Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You utter clown.
Dont feel ive lost at all, and i dont do outrage, it doesnt exist.

Tories have the most seats, labour lose again and a distant second, second referendumers blown out of the political water and leaving The Eu is safe and secure.
Happy days.

Same old guff from you. Only a fool like you could see victory in this. And make no mistake, you are a fool.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your the one wholikes serving up insults without even a hint of reason why, it really doesn't get any sadder than that. BTW, that last sentence contained and insult and reason.

I've read that post several times and I cannot make any sense of it. Sorry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What I suspect will happen is that the DUP will vote with the Cons, but make them water down some of their policies.

The DUP aren't watered down Tories, the other way if anything!

The reason any deal with the DUP is slightly unpalatable, is the Tories don't have an outright majority because of the voting to the left. Doing a deal with a party further to the right is therefore not a coalition of strength in that it doesn't lean in the direction of the rest of the house.

In 2010, a coalition with the Libs, was a move to the left for the Tories, so that made democratic sense.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
So many MPs saying May should carry on. They're getting ready to boot her out then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I struggle to see any other way out of this pickle right now though. What do you think?

Looking at it the morning after it's a mess tbh. Have to blame May's manifesto tbh as it's created a disaster. Made them lose a number of marginal seats in my opinion. Some bad ideas in there which cost to many votes and played into labour hands to allow them to say all the stuff they were giving away. (Yet to e convinced they could actually deliver half of it as there is clearly a massive gap in where the money is from)
only realistic way forward with those results would be Conservatives with DUP assisting them. But on predicted results that leaves an overall majority of 3.
Although Labour has made gains there is no realistic way of getting a majority in there. He would need basically all other parties to have a tiny majority as well but that's unlikely to happen.
Leaves us in a worse mess than when we started. 11 days till Brexit discussions start god help us all.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Same old guff from you. Only a fool like you could see victory in this. And make no mistake, you are a fool.

thats because im a winner and a positive person.
same old correct guff yes......we are still leaving the EU though and you hate that.......loving my victories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The really remarkable result is in Canterbury. Labour overturned a 10K majority to take the seat, which has been Tory for over 100 years.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Any tory voter who claims a victory today is completely delusional. May could have been Prime Minister comfortably until 2020 without this general election. Now she finds herself with a minority government - daft bint!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
thats because im a winner and a positive person.
same old correct guff yes......we are still leaving the EU though and you hate that.......loving my victories.

You will soon see, as will your children and theirs, Brexit is no victory. If it happens. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage in the game.

Viva la EU!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any tory voter who claims a victory today is completely delusional. May could have been Prime Minister comfortably until 2020 without this general election. Now she finds herself with a minority government - daft bint!

I agree, but it's hardly a victory for Labour, or any party to be honest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The DUP aren't watered down Tories, the other way if anything!

The reason any deal with the DUP is slightly unpalatable, is the Tories don't have an outright majority because of the voting to the left. Doing a deal with a party further to the right is therefore not a coalition of strength in that it doesn't lean in the direction of the rest of the house.

In 2010, a coalition with the Libs, was a move to the left for the Tories, so that made democratic sense.
Democratic sense is to have a coalition (or at least agreement) with over half of the seats. I understand your point about the Tories joining the Lib Dems to the left, but that doesn't look like an option this time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fast forward 9 days and the scene in Brussels:
Mrs May "Shall we get started then?"
Herr Junker "Oh, we were expecting someone else. Are you sure you'll be here for the duration?"

Whoever you voted for, this is a rubbish day for us the minions on the eve of Brexit talks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here