Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty in this weeks Worthing Herald. He STILL has his FINGER on the PULSE

Jan 30, 2008
Hold on. Harty writes a newspaper column. If he didn't stir the pot, he would not be writing it for long. In any case, it occurs to me that there are too many people on here prepared to toe the line simply because PB and TB have spoken or will speak directly to this forum. The apathy is a major cause for concern. Empty concourses are a major cause for concern.. The looming renewals for the 1901 Club are a concern. Poor recruitment is a cause for concern. Those poor players facing a difficult string of matches is a concern (I am not looking forward to reading the league table come Xmas).

The finances are fragile but you do not stop marketing when trouble comes. The most important bit of marketing for a Football team is the team. We have got that wrong and the manager knows not what to do. Are any of these things I mention a thing of fantasy? Can you honestly say that any of them are? If you can, then I accept that Harty is wrong. My guess, is that all these points and more ring true...
Lap dogs and lemmings spring to mind, nothing wrong with someone saying it how it is
regards
DR

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree that among [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seems off.

But he isn't actually saying anything that most wouldn't agree with.

I'm not really sure he is making any allegations against [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] anyway? Only highlighting that he and the moderators have to be aware that the club is watching this forum more than closely these days. That isn't censorship but it is a fact that Barber reviews this forum very frequently. We know that in many ways, not least the recent thread posted giving his voluntary response to a thread on here.

Not sure that Harty has said much in his article that I wouldn't agree with.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The article is a mess. Its a load of self-indulgent, melodramatic claptrap that jumps all over the shop, and has absolutely no point to it whatsoever. As much anguish as it caused us as fans, nobodies lives were "turned upside down" by the events going off at the club in the mid-90's, lets keep things in perspective. As an experienced and respected funeral director who is by all accounts damn good at what he does, I'm sure Harty is well accustomed to encountering people on a daily basis who's lives really HAVE been turned upside down.

The club has moved on from the 90's, but some people still seem to be stuck there and feeling they're still somehow owed something from what they did back then.
nothing wrong with the article at all. Jesus there are some proper bell ends on this site now. I think you're post is self indulgent. In fact you probably win the NSC cup when it comes to 'look at me' material.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree that naming [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seems off.

But he isn't actually saying anything that most wouldn't agree with.

I'm not really sure he is making any allegations against [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] anyway? Only highlighting that he and the moderators have to be aware that the club is watching this forum more closely these days. That isn't censorship but it is a fact that Barber reviews this forum very frequently. We know that in many ways, not least the recent thread posted giving his voluntary response to a thread on here.

Not sure that Harty has said much in his article that I wouldn't agree with.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
This thread reminds me of the classic old joke:

How many precious little darlings does it take to create a nose-out-of-joint thread about absolutely nothing on NSC?

Too bloody many. Get over yourselves FFS.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Personally I was shocked to find out that Bozza is not a real name. Next you'll be telling me there's not such person as Lenny Rider.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Why does PB route his responses to the board via the Mods and not directly under his own name? This internal 'link' may give out a misleading impression of influence/collusion

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why does PB route his responses to the board via the Mods and not directly under his own name? This internal 'link' may give out a misleading impression of influence/collusion

PB IS the grassy knoll, also starring Ian Hart as Lee Harvey Oswald and Bozza as Jack Ruby. Coming to an Odeon picture house near you soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
nothing wrong with the article at all. Jesus there are some proper bell ends on this site now. I think you're post is self indulgent. In fact you probably win the NSC cup when it comes to 'look at me' material.

Not quite sure how my post equates to being self indulgent - its an opinion, like anyone elses on here. As for 'look at me' material, I've barely started a thread for months so I dunno what your problem is.

Still, whatever. Looks like you've got the barbs out for a few people this morning. You carry on chap.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the World has moved on and anonymity on forums will soon become a thing of the past and rightly so. As for Harty giving away any great secret, if you do North Stand Chat owner, search on google, the owners name appears on the first page of the search for anyone that can be bothered. As for his comments re the club I think he is pretty much bang on. I think it is best the whole thing is put to bed now imo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strikes me it's time for the tit for tat to stop. The man to walk away from a fight always looks better.
One hundred percent agree. Can't fault what Harty is saying about the Albion, but his comments about NSC did rather upset some people (I couldn't personally see that there was much wrong with them, apart from the error about the number of pulled threads, which he has acknowledged) and it all got too personal.

Would have been better if he hadn't mentioned NSC at all this week, IMHO, (and it would be good if he didn't mention them / us again for a few weeks) but time has come to draw a line. I think it's great that Bozza hasn't so far responded, and I really hope he doesn't.

What Harty wants for the Albion is pretty much what we all want, and overall I cannot see him as an enemy of NSC. Time for peace to break out.

It would be fun if PB started posting his opinions on here. But he would get rinsed, I think everyone knows that, democracy can be very cruel sometimes

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
More people taking themselves way to seriousley ,Mr Harts entitled to his views lump it or like it, freedom of speach and all that
regards
DR

That is correct. He is entitled to his opinion and it just so happens he can put his opinion in a paper
I'm actually with him in what he says but then again maybe I'm an old dinosaur from the bad old days who should go away and hide under a rock

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The article is a mess. Its a load of self-indulgent, melodramatic claptrap that jumps all over the shop, and has absolutely no point to it whatsoever. As much anguish as it caused us as fans, nobodies lives were "turned upside down" by the events going off at the club in the mid-90's, lets keep things in perspective. As an experienced and respected funeral director who is by all accounts damn good at what he does, I'm sure Harty is well accustomed to encountering people on a daily basis who's lives really HAVE been turned upside down.

The club has moved on from the 90's, but some people still seem to be stuck there and feeling they're still somehow owed something from what they did back then.

Excellent post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here