Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It wouldn't surprise me if it was announced that Falmer station will be closed on Friday night due to safety concerns so they can wash their hands of the risk of crowd disturbances due to (late night shopping) lack of trains, and push the responsibilities back to BHAFC.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It wouldn't surprise me if it was announced that Falmer station will be closed on Friday night due to safety concerns so they can wash their hands of the risk of crowd disturbances due to (late night shopping) lack of trains, and push the responsibilities back to BHAFC.
At least the club would get 1/23rd of the fee they pay Southern back + any relevant penalty clauses in the contract.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've just booked a Seagulls Travel seat for Friday night. It's pointless even thinking about getting the train for a night game anymore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If that were to be the case, it would need to be announced far earlier than some of SASTA's other recent announcements, to give the club and fans as much warning as possible so they can at least try to work around it. To do otherwise would be completely irresponsible.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If that were to be the case, it would need to be announced far earlier than some of SASTA's other recent announcements, to give the club and fans as much warning as possible so they can at least try to work around it. To do otherwise would be completely irresponsible.

Absolutely. Lets hope they do it in the next 24 hrs this giving the Albion time to get a fleet of coaches.

I mean they (SASTA) must know the duty roster surely by now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely. Lets hope they do it in the next 24 hrs this giving the Albion time to get a fleet of coaches.

I mean they (SASTA) must know the duty roster surely by now.

Reckon even SASTA wouldn't dare risk a repeat of the Villa debacle so soon as to be still so raw in the memory, unless they've lost ALL touch with reality. Barber/Perry would have to have them up in court with a view to terminating the current contract with extreme prejudice shirley?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Reckon even SASTA wouldn't dare risk a repeat of the Villa debacle so soon as to be still so raw in the memory, unless they've lost ALL touch with reality. Barber/Perry would have to have them up in court with a view to terminating the current contract with extreme prejudice shirley?

I think they have lost ALL touch with reality sadly.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

What part of SASTA's recent behaviour makes you think they're responsible?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
New announcement from SASTA website
Driver overtime ban applies Friday. No service to Seaford. see below for details.
I smell carnage.

PG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travel advice for ASLEF overtime ban
Last updated 12pm 5 Dec

Travel advice during driver overtime ban

We have been informed that the overtime ban will be in place every day from 6 December onwards. The information on this page will only apply on days where there isn’t a driver or conductor strike, which are:

Friday 9 December
Saturday 10 December
Sunday 11 December
Monday 12 December
Thursday 15 December
Saturday 17 December
Sunday 18 December
Wednesday 21 December
Thursday 22 December
Friday 23 December
Please check other pages for details of services on strike days and over Christmas and New Year.

What services will be affected?

Check our map showing routes with an altered service in brown or grey

On routes shown in grey, journeys will still be possible on other train operators, but may take longer and be crowded at certain times
On routes shown in brown, you are advised that there will be a reduced service and are advised to allow longer for your journey avoiding peak times if possible
On routes shown with a grey dotted line, only buses will operate
The following services will not run

London Bridge and Beckenham Junction via Tulse Hill
Alternative Southern services will operate between London Bridge and Tulse Hill and between West Norwood and Crystal Palace
Brighton and Seaford
Alternative Southern services will operate between Brighton and Lewes
Buses will operate between Seaford and Lewes
Lewes – Seaford bus timetable (PDF)
East Croydon and Milton Keynes Central via Kensington Olympia
Alternative Southern services will operate between East Croydon and Clapham Junction
A number of other services will also not run
We will list these here as soon as we have the details
We are currently confirming ticket acceptance with other operators on alternative routes. Details will be available shortly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New announcement from SASTA website
Driver overtime ban applies Friday. No service to Seaford. see below for details.
I smell carnage.

PG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travel advice for ASLEF overtime ban
Last updated 12pm 5 Dec

Travel advice during driver overtime ban

We have been informed that the overtime ban will be in place every day from 6 December onwards. The information on this page will only apply on days where there isn’t a driver or conductor strike, which are:

Friday 9 December
Saturday 10 December
Sunday 11 December
Monday 12 December
Thursday 15 December
Saturday 17 December
Sunday 18 December
Wednesday 21 December
Thursday 22 December
Friday 23 December
Please check other pages for details of services on strike days and over Christmas and New Year.

What services will be affected?

Check our map showing routes with an altered service in brown or grey

On routes shown in grey, journeys will still be possible on other train operators, but may take longer and be crowded at certain times
On routes shown in brown, you are advised that there will be a reduced service and are advised to allow longer for your journey avoiding peak times if possible
On routes shown with a grey dotted line, only buses will operate
The following services will not run

London Bridge and Beckenham Junction via Tulse Hill
Alternative Southern services will operate between London Bridge and Tulse Hill and between West Norwood and Crystal Palace
Brighton and Seaford
Alternative Southern services will operate between Brighton and Lewes
Buses will operate between Seaford and Lewes
Lewes – Seaford bus timetable (PDF)
East Croydon and Milton Keynes Central via Kensington Olympia
Alternative Southern services will operate between East Croydon and Clapham Junction
A number of other services will also not run
We will list these here as soon as we have the details
We are currently confirming ticket acceptance with other operators on alternative routes. Details will be available shortly.

Just say :nono: to Friday, kidz. Stay safe, stay warm, watch it on the SKY telly thing on a dodgy feed or in a pub somewhere. Unless you're in walking distance of the Amex or have a car parked somewhere close, you REALLY don't need that level of sh1t in your life. IMHO, like.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Broken rail between Gatwick and London still having an effect and will for rest of the day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
SASTA did have the good grace to apologise to 'Seagulls Fans' (but not Villa fans) for the debacle that evening, and promised that it would never happen again.

No, really.

Is there anything that can be done about outright lies? Ok the announcement was made before the drivers work to rule but even so...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Broken rail between Gatwick and London still having an effect and will for rest of the day.

I'd imagine the damage has already been done to the London Bridge to Littlehampton services later. I see the 16:57 is already cancelled.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd imagine the damage has already been done to the London Bridge to Littlehampton services later. I see the 16:57 is already cancelled.

Yep the 5.22 Eastbourne cancelled as well...

Looks like its change at croydon change at hh and change at brighton for those going east/west.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here