Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby land James Wilson

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've had a lot worse value loan strikers than Wilson here. That said, delighted we dodged this bullet. It really is hard to believe what a mess Derby have made of the position they were in.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
People writing off a 20 year old.

A 20 year old who was NINETEEN when he joined us and showed some glimpses of absolute brilliance.

Agreed, he completely tailed off at the end but there is clearly a talented player there. Really hope he recovers well and gets his career up and running

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Lingard was not anything that special when he played for us, so was surprised he broke into the Man Utd team and the England team.

Was more impressed with Wilson at times. If he can sort his fitness/ illness/ stamina issues, he could still go far in the game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Sad whenever young players suffer serious injuries at such an important time in their career however there is something massively wrong with the lad in general. Huge amounts of talent but I found him lazy, lacking basic fitness and strength. The whole illness thing was very mysterious but he just didn't 'want it' enough for me.

Good luck to him however in his return to injury as I fear without some luck he will be released by Man Utd and will tumble down the leagues. His style of play is not suited to the lower leagues either so it may be a long climb back

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Good luck to him however in his return to injury as I fear without some luck he will be released by Man Utd and will tumble down the leagues. His style of play is not suited to the lower leagues either so it may be a long climb back

Even before this long term injury it looked like there was a high chance that he'll leave Man Utd for a small upfront fee at end of this season. Mourinho has never been known as one to give youth players from academies a chance and when you factor in that they're being heavily linked with Griezman then... wouldn't be a massive surprise if Wilson goes the same way as Macheda's has, just the way football is at the moment. Even Pardew was saying in his interview with the guardian that youth products have to be "international standard" in order to get anywhere near the first team at Palace.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Warren Joyce Wigan manager and ex ManUtd reserve manager

"He does not play games, does not train as hard, does not put in the same effort in the gym or weights that he did to get where he got to"

Manchester Evening News tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here