Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What console game are you currently playing

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
playing destiny at the moment but seemed to be a little stuck on level 23. I do the missions but only seem to get a crappy pair of gloves at the end.

anyone not sure about playing the last of us should . best game ever imo

anyone looking forward to no mans sky when it comes out . think that could be unreal

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I couldn't agree more. It's the game i wish could memory wipe and play fresh. Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen has a certain charm and an engagng combat mechanism but lacks the free roam fun and story telling of Skyrim.

Last week i picked and up a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I haven't played a turn based strategy game before and don't normally go for shooting space aliens but this is tense (ironman mode, autosave on) and an absolute blast. I have barely moved of the sofa for a week. Rarely does a game catch my attention in the way Skyrim did but XCOM is up there at the moment.
Cheers.

Decided to take the plunge and give XCOM a bash. Just snapped a brand new copy up for a fiver and free p&p off ebay. Can't grumble at that

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
playing destiny at the moment but seemed to be a little stuck on level 23. I do the missions but only seem to get a crappy pair of gloves at the end.

You want Purple/Legendary gear past Level 23.
Best chance of finding them are in the Strikes and then eventually the Raids.
Save up 'Marks' earned from completing Strikes and buy Legendary gear from the vendors in the tower.
Story/Campaign missions don't reward you with anything useful.

What console are you on?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
You want Purple/Legendary gear past Level 23.
Best chance of finding them are in the Strikes and then eventually the Raids.
Save up 'Marks' earned from completing Strikes and buy Legendary gear from the vendors in the tower.
Story/Campaign missions don't reward you with anything useful.

What console are you on?

on ps4 . done all the story missions . initially went from 20 to 23 really quickly but then nothing so im obviously doing the wrong missions

onepostwonder

Nov 8, 2014
Secret Of Mana on the Super Nintendo :cool:

SOM_MA~1.JPG

this game is the nuts! the last hour is insanely hard tho. I completed it years ago (by playing half hour here and there for over a year).

if you like SoM check out Chronos Trigger on the snes (i use emulators on windows as can save whenever i want).

Currently going thro Zelda OoT (again) on the N64 emulator in front of the kids who shout "go this way, no that way."

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Waiting to see if Evolve delivers as that's next on the must have list!

Evolve is incredible! Got a key for the server stress tests a couple of weeks ago and it felt great to play.

Will be better if you can find a group to play with but it was still fun solo.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
View attachment 62686

this game is the nuts! the last hour is insanely hard tho. I completed it years ago (by playing half hour here and there for over a year).

if you like SoM check out Chronos Trigger on the snes (i use emulators on windows as can save whenever i want).

Currently going thro Zelda OoT (again) on the N64 emulator in front of the kids who shout "go this way, no that way."

Ahh yes, that map has been looked apon many a time I can tell you. I estimate I'm currently about a third of the way into the game, but I've spent a fair bit of time grinding as well. I hated the control/menu system at first, but once you get the hang of it it's actually pretty fluid!

I do own a physical copy of Chrono Trigger (see earlier photo), which cost me a small fortune, but I'm physically unable to play more than one RPG at a time because I forget what's going on in both. I did boot it up and play it for half an hour when I first got it and it looked LUSH!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
on ps4 . done all the story missions . initially went from 20 to 23 really quickly but then nothing so im obviously doing the wrong missions

As StonehamPark says, you need to save up the Vanguard marks by doing the Strike Playlists and Daily Mission on as high a level as possible. Try and get all the Vanguard bounties done each day too as you need to reach level 2 with them to be able to buy armour from the vendors in the Tower. Once you start buying their armour and you level that up doing the missions/bounties you should rise quite quickly. It's just a pain that you're limited to getting 100 vanguard marks each week.

Once you get to level 26 you can run the normal VOG and get a chance of some raid armour from that which will save you the marks, but it won't be as high a level unfortunately.

Add me as a friend and I'll happily help you through some of the strikes and higher level daily missions rather than you struggling through on your own. Should be on for most of tomorrow evening to help if you're around then.

I've been quite lucky with CE drops, I've got pretty much everything I think except for the Hand Cannon and Scout Rifle.
My new favourite non-exotic is the Abyss Defiant.

Got the Hand Cannon and the Crux from Crota last night, happy days!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As StonehamPark says, you need to save up the Vanguard marks by doing the Strike Playlists and Daily Mission on as high a level as possible. Try and get all the Vanguard bounties done each day too as you need to reach level 2 with them to be able to buy armour from the vendors in the Tower. Once you start buying their armour and you level that up doing the missions/bounties you should rise quite quickly. It's just a pain that you're limited to getting 100 vanguard marks each week.

Once you get to level 26 you can run the normal VOG and get a chance of some raid armour from that which will save you the marks, but it won't be as high a level unfortunately.

Add me as a friend and I'll happily help you through some of the strikes and higher level daily missions rather than you struggling through on your own. Should be on for most of tomorrow evening to help if you're around then.

Good tips :thumbsup:

Got the Hand Cannon and the Crux from Crota last night, happy days!

Ah man, what's the Hand Cannon like?
I had a day off yesterday but back on after work for the reset.
Happy with this weeks Nightfall.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Good tips :thumbsup:

Ah man, what's the Hand Cannon like?
I had a day off yesterday but back on after work for the reset.
Happy with this weeks Nightfall.

Only used it briefly afterwards but seemed decent. Will test it out a bit more on the void burn Weekly later. The Necrochasm isn't good, unstable and very low impact. Alright for packs of low level thralls but not much else. The cursed thrall explosions from it are quite amusing though :)

Haven't ever done the Archon Priest nightfall so looking forward to it!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Only used it briefly afterwards but seemed decent. Will test it out a bit more on the void burn Weekly later. The Necrochasm isn't good, unstable and very low impact. Alright for packs of low level thralls but not much else. The cursed thrall explosions from it are quite amusing though :)

Haven't ever done the Archon Priest nightfall so looking forward to it!

i've got a warlock to level 26, but im stuck on what to do now - as far as i can tell you can't do matchmaking raids as whenever i go for it im just playing it solo, but i dont have any friends who still play destiny....can still work my way through the strike playlist though i guess....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How many characters have you got and what levels are you at?
This game has ruined my evenings for the past 3 months.. :moo:

Such good games on the N64.

My Top 5:

1. Ocarina of Time
  2. Conkers Bad Fur Day
  3. Goldeneye
  4. Mario Kart 64
  5. Mario Party

Mario Party is FANTASTIC.

Same as Wii Party. I love those multi-game formats.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
i've got a warlock to level 26, but im stuck on what to do now - as far as i can tell you can't do matchmaking raids as whenever i go for it im just playing it solo, but i dont have any friends who still play destiny....can still work my way through the strike playlist though i guess....

Easiest way to get to Level 31 is to grind the Strike playlists, earn Marks and exchange them for Lvl 31 gear at the Vendors.
Sign up to the Destiny/Bungie Message boards, I always find my Raid partners on there within minutes.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Easiest way to get to Level 31 is to grind the Strike playlists, earn Marks and exchange them for Lvl 31 gear at the Vendors.
Sign up to the Destiny/Bungie Message boards, I always find my Raid partners on there within minutes.

Also http://www.reddit.com/r/Fireteams is usually a quick place to pick up a team for nightfalls and raids.

Refresh the list to filter by new to see if there is a group going you can join or just make your own post to get people to add you on Xbone/PS4

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The pile on the right is my 'to do' list.
'Illusion of Time' at the bottom of that stack is one of my all-time favourite games, along with the next game from the same company (Quintet) 'Terranigma', which is quite possibly my favourite console game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here