Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else sit near idiots at the Amex?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
In really tense moments, say a corner kick to the opposition in the last minute, when everyone around me is losing their shit, I like to break the tension with random questions.

"If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life, what would it be?".

I'm amazed I haven't seen me on this list yet.

---Carrot---

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's a bloke a couple of rows behind me in ESU who turns up about once every 3 games (I think he shares his season ticket) and literally SHRIEKS all game.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
*cough* My brother-in-law and nephew *cough * They are far too polite / no singing/ well played opposition comments I mean what's that all about ?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
There's some bloke at the back of N1H who often shouts "SEC-OND BAAAAAAAALL..." incredibly loudly when there's an aerial challenge.

Presumably he thinks this is a 'proper' coaching phrase and therefore makes him look good. Even if players did hear shouts from the stands, it's unlikely that trying to win the second ball hadn't actually occurred to them already.

I find it annoying.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's some bloke at the back of N1H who often shouts "SEC-OND BAAAAAAAALL..." incredibly loudly when there's an aerial challenge.

Presumably he thinks this is a 'proper' coaching phrase and therefore makes him look good. Even if players did hear shouts from the stands, it's unlikely that trying to win the second ball hadn't actually occurred to them already.

I find it annoying.

:lolol:

I'm at the back of the WSU (so it's not me) but I do tend to say "seconds" if there's a chance of us winning a loose ball. I had a coach who did it all the time when I was playing and I somehow picked up the habit. I know they can't hear me, I know it's not going to help, I know it's annoying but it's a reflex action, honest!

Actually, between me doing that and my son with his "OFF OFF" every time there's a poor challenge on one of our players maybe we're the idiots in our section.

Lush

Mods' Pet
There's better managers than that who didn't play professionally, but that's not really the point. It's more the ridiculous notion that Knockheart is going to hear me bellow "GIVE IT TO BRUNO" and think. "Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought of that, I'll play it straight to him". It's an odd concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worse than that, I POINT to where I think the pass should go :blush:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
There's a guy in N1F near me who calls every opposition player a c*nt at the top of his voice giving them the fingers and all sorts.

1. there's no need
2. they can't even hear you
Phew that was close but still not me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There's better managers than that who didn't play professionally, but that's not really the point. It's more the ridiculous notion that Knockheart is going to hear me bellow "GIVE IT TO BRUNO" and think. "Great suggestion, I wouldn't have thought of that, I'll play it straight to him". It's an odd concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough a few years ago at Blackpool I think it was I shouted at Jake Robinson to look behind and track their winger at which point he did exactly that. I was sat quite close so like to think it was my coaching that prevented the cross and possible goal!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I show myself up on a regular basis at every game.
Luckily everyone around me in East Upper forgives my many outbursts :moo:

Although I do find myself sitting on my own now and again :ohmy:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If drink has been taken then people around my vicinity will probably assume I am a bit of a nob. Embarrassed myself with early use of the C word to the ref on one occasion, still cringe thinking about the looks I got.

At the end of the day smudge it's a football match, as long as you're not in the family section .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Me and Tackle junior went to a Tranmere Rovers vs Huddersfield game in the early 90s. Some old bloke next to us muttered 'Come on Rovers, come on' about 100 times. It is now a sort of family catch phrase.....

How's it going with tackle junior ? All good ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here