Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
View attachment 76674.
Sky claiming we are keen to get him back..

I'm sure we are, Chris Hughton spoke at an event I was at and he specifically said that we'd be interested in taking Wilson again for the following season whatever league we were in. He said this before the Derby game at the Amex, I believe he would re-sign Wilson if he could and I'd then think we'd have three very strong strikers to go into the season with, plus the luckiest man in the squad to still be here, and with Hambo knocking the door in case we pick up any injuries. I'm all for Wilson coming back.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I left off a key part of that story. He didn't travel on their pre-season tour as he is being put on an intensive fitness regime rather than the suggestion that it was because he had no future at United.

He could be brilliant for us this season if he gets his fitness levels up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Presumably he wasn't allowed to go to China in case he infected them all with his KILLER VIRUS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I left off a key part of that story. He didn't travel on their pre-season tour as he is being put on an intensive fitness regime rather than the suggestion that it was because he had no future at United.

He could be brilliant for us this season if he gets his fitness levels up.

He's 20 FFS

How can he NOT be naturally fit, as a 20 year old footballer ?? This is what worries me about him. The whole mystery virus that was the perpetual excuse for his general shitness after he showed us his breakfast at the Wolves game, and now he's on an "intensive fitness regime" ? Really ?

Sorry. He's not for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My fear is that he's suddenly going to come good with someone else in this division.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The boy will turn into a man next season. Let it be with us.

Thi.

Hopefully a bit like Harrry Kane, dithered about until this b@alls dropped and he grew some so turned out a half decent player.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He's 20 FFS

How can he NOT be naturally fit, as a 20 year old footballer ?? This is what worries me about him. The whole mystery virus that was the perpetual excuse for his general shitness after he showed us his breakfast at the Wolves game, and now he's on an "intensive fitness regime" ? Really ?

Sorry. He's not for me.

Agree with this his fitness levels in games last season was embarrassing at times. I am not a fan he seemed to hide in games and whilst fairly clinical in front of goal did not really offer anything else on the pitch or track back and work like our other strikers.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I think I would be a good deal for us if we could get him back. I think him and Murray would link well, and another season playing in the Championship would be good for him as well.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
If he could fulfill his potential i think he is exactly the sort of player we need. Big if though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt he has talent but if he wasn't ill for most of his time here his work rate and ground covered was absolute shit.

In fact if Zamora had remained fit, once Baldock recovered from his mid season injury, I doubt Wilson would have got much game time at all. Baldock may not be as skilful or as good a goalscorer but his all round effort and contribution to the team was much better than Wilsons.

As others have said, maybe if we bought Wilson we may see a step up in all round effort.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He could learn alot from an "old" head like Murray. Its a shame he didn't get a chance to partner BZ more. I say lets get him back for a year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't want to have both Wilson and Baldock in our set of 4 strikers, so if we bring in Wilson we could also do with upgrading Baldock.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Wilson is a straight upgrade on Baldock.

Not sure I can agree on that, yes he is better in front of goal and quicker but tbh Wilson offers absolutely nothing in build up play or for the team. Baldock runs the channels fantastically and on many occasions last season caused constant issues, just needs the goals to go with this work rate

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Baldock and Wilson could be a perfect job share, providing Wilson was willing to work as hard as Sam.

Chris Hughton likes to take Baldock off after 60 minutes, once he has run himself into the ground.

A fit and healthy Wilson would be ideal to rip into a tiring defence for the final half hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here