Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I've got no choice tomorrow but WFH Wed/Thurs. I imagine it'll be busier than usual, with people realising they have no choice but to WFH during the driver strikes next week (so making more effort to come in this week).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Views on grayling's newest initiative? I'm beginning to think he is useless. Just realised he was behind the cuts to prisons that has created this latest crisis...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Passengers wont thank them for costly government intervention

Fuxck me how far removed from reality are people.

Its playing out like a monty python sketch. Just need Graeme Chapman turning up in army uniform "right stop that far too silly"

The only way something will change is when safety is somehow seriously compromised either in injury or worse. Barber alluded to this and for once I agree with him. Sad but true.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WFH now till next Monday

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Views on grayling's newest initiative? I'm beginning to think he is useless. Just realised he was behind the cuts to prisons that has created this latest crisis...

Don't get me started.

The southern franchise is in total meltdown, management and unions at loggerheads, commuters at the end of their tether and he's fart arsing around building a stupid, pointless line between Oxford and Cambridge with some silly quasi-privatisation scheme.

Network Rail doesn't need competition or privatisation - it just needs better staffing and more money.

And that's coming from me as a Tory voter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Don't get me started.

The southern franchise is in total meltdown, management and unions at loggerheads, commuters at the end of their tether and he's fart arsing around building a stupid, pointless line between Oxford and Cambridge with some silly quasi-privatisation scheme.

Network Rail doesn't need competition or privatisation - it just needs better staffing and more money.

And that's coming from me as a Tory voter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basically they have hung us out to dry. The unions are protecting their members as you would expect and we (as in the genuine working man and women) are being ****ed over royally. By EVERYONE.

Yoda

English & European

Because it worked so well under RailTrack, and they had such a good track record. :rolleyes:

Potters Bar?
Hatfield?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Grayling, faced by the worst rail catastrophe in decades, is now on LBC proposing a new Oyster style ticketing system.

FFS man - what ridiculous timing.

There's chaos out there you prat. Sort it out

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Grayling now promoting privatised monopolies whereby the the ToC's takeover tracks as well as the trian. Pretty sure the government motivation is out there for all to see. The idea that Grayling wants to put "Passengers at the heart of delivery" is total nonsense. Passengers now in a position to be totally exploited for profit more like.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Has anyone lost on there lost their job because of southern? The situation is beyond the joke now

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We can also confidently predict that anything announced by Chris Grayling MP has at least a 95% chance of being a colossal ****up on every level imaginable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because it worked so well under RailTrack, and they had such a good track record. :rolleyes:

Potters Bar?
Hatfield?

This to me is the most alarmingly irresponsible development of all. To hand over responsibility for the tracks to the privatised TOCs, with all the inevitable corner cuttings on cost and sub-contracting ever downwards to the cheapest bidder will make the railways infinitely more dangerous than they are at present. Can't believe this to be allowed to happen. It's literally gambling with people's lives. Shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here