Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chris Grayling , total and utter f**kwit, moves from one disaster to the next. Yet somehow stays in a position of power , vote Tory indeed
After being a prominent Brexit voice he has now taken a step away from all the Brexit grief/hassles and is hiding in Transport.

When May goes at some point, he'll be the next to step out of the shadows to become Tory Head Honcho.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
5mph speed limit northbound through Earlswood has delayed me by about 25 minutes. That and a brainless signalling decision to let the stopping TL go ahead of us north of HH.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sadly there appears to be no common sense with things like that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I was flying back to the States last week and friends advised leaving an hour earlier for Gatwick in case SASTA were playing silly buggers even on a non-strike day.

I've got a lot of respect for commuters who are having to put up with this nonsense day after day as it having a huge impact on people's jobs and leisure activities.

The rail system in the US is far from perfect but they would not put up with this level of utter incompetence

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just discovered that because I have not bought 12 weeks of rail travel since April I cannot claim back any kind of refund for the upcoming strike days on my recently purchased monthly ticket. 1-0 to Southern I guess :lol:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I was flying back to the States last week and friends advised leaving an hour earlier for Gatwick in case SASTA were playing silly buggers even on a non-strike day.

I've got a lot of respect for commuters who are having to put up with this nonsense day after day as it having a huge impact on people's jobs and leisure activities.

The rail system in the US is far from perfect but they would not put up with this level of utter incompetence

No unions i guess? And I wonder who controls the franchise

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Just discovered that because I have not bought 12 weeks of rail travel since April I cannot claim back any kind of refund for the upcoming strike days on my recently purchased monthly ticket. 1-0 to Southern I guess :lol:

Really? I'd have thought a ticket to travel is refundable for the days they don't provide a service

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same as. I have pretty much been given carte blanche to WFH now whenever there is a strike or even a possibility of trains screwing up.

I might not bother Monday will be watching the train service daily otherwise a week Thursday where we have our Xmas meal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tell you what not only do I get 20 quid delay repay today but also free tube travel from work to Victoria. Means I dont have to oyster it. Result. This RMT strike truly is the gift that keeps on giving :thumbsup:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

May be true but I would still wager that it's quicker to get to the centre of London on a train from Heathrow or Gatwick on a strike day than the centre of Manhattan from JFK or Newark when things are running normally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
May be true but I would still wager that it's quicker to get to the centre of London on a train from Heathrow or Gatwick on a strike day than the centre of Manhattan from JFK or Newark when things are running normally.

Wouldn’t disagree. But I always thought the Heathrow Express was a real rip off, isn’t it one of the world’s most expensive rail journeys per mile. In which case it should be quicker than something probably costing half the price.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I might not bother Monday will be watching the train service daily otherwise a week Thursday where we have our Xmas meal.

Going in tomorrow as have an all day meeting, and it's our Christmas pissup tomorrow night so will stay in town after and then fight my way home on Thursday, then WFH on Friday to make sure I can get to the Amex without any drama.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can only say as I found today, but travelled on three different Thameslink trains. All were twelve carriages long, all were punctual, all were practically deserted. Seems a long long time ago now when Thameslink were considered the poor relation on the London-Brighton line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here