Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester after £6.5m Leo Ulloa

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That's not true though, is it?

Leicester City went into administration in 2002 owing in the region of £30m. They paid, I believe, 10p in the pound. In case your maths is as awry as your assessment of centre forwards this means you simply did not pay £27m of debt. Many businesses suffered because of the appalling way your football club was run, and I use the word 'run' loosely.

Did you forget all of this, or are you just new to the bandwagon and hopelessly out of touch?

Nice.....

Dec 29, 2011
if you read what i said i said he was technically very good BUT DOESNT FIT IN WITH OUR STYLE OF PLAY... Your own fans has said he is slow, we play fast fluid football, we dont sit back we go for the throat, so therefore there is no place in our current squad for slow players. why is that so hard to understand?

and by the way he looked absolutely dog shite against derby, your biggest game of the season and all he did was moan at the ref for 90 mins

If you're so adamant he's shit why are you still on a Brighton forum?

Dec 3, 2012
You obviously havent watched him enough as he isnt slow nor is he greyhound like Wood and Philips, lol, he is very good as a hol up player to bring others into the game abd getting on thd end of crosses. I hope the manager if your club thinks the same as you and does not try for him. Nor the one who replaces Pearson at Chrustmas with you near relegation, mind that wont worry you as you will have a few pounds and can knock some more creditors.

He isn't a donkey but he's not quick enough for the Prem.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
That's not true though, is it?

Leicester City went into administration in 2002 owing in the region of £30m. They paid, I believe, 10p in the pound. In case your maths is as awry as your assessment of centre forwards this means you simply did not pay £27m of debt. Many businesses suffered because of the appalling way your football club was run, and I use the word 'run' loosely.

Did you forget all of this, or are you just new to the bandwagon and hopelessly out of touch?

no i did not forget this, you are correct our club was ran very poorly back then, but, all our debts have been paid off, we are completely debt free as off december 2013 as our owners paid off all our debts to comply with ffp, so harping on about finances 12 years ago on a thread about a striker is childish point scoring...

as for Ullao being better than Wood? technically yes, physically no.. Your own fans have said he is slow, and he simply doesnt fit into our fast paced style of play...guess my point will be highlighted this afternoon.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
You obviously havent watched him enough as he isnt slow nor is he greyhound like Wood and Philips, lol, he is very good as a hol up player to bring others into the game abd getting on thd end of crosses. I hope the manager if your club thinks the same as you and does not try for him. Nor the one who replaces Pearson at Chrustmas with you near relegation, mind that wont worry you as you will have a few pounds and can knock some more creditors.

Ive seen him a bit, not as much as you obviously as your opinion greatly differs from the majority of your own supporters.. Phillips is 40 ffs, are you really using Phillips in a like for like comparison? Im just speculating but are you a plastic fan by any chance? lol

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I seem to recall the Albion not paying all their creditors either, but they came to informal arrangements with them rather than going into administration.

Can easily see one relegated Premier League team and two in the Championship going into admin too this summer.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
no i did not forget this, you are correct our club was ran very poorly back then, but, all our debts have been paid off, we are completely debt free as off december 2013 as our owners paid off all our debts to comply with ffp, so harping on about finances 12 years ago on a thread about a striker is childish point scoring...

So if another owner didn't spunk out a crap load of cash again you'd be in the poop for a second time. So it's not just 12 years ago you were being run poorly is it?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
didnt say he was shit, said he was too slow for our team.. Are their any adults on your forum that can read?

Well that's your opinion but IF there is any truth in this and you end up signing him you are going to look a bit silly aren't you.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I seem to recall the Albion not paying all their creditors either, but they came to informal arrangements with them rather than going into administration.

Can easily see one relegated Premier League team and two in the Championship going into admin too this summer.
Who is the Premier League team? I'm guessing the Championship teams are Reading and Leeds.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
So if another owner didn't spunk out a crap load of cash again you'd be in the poop for a second time. So it's not just 12 years ago you were being run poorly is it?

our owners are multi billionaires, 100 million is a drop in the ocean for them, which they have since recouped due to promotion. We are now one of a handfull of clubs that are totally debt free, can you say the same? people in glass houses etc etc

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
Well that's your opinion but IF there is any truth in this and you end up signing him you are going to look a bit silly aren't you.

not silly, surprised, we wont spend 6 million on a player with no previous premier league experience not a a chance. Would you if you had our money? Would you buy Ulloa from another team for that amount of money? honestly?

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
Who is the Premier League team? I'm guessing the Championship teams are Reading and Leeds.

And lets not forget the impact ITV digital had on this too, they however seem to have gotten away with it totally, when 90% of the clubs that went into administration was directly their fault

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here