Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it worth the sacrifice.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not really, you very rarely see anything positive about England from rightwingers, particularly on NSC.

Oh really? I've waxed lyrical on here many times about how great being English is. And only recently, after I moaned about lefties doing their usual trick of doing down our country, you denied ever having seen evidence of it only for someone to pop up straight after moaning about how shit it all is.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So are we thinking UKIP or a little stronger?
I think the original post is mostly a load of nonsence,.... but you need to change the record matey, pulling out the UKIP/BNP/DailyMail card each time someone asks a question on the state of the nation, just so you can get a few thumbs ups from fellow shallow thinkers on here, is a little tiresome to be honest.

Give a reasoned response if you dont agree with him, at least that will show you have a brain of sorts.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh really? I've waxed lyrical on here many times about how great being English is. And only recently, after I moaned about lefties doing their usual trick of doing down our country, you denied ever having seen evidence of it only for someone to pop up straight after moaning about how shit it all is.

Ive not seen any 'lefties' doing down our country...when and who was this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the original post is mostly a load of nonsence,.... but you need to change the record matey, pulling out the UKIP/BNP/DailyMail card each time someone asks a question on the state of the nation, just to get some thumbs up from fellow shallow thinkers on here, is a little tiresome to be honest.

Give a reasoned response if you dont agree with him, at least that will show you have a brain of sorts.
Sorry I think you have me confused.

Politics and NSC don't mix and I steer well clear.
Other than general digs at The Daily Mail for being shithouse, (at everything) I tend not to stray in to the political arena. on here.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ?

Ive not actually seen him doing down the country?..Ive seen him remind people that in many areas, the UK isnt unique, when compared with mainland Euro countries...Ive seen him take the piss out of right wingers...I dont think thats the same..

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Rightwingers hate Britain. They slag it off at EVERY opportunity.
With this one comment DIP, you really show how your ignorance and hypocracy knows no bounds. How, I wonder does a guy who flees these shores for self proclaimed 'greener pastures' ( as with Herr Tubthumper ), then from afar run everyone and everything in this country down, have the balls to stand and pontificate over those who live in this nation and experience daily first hand what living in the UK is actually like TODAY,..... not years ago in some misty-eyed past, TODAY.

Disclaimer: ( because DIP and HT will call it out) - I have never voted Conservative, BNP, NF, UKIP.... and I dont read the Mail)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ive not actually seen him doing down the country?..Ive seen him remind people that in many areas, the UK isnt unique, when compared with mainland Euro countries...Ive seen him take the piss out of right wingers...I dont think thats the same..

With all due respect (I love that phrase - such a contradiction) that's akin to Quisling defending Lord Haw-Haw.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This thread...three weeks ago. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?303077-What-should-English-people-be-proud-of/

Are you saying you don't remember or are you just fishing? I'm not sure with you nowadays as you are such a caricature that I think you might just be on a wind-up.

I see Herr Tubthumber, praising our judiciary... I see me saying that 'maybe' younger people dont see anything to be proud about compared to older people...I dont see any slagging off.....

I did notice...
'Nothing to be honest. Why? Just look at what this country has become. And as [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] put. personally I am embarrassed to be English/British'

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Love the theatrical language from right wingers...apparently...my company didnt move me abroad...haha...I fled....not only that....'for greener pastiures'....are you suggesting its better 'abroad'?? .plus of course...I dont 'run my country down'...other than that
....great post Somerset.....remind me of the hell of living in Brighton.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Did Alastair Campbell write that line for you?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Love the theatrical language from right wingers...apparently...my company didnt move me abroad...haha...I fled....not only that....'for greener pastiures'...plus of course...I dont 'run my country down'...other than that
....great post Somerset.....remind me of the hell of living in Brighton.
I am not a right winger,... knee jerk left-wing responses ( as per the 'old labour' book of rhetoric)..... try to be a bit more original.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I see Herr Tubthumber, praising our judiciary... I see me saying that 'maybe' younger people dont see anything to be proud about compared to older people...I dont see any slagging off.....

I did notice...
'Nothing to be honest. Why? Just look at what this country has become. And as @Buzzer put. personally I am embarrassed to be English/British'

Err yes. The attitude I was referring to. The one that I pointed out to you. There's also this one in the same thread.

Sorry, but I personally now spend far more of my life being embarrassed by British and particularly proud English behaviour and attitudes

And you still don't see slagging off? Okay, Comical Ali.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here