Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's Gone... Nowhere

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If true (and I very much hope it is) I won't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. Look what he's done to our team.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I feel sad for him. So obviously out of his depth. I wonder if it would all have been different if Sammy Lee had joined with him as originally planned.

Sammy Lee dodged a massive bullet there. He worked out, albeit very late in the day, that Hyypia wouldn't cut it as a manager and now has a comfortable position at probably the best youth development club in the country.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
If true (and I very much hope it is) I won't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. Look what he's done to our team.

Not just the team. The whole club and fans have been dragged down to the lowest of levels.
Bloom has to swallow his pride and get rid. NOW

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I feel sorry for him, but he has to go really.

I hope the board have been lining someone up over the past few weeks because if Jones takes temporary charge we are in even worse trouble. For what it is worth I think that is what has been holding back the sacking, there is nobody to take over that could steady the ship until a new manager arrives, I think Jones has a huge part to play in our dismal season.

Oh I don't think that's true to be honest. This season has been about a manager relentlessly pushing a way of playing that doesn't work.

I've experienced this at work. If the manager was removed the senior members of the squad and probably Jones, although not a long term strategy would work it out for themselves.

Most of league one would give us a game at the moment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
.... so the same club source that told me about Alex Revell and the Coca Cola Kid ( do a search if you don't believe me ) has just told me SH has been sacked.

A number of things :

1. No, I won't name my source
2. Don't go and place a bet on it - it's not my fault if it is wrong
3. Take it with a very small pinch of salt - he's been wrong before but also right before ( as my posting history will confirm )

Coming from you, I'm inclined to believe it. I'll even vote UKIP for you in celebration of your quick share.

Well, I might not do that. But thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
How did he even get the gig in the first place is what I wanna know

Because presumably any other half decent candidates said they wouldn't work within the confines of our structure or we were not ambitious enough - ie transfer kitty or wage fund

Yep me too who were the other top candidates

As above - probably Sherwood and Malky, one of which was interviewed the other declined the interview but we wanted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I hope the board have been lining someone up over the past few weeks because if Jones takes temporary charge we are in even worse trouble. For what it is worth I think that is what has been holding back the sacking, there is nobody to take over that could steady the ship until a new manager arrives, I think Jones has a huge part to play in our dismal season.

On what basis are you saying we would be worse if Jones were to take control?
Did well with Charlton DS and did a lot of coaching (and I would say more of a say) last season and that wasn't too bad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
http://www.football365.com/news/25509/9603918/Brighton-0-Millwall-1-Reaction-from-Sami-Hyypia-and-Ian-Holloway

A section of the home fans called for the former Liverpool defender to be sacked after Lee Gregory's goal condemned Albion to a third straight defeat and left them floundering in the relegation zone.

Hyypia admitted he is unsure whether he is willing to fight on as Seagulls boss after the match.

"At the moment, straight after the game, I feel very frustrated," he said. "To answer that question I need some time. Usually I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter.

"I can understand the fans' reaction, I don't expect to be patted on the shoulder and told 'well done' with how things are going. I think that's normal, some of the fans are getting impatient and shout things, it doesn't help anyone but you can't control it.

"When you take this kind of job, I've always been prepared for everything, I'm not afraid of anything happening. When you take this job sometimes it doesn't go your way, but in my mind I'm ready for it."

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
http://www.football365.com/news/25509/9603918/Brighton-0-Millwall-1-Reaction-from-Sami-Hyypia-and-Ian-Holloway

A section of the home fans called for the former Liverpool defender to be sacked after Lee Gregory's goal condemned Albion to a third straight defeat and left them floundering in the relegation zone.

Hyypia admitted he is unsure whether he is willing to fight on as Seagulls boss after the match.

"At the moment, straight after the game, I feel very frustrated," he said. "To answer that question I need some time. Usually I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter.

"I can understand the fans' reaction, I don't expect to be patted on the shoulder and told 'well done' with how things are going. I think that's normal, some of the fans are getting impatient and shout things, it doesn't help anyone but you can't control it.

"When you take this kind of job, I've always been prepared for everything, I'm not afraid of anything happening. When you take this job sometimes it doesn't go your way, but in my mind I'm ready for it."

"Getting impatient and shouting things"? One (lucky) win in 17 games, WTF does he expect us to do?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Was all for giving Sami time to turn it around before tonight. Millwall were no better than a pub team. Shittu is as mobile as a corpse. Time to move on before we have a repeat of the 2008-09 debacle.

Similar to me, but Fulham was the turning point.

Upto then i thought we looked like a team motivated and going for a win but failing to get the results our performances deserved, however since the Fulham game (after Lua Lua went off) we have looked disinterested, unorganised, and devoid of ideas to try to create chances (and thats before you wonder about the logic behind the substitutions such as losing 1-0 and swap like for like rather than throw more attacking players on and really go for it, something i feel that Hyypia would have done earlier in his reign as manager.

He and the team just look like they are in a slump and don't know how to get out of it (and the fans turning against him / descent getting louder) and sometimes the only way out of it is with a fresh start.

I had hoped that he could turn it around and we could have started to get the results the ideas behind his initial tactics deserved (at least for trying to be adventurous especially after the bore fest of Garcia who managed to get results without being good to watch) but sadly i don't think it's possible now.

His post match interview and reaction after the final whistle looked like that of a manager who knows his time is almost up and that he just looked defeated and ready to give up. His comments sounded like he was going to take a couple of days but ultimately take the decision to go (if the club don't do it first, but it might be that he is hanging on and didn't go immediately because he wants them to sack him for the pay-off) but whatever happens in the next few days, his time at the club is virtually over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here