Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What a ridiculous comment. Even the most 'non-injury-prone' can have their career ended in an instant.

And I strongly disagree Bennett is a 'sicknote'. In fact, that's quite an insulting allegation to levy at him with no evidence.

Benno would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

Whilst I agree on points 1 & 2 to an extent, I do agree with Stat Brother that previous injuries should be taken into account when signing a player. I wouldn't say Benno is "injury-prone", but he has had a couple of serious injuries and although any fit player that's never been injured before could get injured, that's a much smaller calculated risk.

Old injuries take their toll on a body and recurrences can be quite regular. I would take Benno back personally, but I'd prefer someone that's played at least one full season in the last two years. With Benno, we don't know what his fitness levels are like or whether his body has fully recovered to a pre-injury state. Look at CMS, for all his flaws, one thing he did have was a bit of pace and the ability to harry defenders and goalkeepers. This was destroyed by his injury.

Until Benno completes a full pre-season and gets some games under his belt, he would be too much of a risk to get in as a main winger but perhaps as a back-up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a ridiculous comment. Even the most 'non-injury-prone' can have their career ended in an instant.

And I strongly disagree Bennett is a 'sicknote'. In fact, that's quite an insulting allegation to levy at him with no evidence.

Benno would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

If he were at another club would you be happy for the Albion to sign Crofts?
Alternatively
If an offer came in for Crofts would you be happy for the club to accept it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My only concern with Benno is that much as I admired him in his first spell with us I don't remember him being especially adept at standing crosses up for the central strikers. Maybe just my memory playing tricks. Certainly if he is available I would welcome him. I thought he was a shadow of himself last season on loan but he clearly wasn't fit after injury. That's now resolved.
The question then - is he better than we've got? The answer an unequivocal yes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The question then - is he better than we've got? The answer an unequivocal yes!
Unfortunately as proven last season, that's an incredible low bar to reach.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think people are missing something here.

With CMS gone, there is no natural replacement in the "always smiling and nice on twitter" role. Elliott Bennett would be perfect for this - the club would be stupid to not get him in before another club snaps him up.

Sadly, that's probably the role that CALDE will be confined to for most of the season :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sadly, that's probably the role that CALDE will be confined to for most of the season :down:

Are the club really going to burden Calde with two jobs: utter legend AND the really smiley one?

I guess if anyone can pull it off, Calde can.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He certainly has the ability to be a real asset. Firstly, he can cross the ball. Secondly, he always works hard for the team. Thirdly, he is better than, and different to, what we already have. In conclusion, it's a massive YES from me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Are the club really going to burden Calde with two jobs: utter legend AND the really smiley one?

I guess if anyone can pull it off, Calde can.

Well, any truth in this rumour of EB's return, Bozza?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why do we always seem to want past players to return ?

There are plenty of other players out there in the market without looking through our back catalogue of old stars....

I thought we were a progressive forward thinking club looking to the future..... I for one want new players that will grow with the club, and become new legends & hero's.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would take him back for sure, if the fee and wages fitted in.

Good age, Can cross a ball, set pices better than what we have, still has a yard of pace ( dont go on what you saw on loan ). Work his nuts off for the side, loves Brighton and can also play at the head of a central 3 if required, nice and versatile, and well known to the manager, great in the dressing room, has been promoted from the Championship.

Whats not too like. Finding a wide man that isnt a little injury prone is bloody very tricky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do we always seem to want past players to return ?

There are plenty of other players out there in the market without looking through our back catalogue of old stars....

I thought we were a progressive forward thinking club looking to the future..... I for one want new players that will grow with the club, and become new legends & hero's.
Exactly.
The club may well be progressive but it would seem there are many fans that aren't.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Exactly.
The club may well be progressive but it would seem there are many fans that aren't.

You seem to be implying that you can't be progressive AND re-employ former players. If the player is available and better than you currently have that, by definition, would be a progressive move. You can debate whether you feel that e.g Bennett is better than we have or able to get for similar outlay but the idea that bringing players back in is always regressive is plain wrong.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So lets employ, on top dollar, a player who's come bloody close to already having a career ender.
After all lightening does strike twice does it? what could possibly go wrong?

If only one of:-

Armando Vajushi
Garry Rodrigues
Geoffrey Mujangi Bia
Sylvester Igboun
Thorsten Schick
Nikolaos Karelis
Nicklas Bärkroth
Derlis Gonzalez

were fast, talented, wingers, who could deliver a final ball, be younger than EB, and with a clean bill of health.

Still there's no substitute for previously playing for the Albion, in the third division.

#weloveyoubobby.

You are turning into a complete and utter prick this pre-season.

I would have thought Bennett would actually be on our list of players we may want to sign either permantly or on loan. But no you have a stupid agenda to try and make anyone who mentions a former player look like an idiot.

Get over yourself, You are just picking random players out of the hat well done. You are worse than the kids who decide if a player is good or not by their stats on FIFA. stick to cyclying and podcasts because you are being a complete tosspot at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont get why people whinge at the thought of bringing previous players back... whats the problem if they are better than what we have ?

Bennett, Zamora both better than what we have so I would be delighted to have them on that basis alone.

I would have pleased at the time with Stephen Ward also.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I dont get why people whinge at the thought of bringing previous players back... whats the problem if they are better than what we have ?

Bennett, Zamora both better than what we have so I would be delighted to have them on that basis alone.

I would have pleased at the time with Stephen Ward also.

I was thinking the same

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would have pleased at the time with Stephen Ward also.[/QUOTE]
I too would have taken Ward without batting an eyelid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are turning into a complete and utter prick this pre-season.

I would have thought Bennett would actually be on our list of players we may want to sign either permantly or on loan. But no you have a stupid agenda to try and make anyone who mentions a former player look like an idiot.

Get over yourself, You are just picking random players out of the hat well done. You are worse than the kids who decide if a player is good or not by their stats on FIFA. stick to cyclying and podcasts because you are being a complete tosspot at the moment.

I completely agree.

This Summer on NSC has been totally devoid of any imagination, and I've got suckered right into it.
Sure my 'names' are just that meaningless names with a decent season last year and a pretty showreel.
It's been my over the top reaction to some god awful narrow minded threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here