Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We could have done with him yesterday

I thought Crofts should have been on (instead of Murphy) from the start. Bridders is much younger than Croft though. If he was left-footed he would be a good bet to sign.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope all this speculation about him returning is not just that speculation. A couple of MOM performances coming on to hold us together and secure 3 points will have everybody, even his critics at the moment, back in his corner. If CH thinks he is the answer bring it on early January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why is it that so many posters on NSC advocate the return of former players?

And in Bridcutt's case, not a particularly talented one in my opinion. Yes ok, he was good at patrolling that very small space in front of he back four, but that's about it, he was devoid of pace, and didn't weigh in with nearly enough goals.

Under Chris Hughton's 4-4-2 system, we don't even play with that holding midfielder any more.

Liam Bridcutt has moved on, so why can't we?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

And in Bridcutt's case, not a particularly talented one in my opinion. Yes ok, he was good at patrolling that very small space in front of he back four, but that's about it, he was devoid of pace, and didn't weigh in with nearly enough goals.

Under Chris Hughton's 4-4-2 system, we don't even play with that holding midfielder any more.

Fair enough you may not want him back, but to say he was "not particularly good" is just rubbish. He was the hearbeat of one of the best Albion teams I have seen.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
We don't play a holding midfielder in our starting system so unless he'd accept a low wage contract to sit on the bench, don't know why we'd go for him.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

eh?

he was one of the most consistently good players to ever play for us. He won player of the season twice in a row (could've been 3, can't remember)

Fine, he left on bad terms, and he hasn't done particularly well since, but he was absolutely brilliant for us, and you can't change that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair enough you may not want him back, but to say he was "not particularly good" is just rubbish. He was the hearbeat of one of the best Albion teams I have seen.

Yes, but he played a very limited role, and not every team plays with a holding midfielder, and that is the only position he plays.

I have fond memories of his time with us too. But that's just what they are, memories.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are times when a man is required to tame the opposition like 2 of the last 3 matches when he could have come on and got us 3 points and we would still be top of the league.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There are times when a man is required to tame the opposition like the last 3 matches when he could have come on and got us 3 points and we would still be top of the league.

Single handed BG? Certainly yesterday, we were not so much outplayed, as overwhelmed. No one player would have changed that result.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There are times when a man is required to tame the opposition like 2 of the last 3 matches when he could have come on and got us 3 points and we would still be top of the league.

I said something similar the other day BG; we look comfortable against teams at 0-0, take the lead and then look all at sea when the other team pick up the pace in search of an equaliser. Bringing on Bridcutt might help us hang on to some of these leads.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I said something similar the other day BG; we look comfortable against teams at 0-0, take the lead and then look all at sea when the other team pick up the pace in search of an equaliser. Bringing on Bridcutt might help us hang on to some of these leads.

I wouldn't write Bridcutt off as unable to do a job. He's very good at what he does and I, like everyone else, was constantly impressed by him during his time here. He could most definitely do a job for us, but would I want him back?...

...Not a chance in hell! This team, more than any other quality, is about togetherness and working for each other. An ex player that left after having his head turned and effectively going on strike is not what the team needs back under any circumstances.

Liam Bridcutt...good player, and thanks for the good memories, but no thanks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC is all about opinions. However anyone who decides to re-write history and deny Bridcutt was absolutely immense for us is completely and utterly WRONG :lol:

BG - he was getting absolutely slated first half v Wolves the other day in Twitter (by Leeds fans..) - not sure if he picked up in that game as I couldn't be bothered to watch (there was excellent darts to be watched on the other channel :thumbsup: )

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Leeds fans have taken to him. My best mate is a Leeds season ticket holder and they are now pretty confident of keeping him and appreciate what he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here