Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you are Chris Hughton, Tony Bloom gives you 15m to spend on 2 new strikers.......

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Watch a re-run of the first leg against Sheff Wed before the injuries set in. Kayal was lost without Stephens alongside him. I was never Stephens biggest fan till he wasn't there. £7million he is not worth that but by the same token, it would take a lot of money to replace him.

Yep I agree that Kayal playing well without Stephens alongside - and vice versa - is a challenge for CH even if we retain both of their services.

I'm hopeful that the Sidwell of the last few games will offer competition when we take over his contract/offer him a deal but we shouldn't look gift horses in the mouth and should sell Stephens to Burnley for a ludicrous sum.

I really think we could tempt Judge to us using this and then we'd be uber competitive and constructive in the midfield department.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Yep I agree that Kayal playing well without Stephens alongside - and vice versa - is a challenge for CH even if we retain both of their services.

I'm hopeful that the Sidwell of the last few games will offer competition when we take over his contract/offer him a deal but we shouldn't look gift horses in the mouth and should sell Stephens to Burnley for a ludicrous sum.

I really think we could tempt Judge to us using this and then we'd be uber competitive and constructive in the midfield department.
I doubt Matthew Benham wants to sell his most prized asset to Bloom, no matter the price

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
15m for two strikers? Jesus. I could do our entire summer wishlist with that and leave you with change.

Philippe Senderos/Kolo Toure/Etc - Big old fasioned CB to continue to tutour Dunk and Goldson whilst being acceptable 3rd/4th choice. Basically a replacement for Greer. Two I mentioned are out of contract, offer of a player/coach role might see their wages become more reasonable too - Free

Rico Henrry
- Very promising young LB from Walsall. Apparently being looked at by a host of Premier League clubs. Not the biggest but looks a real prospect at only 18. Can also play further forward. If we sign him then worst case he's one for the future but I genuinely reckon he'd give Bong and/or Rosenior a lot of competition for that LB spot right now. Basically everything we hoped Chicksen would be... and wasn't. 1-1.5m

Steve Sidwell
- Think it's pretty nailed on. Effective cover and came in to his own towards the end of the season. Out of contract and seemed to enjoy it here. Free

Alex Gilbey
- Seems to have been mentioned a few times. Colchester are in the shit, but he was POTS and is being tipped for big things. Would be nice to keep a young player in the CM options, especially if Caskey and Ince don't make the step up this year. If we're going to play 3 away from home then we need at least 4 options in the middle of the park. 500-750k

Florin Andone. - (Post C&P from wherever I posted it before) 23 years old, 18 goals and 7 assists in the Segunda Division this season for Córdoba CF who finished midtable. Almost certain to play a part for Romania in the EURO's. Had a few La Liga teams and Villa looking at him but nothing concrete, exactly what we need IMO. He wouldn't cost the world, and if we show him how Ulloa has done since making the switch to England I'm confident we could get him here. 4-5m

Cheick Diabate - Scored 10 in 22 for Bordeaux this season. Out of contract in the summer. 50 goals in 129 Ligue 1 and 15 in 37 for Mali Internationally. He's also 6'4 so a solid replacement for Zamora. Free

So, £5,500,000-£7,250,000 spent on transfer fees. It's ideal to have to players for each position, so that would leave us with.

Stockdale
Bruno - Dunk - Goldson - Henry
Knockaert - Kayal - Stephens - Skalak
Diabate - Andone

with a reserve team of;

Mäenpää
Rosenior - Senderos - Hünemeier - Bong
Murphy - Sidwell - Gilbey - March
Hemed - Baldock

That still leaves Walton, Towell, Ince, Caskey, LuaLua & Manu plus any youth players who make the step up. :smile:

Realistically, you could look at selling Caskey, Ince, Manu & LuaLua for around the £4,000,000 mark. 1.5m net spend for a team that would seriously challenge in this division...

you really think we could sign Cheick Diabate?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I have only seen Judge about 4 times over 90 mins so I don't really know enough about him to say that he would improve us and I don't really know how consistent he is but clubs are not queuing up for him.

I do like the lad Rico Henry at Walsall though who I have seen a bit more of. He is a very promising full back and Fred Onyedimna a winger at Millwall looks promising, although doesn't always play as Neil Harris tends not to play with out and out wingers; however, we are at a stage now where we need established proven good players, so I will leave that to our scouting system because they have the better contacts.

Look at Kodija when we watched him he played poorly then he played great against us, so I don't envy the scouting team their task.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yes, selling players on is not a problem when you have a team who seems to be able to find better replacements, so far so good

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As long as we keep Skalak and Knockhart then get Peter Crouch in. He would have a field day up front. Stick a striker like Hooper alongside him and there's 40 goals between them and automatic promotion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murray and Vydra and £15m would pay transfer fee and wages for 2 or 3 years to get us to the premier rather than a lump like McCormack. The alternative is to keep the cash and see what Eastern Europeans shine in the Euros.

Ross McCormack is a player I'd love to see in a Brighton shirt. No way though would Tony Bloom pay the overly inflated price that Fulham would require for him, or adhere to McCormack's wage demands.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nelson Oliviera transfer listed by Benfica.

Thought he was excellent for Forest last year.

??? ???

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Nelson Oliviera transfer listed by Benfica.

Thought he was excellent for Forest last year.

??? ???

Agreed, he could be a v good addition. With him not being shy to take a shot, plus the kind of service he would get here he could turn into one of those elusive 20+ goals a season strikers. Also at 24, he should have his best days in front of him still.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Good shout. Sign him up, Uncle Bloom!

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

Maybe I have delusions of grandeur but should we not be aiming a little higher than this??

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tom Bradshaw at Walsall - consistent goal scorer. Subject to bids of £1m from Barnsley and Birmingham. Final year of his contract and will definitely move this summer.
Worth a punt at that price as Baldock's competition and cheaper than Nakhi Wells who would be my first choice for that role

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here