Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth willing to let Murray leave on a free

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So you don't think we should improve our striker options by signing Muzza? Errr, OK then...

The post i quoted said that it was a certainty (fact) that he would bring us goals. Just saying that there are no guarantees that a player will be a success after moving to a club, whatever their previous record is like.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The post i quoted said that it was a certainty (fact) that he would bring us goals. Just saying that there are no guarantees that a player will be a success after moving to a club, whatever their previous record is like.

True. But then, (playing devil's advocate you understand), the only club that Glenn has ever really failed at was Bournemouth, and even then l feel, because he was never really given the chance to shine.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Did he ever really enjoy playing for us the first time round? Never looked like it to me, he seemed to enjoy his time with the Nigel's far more.

Well, Dougie Freedman has some comments to make in an interview on BBS about his problems managing Moody Muzza...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Did he ever really enjoy playing for us the first time round? Never looked like it to me, he seemed to enjoy his time with the Nigel's far more.

Oh l think Glenn will look misearble whoever he plays for, it's just his way. Reportedly Gus had major problems managing him, he was always reluctant to train, and is apparantly something of a loner. But he has behaved much like that whoever he has played for I think.

It doesn't make him a bad footballer though, and to answer your question, yes l believe he did enjoy playing for us, and that, (along with the fact that he still has a home here), is one of the factors he wants to come back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
True. But then, (playing devil's advocate you understand), the only club that Glenn has ever really failed at was Bournemouth, and even then l feel, because he was never really given the chance to shine.

and why was that? injury, didn't suit style? they brought him, kept him but didnt use him, so its a bit odd. fact is he's had two (2) outstanding seasons, and the rest a very mixed bag.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Oh l think Glenn will look misearble whoever he plays for, it's just his way. Reportedly Gus had major problems managing him, he was always reluctant to train, and is apparantly something of a loner. But he has behaved much like that whoever he has played for I think.

It doesn't make him a bad footballer though, and to answer your question, yes l believe he did enjoy playing for us, and that, (along with the fact that he still has a home here), is one of the factors he wants to come back.

Thyis may be a difficult point to express but Pardew when he played at Palace came over rather similarly, he wasn't "one of the boys" and Coppell sold him on soon after the Cup Final. I think Glenn may eventually be a manager somewhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Loaner thing is a bit of a myth I think. I regularly saw Murray out at gigs and bars with Bennett, Elphick, Tunnicliffe etc.

I think he's probably a bit northern and miserable and possibly a bit odd but not the complete outcast some made him to be

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Everybody seems to forget the defending that GM does especially from set pieces in our box. That is one area that we definitely need to concentrate on improving.
Everybody? I have mentioned it on many occasions in the past. Barnes too.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

It's common knowledge that Poyet and Murray had a falling out so I can't pin the hard to manage badge on him. Vicente didn't have too many compliments on Gus's training methods either.

I would imagine under Hughton Murray would do very well, and there are not many players out there who really wants to play for us which is a major factor.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Koeman to Everton.

Howe to Southampton.

Situation changes.
Howe's previous move away from B'muff didn't turn out well. Maybe it's just a case of him fitting B'muff - right place, right time and all that . Why think he would do any better at Southampton than he did last time he moved away from B'muff?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He does ok sometimes but is poor in comparison with GM for defending set pieces generally.

When did u last watch GM for a whole game? My point being which GM are you referring to ..the one who played for BHA or the current one at Bournemouth? ..Also I think you do TH a disservice by saying ''he does ok''

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't we do better than looking for old, ex-players who we (you) didn't much like or rate in the first place.

"FFS Murray" being one of the kinder comments at the time.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Don't be silly! We should just be looking for players who have played for Brighton & Hove Albion before...........

Shirley all NSC knows that by no?

Someone who can defend as well as can play upfront + played for the albion before = Greg Halford.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Someone who can defend as well as can play upfront + played for the albion before = Greg Halford.

You are joking now he was awful for and against us. If the striker can also help defend when needed that is a bonus. Son has just phoned and said it is on the seagull twitter whatever that is that we are chasing Dwight Gayle, but I cant find the site even, let alone the rumour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here