Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha... cheat

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You expect him to play ?
Oh yes. He'll be playing in the big one. Up front with new signings Lord Lucan and the Archangel Gabriel...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're wrong, Hazard was the most fouled player in the PL last season, with 67 fouls against him, Zaha had 65 against him, although the stats don't say which ones were dives:lolol:

Do you ever think Hazard goes down like Zaha? I prefer to think EH likes to stay on hs feet, and I'd bet you're last dollar Hazard gets fouled outside the box.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You couldn't be more wrong. Regardless of your thoughts on the penalty incident today, Zaha gets seven shades of shite kicked out of him most weeks. Teams specifically assign players to foul him in rotation. Everyone knows that he's our most dangerous player, so they usually just wipe him out before he gets anywhere near the box. Zaha was the most fouled player in the league last season for a reason. He is exceptionally good at twisting and turning quickly which is a nightmare for defenders.

You're wrong, Eden Hazard was the most fouled player in the PL last season with 67 fouls against him, Zaha had 65 against him, but the stats don't say how many were in Wilfs imagination

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’d have him in the side. The bloke is keeping palace alive on his jack jones. We have glen “Jaques Cousteau” Murray in our ranks remember.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’d have him in the side. The bloke is keeping palace alive on his jack jones. We have glen “Jaques Cousteau” Murray in our ranks remember.

Let's hope some manager in the top six thinks he's worth 10 dives a season and takes him off the scum.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Let's hope some manager in the top six thinks he's worth 10 dives a season and takes him off the scum.

I keep thinking that. Whatever we think of the cheating Duane Dibley Tithead he has is very talented. He doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of big move rumours that he should. Thanks obviously to his alleged rutting with Moyes daughter at Manchester United that sank his money boat.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I keep thinking that. Whatever we think of the cheating Duane Dibley Tithead he has is very talented. He doesn’t get anywhere near the amount of big move rumours that he should. Thanks obviously to his alleged rutting with Moyes daughter at Manchester United that sank his money boat.

Watch the Palace scum moan when he's diving for a new team.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A bit unfair seeing as it's over 40 years ago and all the instances blur into one, but I'll give you one example as we all laughed about it when it happened: it was against Mansfield Town in 1977/78. We won 5-1, one of those was a penalty where Ward went down as if he'd been shot. BG is quite correct, Ward did have a reputation for being, how can I put this delicately, a diving cheat who used to con refs. We all thought it was great.

The flip side of course was there were times when he genuinely was pole-axed and the refs, mindful of his reputation, didn't give anything.

I'm sure there used to be a chant at the goldstone of "he's in the box ! and down he goes" for wardy

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So you are basically calling Ward a diver?

I said that i remember in the 70's at the Goldstone there was a chant that went "he's in the box ! and down he goes"
I never made it / invented it. I just said i remember as a young lad that there was a chant that was sung.
I took it that it was reference to that he was too quick for the defenders and the only way to stop him was to bring him down.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I said that i remember in the 70's at the Goldstone there was a chant that went "he's in the box ! and down he goes"
I never made it / invented it. I just said i remember as a young lad that there was a chant that was sung.
I took it that it was reference to that he was too quick for the defenders and the only way to stop him what to bring him down.

I have to say, and having going since 1973 I do not remember that chant at all.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Because we see it time and time again: football fans are largely incapable of judging without bias.

It's why nearly all Albion fans thought Dale Stephens should not have been sent off, but nearly everyone else though a red was right.

It's why nearly all Albion fans thought Hemed was treated unjustly, but a fair percentage of other fans thought it as the right decision.

No. No, I can't see that. You're talking bollocks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. No, I can't see that. You're talking bollocks.

So you think that if you polled three groups of people:

- Albion fans
- Palace fans
- Other football fans

...on whether it was a penalty or not, you’d get the same result from each group?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn’t score from the penalty so did not get an advantage so no retrospective action
What? Having a penalty is an advantage, due to his action, regardless of what happens later. Next you'll be saying 'got a penalty and scored, but went on to lose, so no advantage' etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here