Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Heard some of his ramble on the radio in the car on the way back from work, comparing shipbuilding during WW2 with the " war" on the corona virus which was fully expected to " die out/ disappear like it was never here"!

This despite his hunch that it was a pandemic before the WHO announced it as such. You get what you vote for I suppose.

He’s trying to mirror the charismatic and unifying approach of FDR once the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

At the same time bringing a nationalistic angle with the barbs about the Chinese, one of his aides allegedly nicknaming the disease Kung-Flu. Almost funny, but such comments fuel racism.

He won’t go down in history as a great president, as FDR undoubtedly was.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He’s trying to mirror the charismatic and unifying approach of FDR once the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

At the same time bringing a nationalistic angle with the barbs about the Chinese, one of his aides allegedly nicknaming the disease Kung-Flu. Almost funny, but such comments fuel racism.

He won’t go down in history as a great president, as FDR undoubtedly was.

Still hope that he may learn a little humility the hard way before this is all over......only a very small hope though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
On a lighter note I was listening to his press conference earlier he was trying to explain about sending a Hospital ship up to New York - he said something like " we have a ship , its a big ship its one of those ships that have a red cross on the side !!! I didnt hear the rest as at that point I spat my tea out over the keyboard...... unreal

Was it a " Beautiful big Ship, a perfect big ship " ?:rotlf:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spanish Flu, German Measles, West Nile Virus, Lyme's Disease, MERS, Ebola, Lassa Fever - All named by racists apparently or people who used the origin of the illness.

In 2020 for the ‘leader of the free world’ and :lolol: ‘commander in chief’ to bitch about the Chinese, when people are dying, is small time to say the least.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its interesting that while every president and PM around the world is trying to avoid panic, Trump slips over and over again, "unprecedented death rates", "lots and lots of deaths" etc... best thing with these Trump-people is that is that they cant hide their real thoughts.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
[tweet]1240314981721268225[/tweet]

What possible reason could Trump have for being the only person, on the planet, to call Coronavirus the 'chinese virus'.

Too many syllables in Coronavirus for him.

I saw his press statement and he has the delivery skills of a 7 year old reading their story to the class.

Wasn't Trump a polite word for a fart in the past?

Aptly named then!

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
I just come across Trump’s live press conference on CNN. He was challenged about his repeated use of the term “Chinese Virus”, some Asians in the USA had faced very recent racism.

Typically he dismissed it and wouldn’t let the journalist ask a follow up question.

But he did indicate it was revenge/clarification “because the Chinese had tried to blame the origin of the virus to our brave US servicemen”.

The bloke is nuts, dangerous nuts.

Apart from that, everything is “incredible”, the response of Congress “incredible”, supply chains “incredible”.

It’s worth watching to parody his comedic performance in your mind.

Unfortunately things are not going "incredible" from a person living here and seeing what is happening first hand, he is not doing a good job at all.

He has dismissed how serious this is from day one, only this last week has he been forced to change his tune. There are not enough test kits available any where, you will only be granted a test kit if your fever is above 104 AND you have the cough at the same time where we live. We inquired for a neighbour who is suffering and were told that we could pay privately for a test at a cost of $200.

So, knowing that we are short on many relevant supplies, and the one country that has an abundance of these supplies (China) that could now be in a position to start supplying, he decides that rather than work with them to ease our supply issues, he goes ahead and starts a verbal war with them, pissing China off no end.

Ridiculous leadership.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately things are not going "incredible" from a person living here and seeing what is happening first hand, he is not doing a good job at all.

He has dismissed how serious this is from day one, only this last week has he been forced to change his tune. There are not enough test kits available any where, you will only be granted a test kit if your fever is above 104 AND you have the cough at the same time where we live. We inquired for a neighbour who is suffering and were told that we could pay privately for a test at a cost of $200.

So, knowing that we are short on many relevant supplies, and the one country that has an abundance of these supplies (China) that could now be in a position to start supplying, he decides that rather than work with them to ease our supply issues, he goes ahead and starts a verbal war with them, pissing China off no end.

Ridiculous leadership.

Other than being an obsessive bitch, is he slagging off the Chinese to retain the votes of xenophobes?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Other than being an obsessive bitch, is he slagging off the Chinese to retain the votes of xenophobes?

