat only last Saturday, l can't believe a new man is in place yet.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yeah, but tonight's 1-0 home defeat wasn't to Liverpool.

No, we beat them 3-1.
Watched last nights game with interest, and thought the game was piss poor.
Both teams looked like rabbits caught in the headlights, and will still be down the bottom at the end of the season.
TBH, you look a relegated team, a new manager won't have a big budget, and working with what's already there doesn't seem inviting,but I suppose there's lots of managers out there touting for a job.
It doesn't help with having too many loan players, not what you need in a relegation battle.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
No, we beat them 3-1.
Both teams looked like rabbits caught in the headlights, and will still be down the bottom at the end of the season.
TBH, you look a relegated team, a new manager won't have a big budget, and working with what's already there doesn't seem inviting,but I suppose there's lots of managers out there touting for a job.
It doesn't help with having too many loan players, not what you need in a relegation battle.

I cant disagree with you. What a show for the Sky Camera's!!! Some of our loanee's are awful at present, need some heart out there and players who put some effort in.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Hope you're right, but not sure it would be so quick after the game. Think bloom would sleep on it

How much sleep does he need - he must have been sleeping on it since we dived into the drop zone.

No, we beat them 3-1.

What's this? A Palace fan with a rationale opinion, what the Dickens!

Performances have been steadily worse recently, but last night was a sharp drop in quality and all round commitment. We do look like a relegated team on last night's performance and even if we'd flunked an equaliser, that would still be the case. Using 5 loan players is ridiculous as most of them will be gone in 1-2 months, so the team building will have to happen again.

I had given Hyypia time before as I felt that the players we signed in August weren't the best, but I now see him failing to use the better players and with some bizarre team selections I think he has dug his own hole.

I don't think he'll be in charge for long now and I still don't see us being relegated as there is enough quality at the club to defend and run the midfield better than we have been and with the right manager we can get better results and pull out of this. There is more than enough time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, we beat them 3-1.

So true. We are shocking. Orient is always a good trip though.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
No, we beat them 3-1.

Agree with most of that, perhaps all. Thing is though the same was the case for you lot last season until Pulis came in. A one off perhaps but money is there; just a question of whether they want to spend it. Very very poor standard of football from both teams last night.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Agree with most of that, perhaps all. Thing is though the same was the case for you lot last season until Pulis came in. A one off perhaps but money is there; just a question of whether they want to spend it. Very very poor standard of football from both teams last night.

This. The constant being Ian Holloway. Any half decent Championship side would have put three or four past them last night. Apart from the Irish keeper Forde they are a woeful side. I don't think it will be beyond the likes of Hughton to finish above Blackpool, Millwall and Rotherham for starters. I'll reserve judgement on that one until mid to late January.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He worked out, albeit very late in the day, that Hyypia wouldn't cut it as a manager and now has a comfortable position at probably the best youth development club in the country.

He didn't "work out" anything. He got offered a better job on more money.

Hyypia has to go but this suggestion that is emerging now that because he failed at his previous job he was never going to be a success here is rubbish. Plenty of managers fail and go on to do good jobs elsewhere - look at the current leaders of our league for evidence.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This. The constant being Ian Holloway. Any half decent Championship side would have put three or four past them last night. Apart from the Irish keeper Forde they are a woeful side. I don't think it will be beyond the likes of Hughton to finish above Blackpool, Millwall and Rotherham for starters. I'll reserve judgement on that one until mid to late January.

Danny Shittu holds them together; he comes across as a real leader on and off the pitch. Was on Soccer AM early and seems a decent bloke - the sort that makes a manger's job easy when it comes to motivating a team.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Danny Shittu holds them together; he comes across as a real leader on and off the pitch. Was on Soccer AM early and seems a decent bloke - the sort that makes a manger's job easy when it comes to motivating a team.

Sort of like Calde? who hasn't been playing ???

el punal

He needs to find a different career because football management isn't for him.

Almost a truism that very good players rarely make very good managers. Sami Hyypia was a very good player, so were Bobby Charlton, Roy Keane etc. Not many exceptions, maybe Kenny Dalglish.

On the other hand, very average players have made excellent managers - Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

He did his job very well last night, although we made it easy for him as we were never going to win anything in the air against him last night you could see that from the get go. He was absolutely knackered towards the end which begs the question why did we continue to pump it instead of running at him. Just another fault in Samis game plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here