Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's simple as to why it's taking time, because we are after top quality and the side we are taking a player from is getting a replacement in

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For Barnsley to survive at this level, given their commercial income and crowd sizes, is a big ask. They can't blithely bat away offers in the way Bloom can, for players reaching the end of their contracts. Winnall can walk for nothing in a few months time (as can their other good player Hourinhane) and they just can't afford to allow that to happen. If Wednesday have offered £2m or so and the player wants to go, they'll take it.

On that basis, might be worth putting a bid in for Hourinhane, who looks a proper player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not disputing the quality but would sooner they were here by now to help us achieve maximum points rather than possibly drop some this month.

Do you mean like Ridgewell and Knockaert who we signed in the first week of January last year? In trying to make a point there is no point making up stuff.

However, we're hardly short of players at the moment. The argument that we need another striker to back up Baldock for the season is valid. It is not true that we need them now so why not wait and get it right rather than rush in? I can't believe people are moaning given the situation we are in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not disputing the quality but would sooner they were here by now to help us achieve maximum points rather than possibly drop some this month.

We could sign 20 player's toning but it doesn't mean we will have 3 certain points on saturday

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think its possible. The only competition spoken of for his signature is Shamrock Rovers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope we take on loan or buy a proven goal scorer, just in case Murray got injured. He's such a great finisher, we couldn't rely on Hemed in the same way game after game.

Elsewhere, ai think we've got good cover for all positions.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hope we take on loan or buy a proven goal scorer, just in case Murray got injured. He's such a great finisher, we couldn't rely on Hemed in the same way game after game.

Elsewhere, ai think we've got good cover for all positions.

That would be the Hemed who was our leading scorer last year and isn't so far off this season despite having very little game time?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That would be the Hemed who was our leading scorer last year and isn't so far off this season despite having very little game time?

What did Hemed get last season? 17? 18?
What is Murray on now? You can't even compare them for goal scoring I am afraid

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What did Hemed get last season? 17? 18?
What is Murray on now? You can't even compare them for goal scoring I am afraid
Yes you can. One is cover for the other. The one who is cover is inevitably going to be not quite as good as he one he is covering for - otherwise he would be the first choice, not the person he is covering. Hemed is excellent cover for Murray.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see it, think wages would be a stumbling block. Reckon he's more likely to rock up somewhere like Sunderland.
Why this obsession with 'We can't afford his wages'? He's had several seasons in the PL, on PL wages. So, unless he's got a huge gambling habit - or a gargantuan appetite for expensive prostitutes - he's minted. It won't be long though, until he is physically unable to play professional football any more. He might just want to go on doing that for as long as possible, f*** the money.
Anyway, I don't suppose £10K (or thereabouts) a week is a pauper's wage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here