Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Since OG walked out Tony Bloom's performance has been appalling and almost arrogant. I simply cannot believe that we are realistically looking at Hyypia staying for the next game. Get rid of him NOW before it is too late. I realise the money he has put in but how can he possibly let things go like this on the field. It is exasperating and his lack of action means that he is the one responsible.

Why does it have to be 'one' person responsible though?

Managers haven't managed, coaches haven't coached and players haven't played too IMO.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
1: Poyet was dismissed, he didn't walk away.

2: Even if he did "walk" then surely that's between Poyet and Tony Bloom, rather than a bunch of nosey people on the Internet. As a fan your right is to watch the football, not to be given chapter and verse on the inner workings of the business.

1. Didn't say he did. He WANTED out. We'll never know for sure, but all things being equal, I think its fairly certain Gus would have walked if not pushed. His actions and comments later on got him what he wanted, abiet without the pay off, that's if the Sunderland job doesn't count as a pay off. Gus and Tony's relationship had broken down, and basically Poyet played Bloom at his own game, and got released from his contact in a blaze of publicity and walked into a premiership job.... who won that one?

2. Oscar WANTED out and walked out. Pure and simple.

So are you deneying that Poyet and Oscar didn't basically walk away from the most sort after job outside the Premiership, even if one played the club and went for a payout as well?

Do you think all is rosey at the club for both of them to want out? I wouldn't be surprised if Sami is as pissed off as most of us that he hasn't got the bullet and his pay off yet. He's not exactly helping his case with his interviews, blaming the players is he. Maybe Bloom won't sack him, as he hopes he will walk. Bloom can't be much more pro-Sami without proposing to him!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Managers haven't managed, coaches haven't coached and players haven't played too IMO.
True the manager and players etc. haven't been doing their jobs well, but ultimately it's all to do with where the buck stops.

You know, that buck that is currently running amok at The Amex...............

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

If the players are playing for the team or manager, who's fault is that?

If a manager loses respect of the players, its very hard, near impossible to win it back, and judging by what I seen and how the players respond to Herpes, I'd say he lost them a long long time ago.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
True the manager and players etc. haven't been doing their jobs well, but ultimately it's all to do with where the buck stops.

You know, that buck that is currently running amok at The Amex...............
IMO if the players are performing the buck stops with the manager. If the manager isn't performing the buck stops with the chairman. Still amazes me that Bloom can state we have a top 6 squad, yet accept a bottom three performance. Maybe if we lose Friday and Rotherham win Saturday and we are cut adrift, things might change...... but I doubt it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So are you deneying that Poyet and Oscar didn't basically walk away from the most sort after job outside the Premiership!!

Since when has managing a side who haven't been in the top flight for over 30 years been the most sort (it's 'sought' by the way) after job outside the Premiership ( it's Premier League by the way)? It only appears to be the case in your head, along with your inferences that TB is somehow dictating player recruitment, team selection and tactics.

Poyet turned down job offers from Reading and Wolves in his final season with us. He wanted more money to spend than the board were prepared to give him, and that was the conflict that brought about his dismissal. He has been making the same noises at Sunderland too.

Oscar Garcia didn't like the job, he however lasted longer with us than he did at Watford.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

Of course he is, he is the Chairman. It's impossible to argue otherwise. Same as it's impossible to argue that the good he has done for the club far exceeds the bad. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have a club, and four out of the five seasons since he took over have been good.

Everyone makes bad decisions, and nobody can get it right all the time. I'm glad he's given Hyppia the time to get it right, I'm glad we're not a hire 'em, fire 'em type of club. He's shown he is a patient man, and that can only make him someone who future managers would want to work for. But enough is enough now, Hyppia has to go, and I'm sure he will very soon.

As for the rest of the hires he made, yes we're having a bad season now, but I think it's too early to tell whether they have been successful or not.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

That is not a challenging question. It is because he has the power to change things. He appointed Barber, Burke and Hyypia. Obviously there is no guarantee that every appointment will be a success but SH has patently been a complete failure. Incredibly as I type he is STILL our manager. What is Bloom doing? He lack of action right now is a bored earring farcical and the longer this goes on the more I lose faith in our chairman irrespective of whether he is a fan, a rich person or not.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
At the risk of upsetting Buzzer, I can't believe some of the abuse aimed at TB.
Sure he's made mistakes, but cut the man some slack ! If it wasn't for him, you'd be shuffling between the bottom two leagues .
He must know it's not working, how do you not know he's not striking a redunduncy package with Hypia ?
As a fan, he must be feeling the pain more then anyone, and he can't be sleeping well at night.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That is not a challenging question. It is because he has the power to change things. He appointed Barber, Burke and Hyypia. Obviously there is no guarantee that every appointment will be a success but SH has patently been a complete failure. Incredibly as I type he is STILL our manager. What is Bloom doing? He lack of action right now is a bored earring farcical and the longer this goes on the more I lose faith in our chairman irrespective of whether he is a fan, a rich person or not.

