Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just had a chat with work colleague who studied history at a Russell group university. Her comments where that:
1. You are an idiot
2. US foreign policy for the last 50 years has been interventionist and the present administration is no better and is in fact worse because they have no policy other than getting involved with anyone and everything. Taking out the IS leader is about as interventionist as you can get.
3. Warmonger he is not.
4. The earth is not flat
5. And that you might consider getting some new tin foil....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well your work colleague is obviously an idiot then. Let's look at what someone who is better qualified than us to make comment on it said, quite possibly the last decent, honest US President.

Former President Jimmy Carter says he welcomes criticism of his foreign policy from Sen. John McCain (R), blasting the veteran Arizona lawmaker as a “warmonger.”

So when a decent man like Carter can see it, it's that obvious and it makes you look like the idiot.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well your work colleague is obviously an idiot then. Let's look at what someone who is better qualified than us to make comment on it said, quite possibly the last decent, honest US President.

So when a decent man like Carter can see it, it's that obvious and it makes you look like the idiot.

Suggest you watch his interview on CBS: this morning 28-08-2018! where jimmy Carter referred to John McCain’s heroism as proven and also added that he admired him as a fellow naval officer, senator and a person. Can’t link it but just search it out. In another interview he was very critical of trumps treatment of John McCain after he died. (MSNBC)

So who’s the idiot .....? Suggest you get a mirror.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Suggest you watch his interview on CBS: this morning 28-08-2018! where jimmy Carter referred to John McCain’s heroism as proven and also added that he admired him as a fellow naval officer, senator and a person. Can’t link it but just search it out. In another interview he was very critical of trumps treatment of John McCain after he died. (MSNBC)

Don’t know what you’re on about. McCain was always “admired” in the American public sphere because of his experiences as a POW but in his later life politically he was definitely a warmonger. I’m not sure why once people get older and die there is a revisionist approach to their crimes and mistakes. Even now George W Bush is increasingly treated like “goofy old grandpa” and not taken to account for all the crimes his administration committed. McCain is glamorized because he was a POW, because he kept parts of the Affordable Care Act alive, and because he died from cancer, but his career as a lawmaker does not look great and he was consistently hawkish.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Don’t know what you’re on about. McCain was always “admired” in the American public sphere because of his experiences as a POW but in his later life politically he was definitely a warmonger. I’m not sure why once people get older and die there is a revisionist approach to their crimes and mistakes. Even now George W Bush is increasingly treated like “goofy old grandpa” and not taken to account for all the crimes his administration committed. McCain is glamorized because he was a POW, because he kept parts of the Affordable Care Act alive, and because he died from cancer, but his career as a lawmaker does not look great and he was consistently hawkish.

He was a republican so by default he’s going to be hawkish. He was certainly hawkish in the mid to late 2000’s but moved more to the centre in later years. Not sure how anyone could class George W. As a “goofy old grandpa”
My issue is more to do with trump calling mcCain a coward during the nominations than anything else. Utterly contemptible!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You're the idiot.

You think it's only Carter that's called him a warmonger?

How about the great mind of Noam Chomsky?

Here's what he said about McCain

DmCv0yMW4AEwCne.jpeg

Don't know why anyone would try and argue against the view that he was nothing more than a warmonger to the core.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Exactly, all the fawning over Bush when he died by both sides of politics showed the farce for what it is.

People who'd previously were attacked and mocked him were all of a sudden praising him and kissing his dead arse.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You're the idiot.

You think it's only Carter that's called him a warmonger?

How about the great mind of Noam Chomsky?

Here's what he said about McCain

View attachment 116746

Don't know why anyone would try and argue against the view that he was nothing more than a warmonger to the core.

Noam Chomsky .....really ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Uuugh.

Why the hell would ANYBODY choose to listen to Farage sucking off Trump?

I'm trying to think of a bigger c**tathon possibility. I honestly think an interview with A Bush conducted by Ronald Reagan would be more interesting.

bush Sr, Jr or just a nice shrubbery would suffice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, I listened and it was a love-in. I am now bleaching my ears. Apparently our NHS is safe, we'll get a terrific trade deal, Corbyn would be so, so bad for us, Farridge should partner up with Johnson and Trump's impeachment is #FakeNews.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.realclearinvestigations...biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html

For a town that leaks like a sieve, Washington has done an astonishingly effective job keeping from the American public the name of the anonymous “whistleblower" who triggered impeachment proceedings against President Trump — even though his identity is an open secret inside the Beltway.

More than two months after the official filed his complaint, pretty much all that’s known publicly about him is that he is a CIA analyst who at one point was detailed to the White House and is now back working at the CIA

But the name of a government official fitting that description — Eric Ciaramella — has been raised privately in impeachment depositions, according to officials with direct knowledge of the proceedings, as well as in at least one open hearing held by a House committee not involved in the impeachment inquiry. Fearing their anonymous witness could be exposed, Democrats this week blocked Republicans from asking more questions about him and intend to redact his name from all deposition transcripts.

documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.
Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

“He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Also, Ciaramella huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC. Schiff is the lead prosecutor in the impeachment inquiry.

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.

With Ciaramella’s name long under wraps, interest in the intelligence analyst is so high that a handful of former colleagues have compiled a roughly 40-page research dossier on him. A classified version of the document is circulating on Capitol Hill, and briefings have been conducted based on it. One briefed Republican has been planning to unmask the whistleblower in a speech on the House floor.

Everyone knows who he is. CNN knows. The Washington Post knows. The New York Times knows. Congress knows. The White House knows. Even the president knows who he is,” said Fred Fleitz, a former CIA analyst and national security adviser to Trump, who has fielded dozens of calls from the media.

Yet a rare hush has swept across the Potomac. The usually gossipy nation’s capital remains uncharacteristically — and curiously — mum, especially considering the magnitude of this story, only the fourth presidential impeachment inquiry in U.S. history.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
https://www.realclearinvestigations...biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html

For a town that leaks like a sieve, Washington has done an astonishingly effective job keeping from the American public the name of the anonymous “whistleblower" who triggered impeachment proceedings against President Trump — even though his identity is an open secret inside the Beltway.

More than two months after the official filed his complaint, pretty much all that’s known publicly about him is that he is a CIA analyst who at one point was detailed to the White House and is now back working at the CIA

But the name of a government official fitting that description — Eric Ciaramella — has been raised privately in impeachment depositions, according to officials with direct knowledge of the proceedings, as well as in at least one open hearing held by a House committee not involved in the impeachment inquiry. Fearing their anonymous witness could be exposed, Democrats this week blocked Republicans from asking more questions about him and intend to redact his name from all deposition transcripts.

documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.
Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

“He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Also, Ciaramella huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC. Schiff is the lead prosecutor in the impeachment inquiry.

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.

With Ciaramella’s name long under wraps, interest in the intelligence analyst is so high that a handful of former colleagues have compiled a roughly 40-page research dossier on him. A classified version of the document is circulating on Capitol Hill, and briefings have been conducted based on it. One briefed Republican has been planning to unmask the whistleblower in a speech on the House floor.

Everyone knows who he is. CNN knows. The Washington Post knows. The New York Times knows. Congress knows. The White House knows. Even the president knows who he is,” said Fred Fleitz, a former CIA analyst and national security adviser to Trump, who has fielded dozens of calls from the media.

Yet a rare hush has swept across the Potomac. The usually gossipy nation’s capital remains uncharacteristically — and curiously — mum, especially considering the magnitude of this story, only the fourth presidential impeachment inquiry in U.S. history.

All very interesting or not. I'd rather the White House released the full transcript of the call rather than the Trump version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here