You talk like slagging off vile oppressive authoritarian nations is a bad thing.

When half your nation is happy to spy and report on the other half it's not a culture to be going into bat for.

Funny how it's offensive for Trump to besmirch China's name but perfectly fine for those who take umbrage with that to shit can Russia openly.

More hypocrisy abound.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You talk like slagging off vile oppressive authoritarian nations is a bad thing.

When half your nation is happy to spy and report on the other half it's not a culture to be going into bat for.

Funny how it's offensive for Trump to besmirch China's name but perfectly fine for those who take umbrage with that to shit can Russia openly.

More hypocrisy abound.

I’ve opposed Putin’s Russia throughout, including their waging of wars, land thefts, international poisoning assasinations, violent homophobia, faux elections.

China’s government is a murderous single party non-democracy.

I thought the USA set high standards, until Trump changed all that.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I’ve opposed Putin’s Russia throughout, including their waging of wars, land thefts, international poisoning assasinations, violent homophobia, faux elections.

China’s government is a murderous single party non-democracy.

I thought the USA set high standards, until Trump changed all that.

Why did you think the US set high standards?

They had a Clinton and a Bush as Presidents. That's setting quite a low standard isn't it?

Trump has actually had far less of a negative impact on the US and world stage compared to those two alone.

That's if you can move past all the bullshit media hysteria and derangement.

He's managed to almost make it full term without invading a foreign nation. That's quite remarkable given his predecessors actions.

I for one hope he does keep up that anti-interventionist mindset and does keep calling out China when no other world leaders have the balls to call out as you say a murderous single party non democracy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why did you think the US set high standards?

They had a Clinton and a Bush as Presidents. That's setting quite a low standard isn't it?

Trump has actually had far less of a negative impact on the US and world stage compared to those two alone.

That's if you can move past all the bullshit media hysteria and derangement.

He's managed to almost make it full term without invading a foreign nation. That's quite remarkable given his predecessors actions.

I for one hope he does keep up that anti-interventionist mindset and does keep calling out China when no other world leaders have the balls to call out as you say a murderous single party non democracy.

For starters, man made climate change and pollution is a big issue to me, always has been. The way he took a huge economy out of the Paris Agreement was devastating news. He really doesn’t give a **** about the future of the planet, endangered wildlife, pollution.

Then sanctioning pipelines and mineral exploitation in and around stunning and rare ecological environments in precious, unspoilt parts of the States. No need to send you a list, its online and well known.

His response to the murder of Heather Heyer by KKK white supremacists in Charlottesville - his immediate message was that “there was blame on both sides”. Is there any low Trump won’t stoop to for a vote?

Take away your blinkered right wing agenda (I’m not a ‘leftie’ by the way). Did Clinton and Bush in effect condone murderous racists?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For starters, man made climate change and pollution is a big issue to me, always has been. The way he took a huge economy out of the Paris Agreement was devastating news. He really doesn’t give a **** about the future of the planet, endangered wildlife, pollution.

Then sanctioning pipelines and mineral exploitation in and around stunning and rare ecological environments in precious, unspoilt parts of the States. No need to send you a list, its online and well known.

His response to the murder of Heather Heyer by KKK white supremacists in Charlottesville - his immediate message was that “there was blame on both sides”. Is there any low Trump won’t stoop to for a vote?

Take away your blinkered right wing agenda (I’m not a ‘leftie’ by the way). Did Clinton and Bush in effect condone murderous racists?

I wouldn't bother arguing with TB, his boy can do no wrong in his eyes. This despite his " The Coronavirus will be gone in a few days/ I knew it would be a pandemic before the WHO called it as such " bollocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't bother arguing with TB, his boy can do no wrong in his eyes. This despite his " The Coronavirus will be gone in a few days/ I knew it would be a pandemic before the WHO called it as such " bollocks.

It’s sad when people don’t care about the planet, wildlife, flora, our heritage for future generations. The believers are either entirely thick and/or 100% money driven, but above all it reveals a callous human being without a soul.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s sad when people don’t care about the planet, wildlife, flora, our heritage for future generations. The believers are either entirely thick and/or 100% money driven, but above all it reveals a callous human being without a soul.

Your last seven words just about sum Trump up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here