Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
That is an interesting argument. So as bloom chose to spend his money....yes however he got it, it's his money...like your pay from your employer who got it from trading etc with someone else. As bloom did. He choses to spend it financing a small seaside football team where his family live and have been connected with the club for many years.

So because he choses to do that, it's somehow his fault that he is now getting shit from fans of said small seaside team.

So, if he hadn't stepped in to rescue the finance of falmer as the banks were pulling he plug, as dick has said many times, then where do you think we would be now? Still at withdean? Playing in the county league as FC Brighton?

I am interested to know why people are so anti someone who saved our club from oblivion....as they seem to be doing with Dick.

I don't mind how TB spends his money, but find the whole altruism argument a bit weak. Businessmen invest in football clubs for business reasons...

And I agree with you. He shouldn't be getting stick, but needs to remember he isn't at a poker table on this, and a little leadership is required...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

We are not in a mess we are not a big club and never will be,3rd division is our level get used to it or **** off,no matter how big the ground is

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't mind how TB spends his money, but find the whole altruism argument a bit weak. Businessmen invest in football clubs for business reasons...

And I agree with you. He shouldn't be getting stick, but needs to remember he isn't at a poker table on this, and a little leadership is required...

Fair points, well made. I suppose a lot of this is that barber wears his heart on his sleeve and likes to tell us everything, whereas bloom is more circumspect.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Stand down Bloom.
Football is not a gambling business.
Do not continue to gamble with the emotions of true Brighton supporters.
You are where the buck stops.
It stopped.
Time for you,Derek Chapman and the rest of the useless bunch to get off.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sadly the writing has been on the wall for months. But I'm afraid the Board simply don't get it - they'll spin things every way they can.

They should credit the supporters with more nous and learn from this sorry saga - you can't fool us. Take responsibility, listen and learn. Recent Argus interviews, BBC Sussex interviews, supporter meetings - all totally off beam and hollow, not connected with what the 'customers' perceive/feel.

Sort it out - from top to bottom, on and off the pitch - and the Board might be surprised at the support they receive. Get real, it's not all about the corporates.

The Board inherited an incredible legacy - and with that came a responsibility and a healthy and sincere respect for the supporters. Each and every Board member would do well to not forget that.

If I was TB, I'd be addressing how to get the fans back on side - and it isn't just about Sami and his inevitable departure.

Well that's a post I never thought I'd see on here. So with Henfield One and [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] being heavily critical of the current goings on, you really do have to worry what the board are doing and thinking.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think that's a bit cynical. Chelsea and Citeh are examples of clubs being owned for other than a profit motive.

TB is genuine, he's got £700 million and so is willing to put a fraction of that in the Albion.

As for Hyppia, perhaps he wouldn't still be here, and another manager had been approached relatively recently, but turned us down for a sunnier, more Real, option?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
So who is it that you know harry h, who can come in and invest at least as much as tony does.

not having a pop, but to make a statement like that. Would asume you know someone better

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He also shouldn't forget the £18m - £20m the fans spend each year. Everyone talks about his money, but it is our money that keeps the club going.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The OP has such a track record in being an idiot that he is currently being sought by a number of villages to represent them.

It would seem that there are a lot of village idiots on this thread then as MOST agree with me. I do not appreciate your name calling either. It makes me very upset. Please stop. :albion2:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So who is it that you know harry h, who can come in and invest at least as much as tony does.

not having a pop, but to make a statement like that. Would asume you know someone better

Loads on here seem to think they could do better so let's put our money up eh? I'd guess we've got around 15 000 adult season ticket holders, so about 13.5k each should cover it for the initial outlay.

Form an orderly queue.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

Has brought this club so far in terms of solvency and infrastructure, but him being young I suppose, his biggest mistakes have been to put too much trust in the wrong people:

Firstly Poyet who worked wonders in League One, but that megalomaniac made colossal blunders - not rating (the brilliant) Murray good enough to get a decent contract, then recruiting league-one standard CMS as being worthy of double that pay rate, at the same time blowing up to £3.25m on the transfer fee. Once we were in the Championship, Poyet frequently whined and politicked about our budget even though (as proven by the huge accounting losses and payroll cost in the Poyet Amex era) TB had been immensely supportive. Van Dijk, Wickham, McCormack & co were never going to join us - clubs with far far more money were after them.

Then from 'feast to famine', TB addressed the over-powerful manager problem, by going down the route of a Czar of Recruitment/Scouting. Burke. That entire department just hasn't produced the goods, it's failed. Squad quality is awful and declining, too many duff recruits.

This mess began long before fall-guy Hyppia arrived. The football played last season was in the main appalling. We only just made the play-offs due to it being a weak Championship season. Derby (not FFP cheats) have now outclassed us 5 games running, and look at the scoring, attacking, winning football played by Bournemouth, Ipswich, Burnley last year, Middlesborough. They all show what can be done with the right person in charge of recruiting and scouting.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I think that's a bit cynical. Chelsea and Citeh are examples of clubs being owned for other than a profit motive.

TB is genuine, he's got £700 million and so is willing to put a fraction of that in the Albion.

As for Hyppia, perhaps he wouldn't still be here, and another manager had been approached relatively recently, but turned us down for a sunnier, more Real, option?

Are you suggesting that Mr Moyes was approached ?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Fans own clubs.
Everything and everybody else comes and goes.
Ever known a player,chairman or coach to do 50 years at a club?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The easiest way to get the fans on board again is results. If they pick up so will support for TB remember he has achieved far more for the football club than any Chairman before him, bar none, and with his own money.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Just a hundred quid a month over 50 years means you have spent 60 grand following your club.

Feb 14, 2010
Fans own clubs.
Everything and everybody else comes and goes.
Ever known a player,chairman or coach to do 50 years at a club?

Tony Bloom is a fan and the fan who has most to rescue us from the Archer years than all of us. Including Dick Knight (tho that is debatable as that could be equal and wish they would bury their differences) , Harty, Attilla, The Henfield One, all of us who walked out at the midweek game at the goldstone when the fireworks went off and the rest of protests. Like most / many of us, Bloom was born into the club at birth. He didnt choose the Albion, he was (like me) saddled with them and there is nothing we can do about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here