Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom: I put it as a challenge to you to get more songs, get more atmosphere going.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Here is my point, this song would work and sound great (sounds brilliant when the scots sing it). What do you get? No replies and a thumbs down.

I should of changed the third line to- Just to see the team that makes me smile
Oh, and their to they're

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You may not want advice from a Palace fan, but late 00's (pre Fanatics), there were threats to shut down Blocks A-C of the Holmesdale due to persistent standing.

There were games where stewards and police would wade in and drag a few out and there was running arguments throughout games. Whenever people were forced to sit, the areas around would start a song, and then everyone would be standing again anyway.

The Council handed letters out at the Turnstile saying you had to sit in your seat, nowhere else and you had to sit down.

It continued for a couple of months and Jordan and the club bored of the protests and forgot it.

The advice would be to stand, keep standing, sing songs while you stand "Stand up if you hate Palace" I assume would be a good one when they try to make you sit down. Keep fighting the cause, eventually, they will forget it and let you get on with it.

Good Luck.

Interesting to hear you went through he same shite. My concern here is that our club will take no prisoners; they will drag people out and use them as an example and ban them. They have no concern over how this effects supporters and I know this from recent and extremely unpleasant experience. The culture of the club's safety department is one of power crazed fools and they will take great pleasure on banning supporters for standing and 'winning' their little battle. I take my hat off to those who are willing to get a ban for the greater good. Having just returned from a ten match ban for doing absolutely nothing wrong/nothing untoward at a match last season I will not be taking this action I'm afraid.

When you consult supporters groups about the behaviour of the Albion's safety officer my experience is not uncommon, I learnt of a number of examples. Many fans will assume all is OK but its only when you have a negative experience that you see how bad the situation is. A very unpleasant side of progress unfortunately.

For the club to then request the fans to generate an atmosphere against this backdrop is taking the p*** I'm afraid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It continued for a couple of months and Jordan and the club bored of the protests and forgot it.

The advice would be to stand, keep standing, sing songs while you stand "Stand up if you hate Palace" I assume would be a good one when they try to make you sit down. Keep fighting the cause, eventually, they will forget it and let you get on with it.

Good Luck.
But what if we, in the main, have a better relationship with our club and considerably more respect for our owner?

SDG

May 26, 2014
But what if we, in the main, have a better relationship with our club and considerably more respect for our owner?

It was the Council shutting it. Jordan didn't give a toss one way or another.

If that is your attitude, then don't complain about it.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Interesting to hear you went through he same shite. My concern here is that our club will take no prisoners; they will drag people out and use them as an example and ban them. They have no concern over how this effects supporters and I know this from recent and extremely unpleasant experience. The culture of the club's safety department is one of power crazed fools and they will take great pleasure on banning supporters for standing and 'winning' their little battle. I take my hat off to those who are willing to get a ban for the greater good. Having just returned from a ten match ban for doing absolutely nothing wrong/nothing untoward at a match last season I will not be taking this action I'm afraid.

When you consult supporters groups about the behaviour of the Albion's safety officer my experience is not uncommon, I learnt of a number of examples. Many fans will assume all is OK but its only when you have a negative experience that you see how bad the situation is. A very unpleasant side of progress unfortunately.

For the club to then request the fans to generate an atmosphere against this backdrop is taking the p*** I'm afraid.

You need the fans to back each other up. It doesn't have to result in fights or ejections, but if you support your own and stand in unison, they cannot throw 500 of you out!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's such a shame that this is one of the most obvious ideas to help the atmosphere, at the same time as being one of the most unlikely things to happen.

Having given it some thought, the reason it will not happen is because the old bill & the club like to know who is in what seat, generally. Even if you pass your ticket on, you are still kind of responsible isn, I think. So for that reason the club could I imagine, have no part. If however all / most of the fans in the north agreed that it is sit where you want day, then there is feck all they can do about it.

If for example NSC put a sticky banner saying North stand is SIT WHERE YOU WANT FOR BLACKPOOL. Someone then turns up early and puts a couple of posters outside as well just in case anyone does not read NSC. If the vast majority do it, I cannot imagine there will be too many Idiots who would get the hump and want to sit where they usually do. In the interests of an atmosphere . Just a thought, but as you say, won't happen

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was the Council shutting it. Jordan didn't give a toss one way or another.

If that is your attitude, then don't complain about it.
I'm not complaining, it's just a tourettes thing when the name Jordan appears on NSC.

Jordan not giving a toss about the law and club management, now there's a surprise.
(see it happened again :lolol:).

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I'm not an expert, but can we measure the noise (decibels?) created by each stand (or area) and the results appear on the big screen. This would create competition between the areas. Is this achievable?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having given it some thought, the reason it will not happen is because the old bill & the club like to know who is in what seat, generally. Even if you pass your ticket on, you are still kind of responsible isn, I think. So for that reason the club could I imagine, have no part. If however all / most of the fans in the north agreed that it is sit where you want day, then there is feck all they can do about it.

If for example NSC put a sticky banner saying North stand is SIT WHERE YOU WANT FOR BLACKPOOL. Someone then turns up early and puts a couple of posters outside as well just in case anyone does not read NSC. If the vast majority do it, I cannot imagine there will be too many Idiots who would get the hump and want to sit where they usually do. In the interests of an atmosphere . Just a thought, but as you say, won't happen
You are kidding right.

