Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Would love to go but its the first Monday in January and its on TV - at £25 a ticket with food , transport and drink its a £40 night out after Christmas - top that with the fact I have BT sport , the violence from the last game etc etc etc .

Its such a shame it wasnt planned in for the Sunday - poor decision

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great posts all of them. Depressing how out of touch with the normal Brighton fan so many of the posters on NSC have become. Nice to know some sanity remains.
I am a normal Brighton fan and a poster on NSC.

I have spent my life hating Palace and loving every bit of that part of supporting the Albion.

My initial instinct about this FA Cup game v. Palace was that it would likely be a bit shit - two reserve teams playing for managers who would prefer to lose the game than draw it.

I am very happy that plenty of people will approach the game in a different way - full on Brighton/Palace rivalry passion for some - but not surprised by those who share my feelings about it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great posts all of them. Depressing how out of touch with the normal Brighton fan so many of the posters on NSC have become. Nice to know some sanity remains.
Yep, people are wetting themselves trying to defend their decision not to go, guilty conscience..?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Would love to go but its the first Monday in January and its on TV - at £25 a ticket with food , transport and drink its a £40 night out after Christmas - top that with the fact I have BT sport , the violence from the last game etc etc etc .

Its such a shame it wasnt planned in for the Sunday - poor decision

Or a £25 night out if you don't stuff your face.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Recall the 76/77 league game, felt rough as flick but still managed to get to the game and 40 years later I can still recall the cracking atmosphere. Who's going to remember Burnley at home in 40 years?

I'm going to remember Burnley at home from 6 years back til the day I get alzheimers, my daughter was the mascot and we had two men sent off, cracking atmosphere, and in a portent of things to come, Mackail-Smith missed a gilt-edged chance in the last minute.

Hopefully I'll have memories of the Palace cup game, for all the right reasons, for a long time to, if only the Brighton ticket site can be fixed and actually LET ME ON. GRRR, the queue has been paused for an hour now..

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I am a normal Brighton fan and a poster on NSC.

I have spent my life hating Palace and loving every bit of that part of supporting the Albion.

My initial instinct about this FA Cup game v. Palace was that it would likely be a bit shit - two reserve teams playing for managers who would prefer to lose the game than draw it.

I am very happy that plenty of people will approach the game in a different way - full on Brighton/Palace rivalry passion for some - but not surprised by those who share my feelings about it.

Most of the Brighton games I have been too in my life have been a bit shit, two fairly rubbish teams mostly playing for sub-standard managers. Suddenly we're in the Prem and this is a reason not to go!

FA Cup third round weekend will always be special, Brighton-Palace will always be special, and it doesn't matter what the names are on the back of the shirts, there will be 11 Brighton vs 11 Palace and a chance to make legends.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At last! Managed to get on to the system after a three hour queue. I bought four tickets yesterday for me and the children, but had to wait until today to buy the fifth ticket for my daughter's friend (who had a purchase history but not a bronze membership). Thankfully the ticket, which was bang in the middle of our four, was still available.

That was a sweat.....!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At last! Managed to get on to the system after a three hour queue. I bought four tickets yesterday for me and the children, but had to wait until today to buy the fifth ticket for my daughter's friend (who had a purchase history but not a bronze membership). Thankfully the ticket, which was bang in the middle of our four, was still available.

That was a sweat.....!
How many seats are left

At least other people have "reasons" yours and Easy's "I can't be arsed" attitude is what people take umbrage with.

I'm in the "can't be arsed" camp.

And quite frankly I couldn't give a tuppenny fvck if anyone takes umbrage to it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm in the "can't be arsed" camp.

And quite frankly I couldn't give a tuppenny fvck if anyone takes umbrage to it.
Yeah and you're exactly the type of "fan" our club doesn't need.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Most of the Brighton games I have been too in my life have been a bit shit, two fairly rubbish teams mostly playing for sub-standard managers. Suddenly we're in the Prem and this is a reason not to go!
This is a very fair point...!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yeah and you're exactly the type of "fan" our club doesn't need.

Unfair.

I live in London and while of course there are people with further to come - I am putting all the cash I have spare (a blood*y lot btw)
into following the Albion away and at home in the PL. The Cup means nothing to me. The sooner we're out of it
the better our chances of staying up and if anyone takes umbrage at that I couldn't give a tupenny f*ck either.

Unfair.

I live in London and while of course there are people with further to come - I am putting all the cash I have spare (a blood*y lot btw)
into following the Albion away and at home in the PL. The Cup means nothing to me. The sooner we're out of it
the better our chances of staying up and if anyone takes umbrage at that I couldn't give a tupenny f*ck either.
What you going to do if we get relegated? How you going to get your premiere/sky fix then???

Unfair.

What you going to do if we get relegated? How you going to get your premiere/sky fix then???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

That was a sweat.....!

Hey there, where are you going to be in the ground? I was going to take my daughter but her school starts back on the 4th and now they've moved it to the Monday can't do :( So I'm on my ownsome (but thinking of dragging Ferry along !!!! ha!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here