Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
First series is the best - genuinely well written and nuanced political intrigue. Still not baaaad but slowly slipped since then IMO.

Agreed. The books followed the same pattern with the last 3 being a bit of a slog. Still good entertainment and well worth the watch.

Anyone else thinking John has some protective shield/ invincibility since being bought back. 2000 arrows and not a scratch

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
They certainly do not roll the dice and just make it up ! Mr Martin is still heavily involved

Everything I've read (admittedly I've not searched much) suggests that he told the production team at the beginning what the plot lines for the the unwritten books were, but not seen much to suggest he has a significant ongoing involvement in the TV show.

Have you seen otherwise?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And what happened to Jon's Direwolf why was it not taken to the battle?

The boring answer is they couldn't afford to, and didn't have the time to, put both the Direwolf and Wun Wun into the battle scenes, so the giant won and the wolf was cut from the episode.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just watched the 1st 17 minutes of episode until 1st storyline switch. Excellent !!!

Now into work, and will watch the rest in my lunch hour.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Watched the series end, don't want to spoil for those that are waiting the 9pm screening, so will just say enjoyed it and now have the long wait until the next series

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really enjoyed the finale. I haven't generally found the music anything that special but throughout the first 10-15 minutes it was fantastic at setting the tone.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Really enjoyed the finale. I haven't generally found the music anything that special but throughout the first 10-15 minutes it was fantastic at setting the tone.

Agreed, was trying to remember the last time the music was so apt for a scene, especially at the beginning of an episode. Thought it was a fantastic episode overall, plenty of things resolved, yet in a way that has left things open for the big finish. Miguel Sapochnik must be the best director in tv at the moment.

I'm mildly annoyed by some of the pacing. Varys being in in one place then by Dany's side later on for example. And the rushing of storyline on (without trying to spoil) the relatives of people who have lost loved ones being skipped over. But I guess that's more of a lack of time issue as there are so many characters/storyline to balance at this point. However that really is a minor gripe, it was terrific season finale.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 seasons :)

But seasons 7 and 8 will be less than 10 episodes each :nono:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The 2 episode finale made up for any complaints about some of the dragging storylines earlier in the season. While I wouldn't argue this is the best season so far, it feels like it is one of the best endings in setting up the next season. Feels like we're heading into 7 at full tilt.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think i will watch it again tonight, pretty sure i missed stuff so much went on !

Agreed though the first 15 mins which passed in almost total silence was awesome

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What a phenomenal episode again. Not quite so keen on why Lyanna needed to whisper, but it was a great episode nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here