Ignoring everything else, I'd be surprised if the game even went ahead.
It was be mentals.
Messing with someones seat, feck me you'll have an atmosphere that's for sure, it'll top FVM that day.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You need the fans to back each other up. It doesn't have to result in fights or ejections, but if you support your own and stand in unison, they cannot throw 500 of you out!

They don't have to throw all 500 out. They just pick them off game by game and ban them. If people stand up to this behaviour as it happens they call the police (I've witnessed this during this season). How far are you willing to take it? An arrest, prosecution and police record? Not for me I'm afraid.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They don't have to throw all 500 out. They just pick them off game by game and ban them. If people stand up to this behaviour as it happens they call the police (I've witnessed this during this season). How far are you willing to take it? An arrest, prosecution and police record? Not for me I'm afraid.

Or arrange a group meeting with the club and discuss what can and can't be done.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I put it to you Tony to take a look at your safety officer, the management of the stewards and his utterly pompous and arrogant treatment of the fans of this and other clubs. Anyone who read Chris Baker's email to the Bognor fans will understand.

The treatment of supporters at the Amex kills the atmosphere. It's really quite simple.

This 100%.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Or arrange a group meeting with the club and discuss what can and can't be done.

And feel the full force of their arrogance? I'm a little tired of it to be honest after the pointless battles I've had over the close season. Much sympathy and support from supporters groups but ultimately you realise that football clubs can do whatever they want and make up whatever rules they fancy. Try looking for club rules on exclusions, reasons for exclusions and durations of bans. They just make it up as they go along. My complaint over the treatment I received resulted in a completely over the top three match ban being extended to a ten game ban and thinly veiled threats of further sanction. Lies, threats and more lies followed.

There's a really bad atmosphere and attitude within the club with regard to supporters. Customers? Hardly, customers are always right aren't they? They simply don't care about supporters who don't fit their ideal. The attitude seems to be that there are others to fill the gap if you don't tow the line.

I love this club, it's part of me and I feel intrinsically linked to it. That's been severely put to the test recently. I'm sad to say that I enjoyed being a Brighton supporter far more when we were truly shit. That is purely down to the appalling way in which I've been treated and it's not just me, and it won't just be me. I've come really close to jacking my 4 season tickets in and may still do so next season. The only thing stopping me at present is a strong feeling that I won't let tossers employed by the club force me out.

For them to challenge supporters to improve the atmosphere with the backdrop I'm aware of and have experienced is a bit of a wind up to be honest. Tony Bloom may be unaware but Paul Barber is and seems happy to ignore it.

I would strongly advise anyone to think again if they are planning to challenge what the stewards are directed to do.

What's needed is a change in attitude of the clubs employees and this needs to come from the top. Unfortunately no one is interested enough to make the change. perhaps falling season ticket sales and attendances may make the penny drop.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does mean that some of you that have time to work as a group to actually do something, we as a club will do whatever we can to assist
Then give us safe standing!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Sorry that doesn't wash with me, its just making excuses.

If 50, 100 or a few hundred people get on their feet together and more people follow suit then simply there's very little the stewards can do, thats why so many clubs get a way with it....you csnt kick that many people out.

Until there's a will for fans to get together and do something about it the atmsophere for all but a handful of games will be poor, people can blame sitting, the club, rupert murdoch, happy clapping fans or the fairy god mother all they like but the reality is its down to the fans!!

Sorry but it doesn't work like that. When a reasonable group stand, too many for the stewards to tackle, they stand next to us looking at faces while pictures are taken of the offenders. Over the course of the following few weeks people are 'spoken to and warned'. It's pathetic, doesn't happen anywhere else and kills the atmosphere.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree with TB, and I think he is right to put this ball in the fans' court.

I remember starting a thread before the Amex opened about where we wanted to be on the scale of, say, Millwall howling at every opposition player and the referee at one end, and total silence at the other. And I also remember being quite surprised that the majority were definitely in favour of enjoying the padded seats and the catering, and weren't that fussed about making the stadium intimidating for visiting teams.

If motivation is needed, surely the fact that Palace fans are miles ahead of us on this at the moment should be enough, a trend that needs reversing. It's been like that for three years now. It wasn't always like that as we know, and hopefully it won't be again, but right now they are making a right din at home and we often don't. It does lift the players and in a tight division where any extra edge helps, it could make a difference with late equalisers/winners.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
a good start and a welcome return would be everyone and i mean everyone in the stadium(he says with rose tinted specs) belting out SEAGULLS everytime we get a corner.

a very unique Albion thing,sadly lost to antiquity which made my hairs stand on end when done well.

What he says :thumbsup:

Do you think some will need the words on the screen? :whistle:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have to agree with TB, and I think he is right to put this ball in the fans' court.

I remember starting a thread before the Amex opened about where we wanted to be on the scale of, say, Millwall howling at every opposition player and the referee at one end, and total silence at the other. And I also remember being quite surprised that the majority were definitely in favour of enjoying the padded seats and the catering, and weren't that fussed about making the stadium intimidating for visiting teams.

If motivation is needed, surely the fact that Palace fans are miles ahead of us on this at the moment should be enough, a trend that needs reversing. It's been like that for three years now. It wasn't always like that as we know, and hopefully it won't be again, but right now they are making a right din at home and we often don't. It does lift the players and in a tight division where any extra edge helps, it could make a difference with late equalisers/winners.

We need our own way .

What palace do works for them , we did try and copy but it was a massive flop .

I'm not sure the answer but going the ultra route failed for us .

Drum could work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here