Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TRAIN NEWS* Brighton main line closed tomorrow

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So presumably as going via Lewes and Falmer is a legitimate way to get back to Worthing from London today, I won't need to buy an extra train ticket?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Can anyone point me to any links about tonight's Park and Ride. The club did say that only Mill Road would be operational but should demand increase then Mithras House and then the Race Hill would be added as numbers increased. I can't find any information on the clubs web site as to the latest arrangements.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So presumably as going via Lewes and Falmer is a legitimate way to get back to Worthing from London today, I won't need to buy an extra train ticket?

Yes, they're not going to worry about tickets today, so any route you can take should be alright, I would think.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ha ha. You just won't let ityouie will you.

Maybe I don't have a clue how they operate, nothing I can influence either. I can only go on what I see, and I see reguarly.

The fact is, the line is closed. It's their responsibility, they failed. End of.

My God - are you being deliberately contrary? You say you can only go on what you see but a succession of posters have explained in detail what is causing today's problems yet you are choosing to ignore them. I assume you feel the same way about the recent landslips at Dawlish and Oxted etc - all someone's fault, nothing whatsoever to do with the worst weather for a generation?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
"They're not going to worry about tickets today"

Eh? I doubt if Southern's official position is going to be that generous.

I don't work for Southern, so it's not an official response. Anyway, they normally allow you get to get any reasonable route, so they're hardly going to be pernickety in these circumstances.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Haywards Heath gang will be pleased. Direct trains to and from Falmer, with no need to change.

Cue "Why can't they do this for every game?" binfest.

As one of the "coming from work in London" gang I'm quite pleased if this is the case too. I've already had enough pain, this morning I caught the 06.46 from Brighton and have just arrived at my office near London Bridge.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As one of the "coming from work in London" gang I'm quite pleased if this is the case too. I've already had enough pain, this morning I caught the 06.46 from Brighton and have just arrived at my office near London Bridge.

Sounds like 2.5 hours isn't too bad to me.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
As a generalisation the Bton/Lewes/Bton services are not running today as are the Bton/W.Worthing/Bton West Coast services if people catch them later for the game

Sorry, I've got my Monday morning brain in. I'm travelling on train from West Worthing to the game; are you saying I should look at an alternative route/method of transport?

The only mention of West Worthing I can see on the Southern site is the following:

Passengers for London from stations west of Worthing should travel via Barnham and the Arun Valley.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Serious question for Ernest / Hawk. Is there any timescale yet for reopening? I have an understanding but quite teed off client and a meeting in London on Thursday I can't miss. Like Buzzer I can't work from home all week. It doesn't seem like something that will be fixed this week? Presumably will be issues at the Wigan game too?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like 2.5 hours isn't too bad to me.

Wouldn't want to do it every day. Of course leaving work at 5.30 and making a 7.45 kick-off is a whole other matter.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Serious question for Ernest / Hawk. Is there any timescale yet for reopening? I have an understanding but quite teed off client and a meeting in London on Thursday I can't miss. Like Buzzer I can't work from home all week. It doesn't seem like something that will be fixed this week? Presumably will be issues at the Wigan game too?

I will try and post up to date info when I see it
[MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION] the West Worthing service at xx09 to Brighton will not run all day, there will of course be other trains running including the diverted Littlehampton to Victoria trains which will run to Brighton

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

[MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION] the West Worthing service at xx09 to Brighton will not run all day, there will of course be other trains running including the diverted Littlehampton to Victoria trains which will run to Brighton

Cheers mate, much appreciated

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
AI one of the "coming from work in London" gang I'm quite pleased if this is the case too. I've already had enough pain, this morning I caught the 06.46 from Brighton and have just arrived at my office near London Bridge.

Sounds like you got off lightly. .I got the 7.00 from Brighton and I'm still sitting outside London Bridge station

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can anyone point me to any links about tonight's Park and Ride. The club did say that only Mill Road would be operational but should demand increase then Mithras House and then the Race Hill would be added as numbers increased. I can't find any information on the clubs web site as to the latest arrangements.

The Racecourse isn't going to be open at the moment. The Travel Manager said he would try & get extra buses and release some news later today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:thumbsup:

You're normally more reliable that the official site....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Cheers

Any news on the 17:42 LB service be good. I know goes via arun line but eta Durrington or Shoreham be handy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here