Let's agree to disagree then. Im not going to lose faith in TB on the back of four months of mediocre football, you clearly are.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
But all the time fans keeping turning up the club don't care where we are in the league. 2 choices for Friday don't turn up and hit the club where it hurts in the pocket or voice our concerns at the directors box before the game and half time. But we have gone to bloody soft as fans , there be a few boos when we lose and everyone will turn up to the next game. Think as fans we need to grow some balls and stand up for the club we love , no others fans would have let sami stay in the job this long!!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Since when has managing a side who haven't been in the top flight for over 30 years been the most sort (it's 'sought' by the way) after job outside the Premiership ( it's Premier League by the way)? It only appears to be the case in your head, along with your inferences that TB is somehow dictating player recruitment, team selection and tactics.

Poyet turned down job offers from Reading and Wolves in his final season with us. He wanted more money to spend than the board were prepared to give him, and that was the conflict that brought about his dismissal. He has been making the same noises at Sunderland too.

Oscar Garcia didn't like the job, he however lasted longer with us than he did at Watford.
sort (it's 'sought' by the way) after job outside the Premiership ( it's Premier League by the way).

If that's the best you can do, a ****ing grammar knob.

Sorry, I meant to say, managers love the way we operate and I am sure Poyet and Oscar had mental issues for not wanting to be here. Sami Herpes was the best manager for the role at the time, and Tony Bloom gives his managers free reign to play a style that suits the squad we have and lets them have 100% control over the players they can have and the way we play. In Tony we trust, he can do no wrong and it'll be alright in the end.

Now, any advice of how to shove my own head up my own arse, so I can join yours and Tony's gang?

SDG

May 26, 2014
Yes, he's to blame. He only got Brighton promoted twice and gifted the club a big new stadium.

:ffsparr:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He took a gamble with Hyypia and it seems to have gone wrong. It happens to everyone, Swansea tried Sousa and it didn't work.
My bigger worry is what went on in the background with Oscar. Chuffed to have the job to, apparently, wanting to quit in January before doing so a few months later.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But all the time fans keeping turning up the club don't care where we are in the league. 2 choices for Friday don't turn up and hit the club where it hurts in the pocket or voice our concerns at the directors box before the game and half time. But we have gone to bloody soft as fans , there be a few boos when we lose and everyone will turn up to the next game. Think as fans we need to grow some balls and stand up for the club we love , no others fans would have let sami stay in the job this long!!!
Completely agree with most of that, although I think the 7000 who didn't turn up for the Wigan game might not!!! I think we might be seeing a lot of empty seats in the home end on Friday. BUt that will be because its Millwall, because its cold, because its near christmas, because its Friday, its on sky, it'll be dark, because the day begins with a F, nothing to do with the shit we see on the pitch obviously and people just can't bothered.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I am the longer this disaster goes on and he fails to do his job. If there was a poll on TB 'in or out' I'd be 'in' but I feel less and less confident is his ability to appoint and work with managers. All has not been well at the club since Poyet's last season to now. That's more than 4 months.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I am the longer this disaster goes on and he fails to do his job. If there was a poll on TB 'in or out' I'd be 'in' but I feel less and less confident is his ability to appoint and work with managers. All has not been well at the club since Poyet's last season to now. That's more than 4 months.
I don't think there is one sane person on this board that even suggests they wanted Bloom out.

Just a few dickheads who seemed to have accused others of wanting that because they have no idea what the argument is, and get in a fluster if anyone dares says a word against Bloom, I don't recall one person saying they want Bloom out. I think what a lot want, is for Bloom to change the manager hiring policy, because the last two have been complete duds, but I think that is also down to the structure at the club.

I think if you had a Bloom out poll, whoever started it would rightly be called and **** and only trolls would vote yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports