Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So, choose to find an excuse. Pretend you have something vital to do on a Monday night in early January. Pretend you can't find £25 down the back of the sofa. Pretend the FACup means nothing to you. Pretend the Park and Ride isn't running (it is). Pretend the rivalry means little to you.

But, FFS, don't pretend you are a Brighton fan.

PG.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Top bombing Grummit, you're seriously channelling your inner Mark Renton there:

Choose missing the Palace game. Choose staying at home. Choose watching it on TV. Choose avoiding not getting home until 2am. Choose a fvcking big television to watch it on, Choose a washing machine to wash my wet bed sheets in, half and half scarves, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fvcking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fvck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fvcking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fvcked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose missing the Palace FA Cup game . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose to GO TO the Palace game. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you're a true BHA fan?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't understand why anyone would want to miss games against Palce. Surely it's what it's all about?

Suppose these days people prefer clapping away fans and buying half n half scarves :facepalm:

In fairness to fans, it’s the clubs that killed the FA Cup etc

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
2005 under Maghee. We were terrible. Palace miles above us in the League. The last time, we'd been hammered 5-0. I'd been kettled with my missus and 2 young lads, not a pleasant experience. But I went, because I'm a Brighton fan. If I hadn't I'd regret it to this day.

So, choose to find an excuse. Pretend you have something vital to do on a Monday night in early January. Pretend you can't find £25 down the back of the sofa. Pretend the FACup means nothing to you. Pretend the Park and Ride isn't running (it is). Pretend the rivalry means little to you.

But, FFS, don't pretend you are a Brighton fan.

PG.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When the FA Cup starts meaning something to the club again maybe some fans will be more interested, I've already mentioned last seasons shower of shite against Lincoln.

When games are on a Saturday like most other cup games, maybe more will be interested.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When the FA Cup starts meaning something to the club again maybe some fans will be more interested, I've already mentioned last seasons shower of shite against Lincoln.

When games are on a Saturday like most other cup games, maybe more will be interested.

Part of the excitement used to centre around your team getting the chance to play somebody you'd never get the chance to otherwise. Lower league teams getting a Man United, Arsenal etc. When you drew a team from your own level, it was always a bit "meh", wasn't it?

Being in the PL means drawing a United is no longer the thrill that it once was, and any team outside the top six is basically the equivalent to drawing Sheffield Wednesday, Burton or Walsall at home, isn't it? The fact it's Palace means there will probably be more on the gate than there would be for any other mediocre Premier League contemporary. If it was West Brom, Burnley or Leicester at home, the crowd would be lower still.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Got my tickets as soon as available don't want anyone else in my seat.
Let's not have empty seats doesn't look good on TV

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I notice you skipped over the "reserves" which must be the main reason. For those of us who are not local putting in a heap of effort to watch two reserve sides is no turn-on. Now that clubs don't care about the Cup I can see why fans don't care too.

This. This. Oh and this again. Not rocket science, easy to understand and quite reasonable IMO.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Part of the excitement used to centre around your team getting the chance to play somebody you'd never get the chance to otherwise. Lower league teams getting a Man United, Arsenal etc. When you drew a team from your own level, it was always a bit "meh", wasn't it?

Being in the PL means drawing a United is no longer the thrill that it once was, and any team outside the top six is basically the equivalent to drawing Sheffield Wednesday, Burton or Walsall at home, isn't it? The fact it's Palace means there will probably be more on the gate than there would be for any other mediocre Premier League contemporary. If it was West Brom, Burnley or Leicester at home, the crowd would be lower still.

Agree with this, I was thinking earlier we wouldn't have all this high horse posting if we were playing any of the teams you have mentioned at the end of your post.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I reckon had we drawn Man Utd or similar then the pony entrance fee and the cool Monday evening might have been a slightly lesser concern.

Of course it would, all the Utd fans masquerading as Brighton would be there for starters.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Some right old nonsense in this post. For one thing, we reached the Cup Final in 83 when in the top flight. Didn't stop 'cup fever' hitting the town did it? Even the early rounds against Newcastle and Man City (then an average side ) had good gates. And to say watching any Premier League team outside the top six is like watching Burton is ridiculous. Of course it isn't.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I’ve sung “going up to win the cup” for 30 years, don’t like this new “stand or fall” nonsense.

Hope you were singing "going up AND we'll win the cup" before that. It was only changed to "to win the cup" for the 83 final. The previous version was better imho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's money/sky that's killed the FA Cup.

No it was sair aleeex, when he sent his team to play in some ladyboy tournament for canadian television instead of a round 3 FAC game some years ago. The red nosed anglophobe tit.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Well if things turn out as it appears and we only get around a 20,000 ish attendance then it really does put our rivalry with with Palace in a different light.
I was straight online the second I could buy my season ticket seat for this game. I genuinely thought it would be big, playing our rivals in the cup 3rd round.
But what do I know? I guess it really is an honest gauge of just how far the fa cup's status has fallen, mixed with a few other factors for sure.
I'm surprised and a bit sad about it as it will show our rivalry to be something a bit 2nd or 3rd class compared to the likes of others I could mention. But then maybe it always was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some right old nonsense in this post. For one thing, we reached the Cup Final in 83 when in the top flight. Didn't stop 'cup fever' hitting the town did it? Even the early rounds against Newcastle and Man City (then an average side ) had good gates. And to say watching any Premier League team outside the top six is like watching Burton is ridiculous. Of course it isn't.

Different era, football is now a million miles away from those days.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm a bronze member and want to buy 2 tickets for me and a friend who wants to go to her first game. Computer says no. I can only get one, just added her as a Assigned Owner but still no joy FFS. Just want to support the team and bring a new face along. Gutted.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't understand most of this. My ticket has already uploaded or some such thing.

I not sure if I'll go. Probably, but as Gus Poyet used to say to me "I have options - options"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here