Jul 10, 2003
well the improvement continues
the better team away at 2nd place watford
but felt he got starting team wrong today
don't think colunga and COG should have started
at least one of Lua Lua and paddy should start
and preferably both
but ulloa was always going to be big boots to fill

and who would you have played up front ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought we played well. Those chances at the end were slightly less scream-inducing than all the ones against Cardiff, but my heart is still racing a bit. It's a world of what if's, but i think once we get going we are going to be a force. If it's two of the best in the division we've just had away draws with, then there's no reason we cannot take anyone on and down this season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We were the better side throughout especially 2nd half. Another mistake gave the points away again.
Watford looked like the away team with niggly fouls to slow up play which i suppose is a compliment they relied on a counter attack.
I thought we looked like a very good and confident team, great passing but the lack of goals from a striker or even midfield is very worrying.
Stockdale had a good steady game with 1 very good save.
Very frustrating.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks must be issued to the lovely Bein Sports. An easily watchable stream with enthusiastic commentary about our beloved 'Brightnen Albwen'. I shall be enlisting for lessons in the holy language.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
A striker, that is all we need.

I watched the second half on stream and it has to be said that O'Grady did absolutely f all and with the quality balls put into the box by Lua Lua a decent centre forward would have been in the right position to at least put one away. O'Grady's positioning is poor and the big concern is that no striker has scored since the first game of the season. I think we would be better off playing Hughes and Greer at the back and Dunk centre forward. We badly need someone with a bit of presence up front if we want to turn our possesion into goals.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Time to give the development squad striker a go to see if he has got it. We know O'Grady hasn't!

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
would have started with COG with colunga to replace him
colunga can do similar job as Baldcock and CMS up top

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The absolute negativity of the idiots posting "we are rubbish" quotes on this thread is unbelievable. There is a problem with scoring, but it will be fixed. Baldock, March, Stephens will be back, hopefully, soon. To say we will be in a relegation battle is to have no understanding of the quality of our squad, or in the ability of the management.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So not a bad point. We should have won. We have Tex not knowing when to pass and we lack a goal threat. That said O'Grady looked good with his lay offs and control. Dunk and GG looking good. Stockdale made a good save and only mistake was a dangerous casual clearance. A bot concerned by the two Villa lads - both need to step up their performances. Colunga, CMS and Baldock (from what I have seen so far) are all a concern really.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I thought we played well, could have won it at the end, 2 great crosses from Lua Lua across the six yard box screaming for a striker to knock them in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here