Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else sit near idiots at the Amex?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I sat somewhere else against Norwich game in West upper. Bloke right behind me moaned the whole game and must not of enjoyed the game at all. After the 4th goal i was jumping around generally going mental like most do, only for him to moan at me about that. I made sure i went even more mental after the 5th went in. I swear some "fans" actually want us to fail so they can just have a moan up. If you cant enjoy a 5-0 win against a top team what can you enjoy?
How the f*ck could he moan about that game :facepalm:

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Guinness Boy - I do get that - an almost involuntary shout, just out of habit. But this bloke absolutely BELLOWS it for about ten seconds. It's a bit "look at me".

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There's a bloke Four or five rows in front of us in the south east lower family section who stands up and faces the away fans and rubs his fists In his eyes as if wiping away tears whenever we score/something goes wrong for the opposition , there are other things he does as well , he is a grown man at least in his late 30s , me and my kids find his bellend behaviour hugely entertaining and piss ourselves laughing at him .

el punal

I don't know if anyone remembered the guy who used to stand level to the half way line in the east stand at the Goldstone.

Every now and again he would shout CMON !! in a very loud voice. That was all his input was. I found it quite bizarre.

I don't know whether it's the same bloke, but there was this chap also in the same area of the East terrace who had the biggest feet ever. I swear he wore size 15 shoes (clodhoppers). Anyway, every ten minutes or so he would bellow - " Ay! Ay! Whop it up 'em! ". The most sound coaching advice ever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's a bloke in the front row (or maybe 2nd), WSL who gets ABSOLUTELY LIVID if we're not playing well, the ref makes a questionable decision etc. Not just a bit angry, but proper purple-faced rage...........about 20 times a game. To be fair, he has calmed down very slightly since JFC left, whom he must have had a pathological hatred of given how vitriolic his abuse used to get.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Characters that do odd/silly/embarrassing things at football are one of the many contributing factors to what makes football football. I hope it never ends.

There was a time when I was a total nightmare. Usually way too pissed and happy to spit as much vitriol in the direction of the away team and fans as I could in as creative expletives I could think of. If you had posted this thread 8-10 years ago I am 99% someone would have mentioned me.

Different story these days. I have been pacified :cry:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Is he up near the north end of WSL. And does he have a mate of simliar age (60's?)?
If so I did have a run in with him when he was hurling abuse at JFC while warming up. What is the point of telling a Brighton player (loud enough and close enough that he can certainly hear) that he is sh*t and a w*nker, just before he goes on? JFC was struggling at the time, but this really wasn't going to help!

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe the fans that get wound up by other fans saying stuff, should get their frustration and hidden aggression out and be vocally supporting the lads, rather than siting on their hands.

Isn't going to a football match all about having a bit of a shout.:shrug:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The ones that annoy me are the ones who have paid to be there , made the effort to come yet show no interest whatsoever in the game - and noisily do their own thing. I recall the guy who , during an absorbing match took a long mobile phone calll & had a long loud conversation about something else .... at that Preston game two blokes near me spent the whole time chatting & laughing about who-knows-what ...... They were so late back at half time they missed Baldock's goal and of course they left early.

Why bother coming , just to annoy the rest of us .......:dunce:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Is he up near the north end of WSL. And does he have a mate of simliar age (60's?)?
If so I did have a run in with him when he was hurling abuse at JFC while warming up. What is the point of telling a Brighton player (loud enough and close enough that he can certainly hear) that he is sh*t and a w*nker, just before he goes on? JFC was struggling at the time, but this really wasn't going to help!

Failed to quote - I was referring to this post:

There's a bloke in the front row (or maybe 2nd), WSL who gets ABSOLUTELY LIVID if we're not playing well, the ref makes a questionable decision etc. Not just a bit angry, but proper purple-faced rage...........about 20 times a game. To be fair, he has calmed down very slightly since JFC left, whom he must have had a pathological hatred of given how vitriolic his abuse used to get.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The ones that annoy me are the ones who have paid to be there , made the effort to come yet show no interest whatsoever in the game - and noisily do their own thing. I recall the guy who , during an absorbing match took a long mobile phone calll & had a long loud conversation about something else .... at that Preston game two blokes near me spent the whole time chatting & laughing about who-knows-what ...... They were so late back at half time they missed Baldock's goal and of course they left early.

Why bother coming , just to annoy the rest of us .......:dunce:
You can chat and watch the game at the same time ......

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm generally okay - few idiots but nothing that greatly bothers me.

It's after the game in the queue for the park and ride that the idiots annoy me. They don't understand the concept of a queue and will just wonder down the outside pushing as far up as they possibly can. Morons.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm generally okay - few idiots but nothing that greatly bothers me.

It's after the game in the queue for the park and ride that the idiots annoy me. They don't understand the concept of a queue and will just wonder down the outside pushing as far up as they possibly can. Morons.

The Brighton Cottager will be there Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here