Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry if already mention but presumably we can take him off Sunderlands hands at a cheaper rate than anyone else since there would be no sell on (of there is one) and/or Sunderland still owe us money.

Odd thing for their manager to come out with but it strikes me that this one works out nicely for them / us and he is trying to push it along.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yes, but then why wouldn't he have, the loans still in place. If the article posted is correct it merely suggests that allardyce would prefer a permanent deal on January and that leeds perhaps can't afford that

Big Sam talks realism. Bridcutt and Buckley are both 26 approaching the peak of their careers. Sunderland have 25 players squad and they will not be in it if he recruits two players.

It is neither players advantage to go on a loan deal if they can get a three and half year contract.

To my mind I thought the Albion let them go too quickly, not through anything other than Poyet enticed them away.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not yet but do you honestly see him stepping much? He didnt pull up any trees when he has played this season so I think it is more likely that he will leave in January either a transfer or loan.

Crofts is 31 and is not match fit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry if already mention but presumably we can take him off Sunderlands hands at a cheaper rate than anyone else since there would be no sell on (of there is one) and/or Sunderland still owe us money.

This makes perfect sense. If Hughton wants him then I guess it'll happen. Albion's spin doctors will need to be at full revs to get fans on board however. The future of JFC, Crofts, Ince & Holla must seem bleak with Dicky Towell coming too.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Could be an impressive alternative to our first choice, Bridcutt as a holding midfielder in a 4-4-2 with Towell pushing forward

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Bridcutt reminds me why clubs have the right to ask for transfer fees.

Bridcutt you were good with us but without us you have to make your own name for your own sake. Go away!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Big Sam talks realism.

Big Sam talks a financial agreement that works for Sunderland. Bridcutt to Brighton would appear to be the cheapest way to get him off their books.

If it works for us so be it.

I've no problem with him coming back if Hughton wants him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really don't think this good business.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Chris Hughton wants him in then we should trust his judgement regardless of the bitter taste Bridcutt left in the manner of his exit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bridcutt left under a cloud of thunder.

He needs to employ some very good PR if he's to return with any respect.

In my opinion he's an utter tool who shouldn't darken our doorstep again.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
would be very disappointed if this was even being considered seriously.

we have a squad that has a positive team bonding which we havnt seen for ages, why bring back a prima donna.....no good can come of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He can only cover one and we need cover for both Kayal and Stephens.

True, Towell can only cover one, Crofts can also cover for one. Don't think Ince can. Towell and Crofts to cover for Kayal and Stephens? - OK by me, unless or until we can get even better. Bridcutt? - I don't think so, but if CH feels different, then fine by me ......

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He might be better off at Leeds if he gets regular first team football?

At the Albion, with our injuries I can only see him coming on instead of when Ince comes on or Crofts plays. I never saw him as being a first teamer in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here