Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With NSC's close links to the club it would be brilliant to have some interaction with them - im sure we all want the same goal

I suspect the club would have no problem with it at all.

I believe the club want initiatives to be fan led, which they will then support where practical to do so, because in being fan led they have a greater chance of succeeding. Also, I think they are going to take a long time to get over clacker-gate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I suspect the club would have no problem with it at all.

I believe the club want initiatives to be fan led, which they will then support where practical to do so, because in being fan led they have a greater chance of succeeding. Also, I think they are going to take a long time to get over clacker-gate.

Which is an utter nonsense... Derby had them for their home play off game... and Leicester have had them all season... it is a pathetic over-reaction to blame them for anything. Having said that I find them irritating and unnecessary.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Let's have a vote and that would sort it out once and for ever. Why don't we have balaclavas, goal music, flying seagulls, stupid goal announcers, blue peter cardboard cut out displays and copied Eastern European songs to complete the total plastic image. Think you can say I like the majority are in the No camp. A good noise is created by crowd when the team plays well, simple. I think the atmosphere at the Amex is better than most. Went to Sheff Weds this year and you could hear a pin drop. Give Brighton sone credit please, it ain't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's have a vote and that would sort it out once and for ever. Why don't we have balaclavas, goal music, flying seagulls, stupid goal announcers, blue peter cardboard cut out displays and copied Eastern European songs to complete the total plastic image. Think you can say I like the majority are in the No camp. A good noise is created by crowd when the team plays well, simple. I think the atmosphere at the Amex is better than most. Went to Sheff Weds this year and you could hear a pin drop. Give Brighton sone credit please, it ain't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balaclavas are a great idea, because then all the CRINGING fans can hide their faces and avoid any EMBARRASSMENT.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Dunno.

Paul Beirne seemed to be taking an active lead in trying to sort out the North Stand mess, but he's no longer with us unfortunately.
When did he leave ? And when you say unfortunately, what did he achieve of note whilst here and thats not knocking the guy, but I never heard of him doing anything in his time here?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I am not in favour at all, but if we had to have one, it should not be on the shelf. It needs to be in the middle of the north stand... to try and drag the factions in a vaguely similar direction. The rest of the ground will follow if the North is united, loud enough and sings at a sensible speed (I am not holding my breath on any of these!).
I totally agree, the first step is to have the east and west sides of the North Stand singing in unison, I'm dead central and all too many times this season the centre is caught in between two songs then everyone gives up because no one knows what to sing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When did he leave ? And when you say unfortunately, what did he achieve of note whilst here and thats not knocking the guy, but I never heard of him doing anything in his time here?

6 months ago, give or take, I think.

I meant 'unfortunately' in that he did seem to be taking an active role in trying to bridge the gap between club and fans to try and improve the Amex atmosphere. I'm not sure if anyone else has, or maybe no one else has the time to with existing roles, responsibilities and workloads.

What did Paul do or accomplish? I'm not sure - I'm not close enough to it and he wasn't here for that long all told. But having met him once or twice, I thought he brought something new and fresh to the Albion and he had a grounded pragmatic approach.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I totally agree, the first step is to have the east and west sides of the North Stand singing in unison, I'm dead central and all too many times this season the centre is caught in between two songs then everyone gives up because no one knows what to sing.

They would probably want a drum each ! :)

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Drum long overdue in the North, we have proven incapable of singing a song without accelerating into a complete mess. It would improve the atmosphere by getting more people singing, as it stands most songs are over before they start.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
On a side note, does anyone know if other clubs forums obsess as much as we do about the atmosphere at their grounds? Do we still have some Boro / Burnley / Palace infiltrators on here who can answer?
I think most clubs don't even bother a lot of the time.

Why would you with endless threads about why your half empty ground is not as atmospheric as you'd like it to be and when every decent away following dominates the noise...?

NSC has achieved new heights of nonsense in recent days. We now have TWO benchmarks for evaluating the quality of the Amex atmosphere - pumped up and raucous end of season full houses at Derby (2014) and Middlesbrough (2016) ...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
6 months ago, give or take, I think.

I meant 'unfortunately' in that he did seem to be taking an active role in trying to bridge the gap between club and fans to try and improve the Amex atmosphere. I'm not sure if anyone else has, or maybe no one else has the time to with existing roles, responsibilities and workloads.

What did Paul do or accomplish? I'm not sure - I'm not close enough to it and he wasn't here for that long all told. But having met him once or twice, I thought he brought something new and fresh to the Albion and he had a grounded pragmatic approach.

Blimey I missed that! I follow him on twiiter, he's still living in Brighton and RTs a load of stuff about the club. Shame. Genuinely intelligent man.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No!!

We would need at least two drums in the North for the two main singing groups. Never mind about our singing not being in time, we can't even sing the same bloody song.

Whatever happened to the club's initiative to put all the singers together in the centre of the North Stand? Three-quarters of SFA that's what.

Until there is a Barber-will to put all the singers together a drum is not going to make any difference. (and it's cheap & tacky. It's football. Not a kids pantomime)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here