Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People are over-analysing this. The season can be split into 3 - unbeaten in 21, four defeats in 5, then 1 loss in 20. People need to see beyond draws with Boro and Burnley and ask why we lost to Rotherham, Wolves, Ipswich and took a pasting off Boro because you can bet your life if we repeat that horror run again we can forget about automatic promotion in 2016/17.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think you're being incredibly harsh on our strikers. We conceded 42 goals which affected our GD.
We had drawn 6 games by the end of October, winning the rest.

28/11/15 Yes, we were top by two points.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34887113

Harsh... a bit maybe... Hemed did pretty well for his first season in English football

there is not one side in the Top 6 last season that would have traded any of there front 2 for ours...in my opinion

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
People are over-analysing this. The season can be split into 3 - unbeaten in 21, four defeats in 5, then 1 loss in 20. People need to see beyond draws with Boro and Burnley and ask why we lost to Rotherham, Wolves, Ipswich and took a pasting off Boro because you can bet your life if we repeat that horror run again we can forget about automatic promotion in 2016/17.

Is the right answer.

In fact, and as everyone else it at it with ifs buts and maybes I'm going to single out Ipswich and Wolves at home as those games has 0 0 written all over them. Boring laboured footy from both sides determined not to lose (I know we were running on empty) but sadly indiv errors cost us. Even the defeat to Rotherham was away and they went on a mental run even Leon Best was scoring at the end!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I somewhat agree with you, but every side has a run like that at some point dont they ?

We were bare bones when that run happened too, way too many draws that should have been wins was the problem for me.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Is the right answer.

In fact, and as everyone else it at it with ifs buts and maybes I'm going to single out Ipswich and Wolves at home as those games has 0 0 written all over them. Boring laboured footy from both sides determined not to lose (I know we were running on empty) but sadly indiv errors cost us. Even the defeat to Rotherham was away and they went on a mental run even Leon Best was scoring at the end!

2 points only against Preston too, we didn't lose put because of what happened after January it was failing to see out wins or turn wins to draws in the unbeaten run

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be arsed to give [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] 3 thumbs up in a row.

All season long the squad was short of at least one striker.
No amount of navel gazing over individual games or mistakes will change the fact that the squad was consistently short of options up top.

CH was fortunate to have the battering ram available all season, even when Tomer clearly needed a break.
But too many times when a bit of speed or guile was needed that option wasn't on the bench.

Worst still the games when CH had no recognised striker options on the bench.
I find it hard to believe 'Boro, Burnley or Hull found themselves in a similar situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't be arsed to give [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] 3 thumbs up in a row.

All season long the squad was short of at least one striker.
No amount of navel gazing over individual games or mistakes will change the fact that the squad was consistently short of options up top.

CH was fortunate to have the battering ram available all season, even when Tomer clearly needed a break.
But too many times when a bit of speed or guile was needed that option wasn't on the bench.

Worst still the games when CH had no recognised striker options on the bench.
I find it hard to believe 'Boro, Burnley or Hull found themselves in a similar situation.

We conceded 12 more goals than Middlesbrough. We were 2-0 up at QPR, but our defence let us down so we lost 2 points.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We conceded 12 more goals than Middlesbrough. We were 2-0 up at QPR, but our defence let us down so we lost 2 points.

Middlesbrough were exceptional at the back which took the pressure off the amount of goals they had to score. I think they went nearly a quarter of the season without conceding.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO never mind who did what to whom ! We are 2 strikers short,which is an undefended fact !!.....and Murray (at the right price),will give us goals.....fact !...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I somewhat agree with you, but every side has a run like that at some point dont they ?

We were bare bones when that run happened too, way too many draws that should have been wins was the problem for me.

Hemed and Wilson didn't do enough in that run for me, even a draw against Wolves or Ipswich would have got us automatic promotion. I agree that the non-acquisition of a striker capable of scoring a solo goal was ultimately our downfall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But with the exception of better short term left back cover :facepalm: there isn't any obvious strengthening, mainly thanks to Goldson surpassing himself, that the defence needed.

Whereas the teams 'goals for' column was corrupted (can't for the life of me think of the word I mean) by a +12 swing in 3 games.

The Albion (17) drew 6 games more than Boro.
Only QPR (18) drew more games than the Albion from the entire division.

Sure some of those were 'good' draws, others were points lost.

I think they outperformed the squad (thank-you Chris) because 3 sick notes and Tomer up top shouldn't result in play off football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody seems to forget the defending that GM does especially from set pieces in our box. That is one area that we definitely need to concentrate on improving.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Koeman to Everton.

Howe to Southampton.

Situation changes.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah we had an injury crisis:glare:
I'd take these amazing unbeaten runs and 89 points all day long next season:clap2:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
IMO never mind who did what to whom ! We are 2 strikers short,which is an undefended fact !!.....and Murray (at the right price),will give us goals.....fact !...

Just like prolific premier league goalscorer for Liverpool, Fernando Torres being a guaranteed goalscorer when moving to Chelsea all those seasons ago?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just like prolific premier league goalscorer for Liverpool, Fernando Torres being a guaranteed goalscorer when moving to Chelsea all those seasons ago?

So you don't think we should improve our striker options by signing Muzza? Errr, OK then...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Did he ever really enjoy playing for us the first time round? Never looked like it to me, he seemed to enjoy his time with the Nigel's far more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he ever really enjoy playing for us the first time round? Never looked like it to me, he seemed to enjoy his time with the Nigel's far more.
Wouldn't you if your contract had a goal bonus, you were the penalty taker, and your teammates with Bolasie and Zahahaha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here