Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Face it, we're giving the Irish a free lunch.

EU students’ applications to Irish universities have more tripled since Brexit

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I sense that Brexiteers are grabbing at straws. Current methods of defending Brexit:

1. Holding evidence of investment aloft that cannot actually be proven to be a Brexit dividend, because it might have happened anyway.
2. Moving the goalposts. See Grant Schapps response in post #125,581. He accepts the short term consequences (he can't avoid them), but theorises that the benefits of Brexit will be along at some unspecified point in the future, when he will either have been voted out, or retired, and won't care.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I sense that Brexiteers are grabbing at straws. Current methods of defending Brexit:

1. Holding evidence of investment aloft that cannot actually be proven to be a Brexit dividend, because it might have happened anyway.
2. Moving the goalposts. See Grant Schapps response in post #125,581. He accepts the short term consequences (he can't avoid them), but theorises that the benefits of Brexit will be along at some unspecified point in the future, when he will either have been voted out, or retired, and won't care.
Or it was NEVER about economic prospects

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for posting that graphic showing Channel boat crossings did begin to rise significantly when we were operating under the Dublin agreement still in the EU (we left in 2020). Gangs divert the flow of migrants to where most profit can be made *shock*.

tumblr_mk7889Em1I1s02vreo1_400.gif

I hope you enjoyed your dinner. :bigwave:

sorry mate

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
explain what you mean by the term radicalised

Generally, it refers to people who spend far too much of their spare time (we are talking years now) regurgitating tweets, posts, and links from their #FBPE social media echo chamber/James O'Brien /Guardian/Independent, etc as they appear completely incapable of making any original or intelligent points themselves. When challenged they usually start mentioning multi accounts or divert to a completely different topic ... in other words, the last few pages on this thread repeated ad nauseam.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Generally, it refers to people who spend far too much of their spare time (we are talking years now) regurgitating tweets, posts, and links from their #FBPE social media echo chamber/James O'Brien /Guardian/Independent, etc as they appear completely incapable of making any original or intelligent points themselves. When challenged they usually start mentioning multi accounts or divert to a completely different topic ... in other words, the last few pages on this thread repeated ad nauseam.
Since you're back and in the interests of moving forward and getting Brexit done, as an ardent Unionist and campaigner for Johnson's border in the Irish sea, what do you think the Government should do to resolve the unimplementable Northern Ireland Protocol ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
so you're implying that you have NOT been mugged off by the conservative party BREXIT CULT?

and you haven't been radicalised on the internet??

when do you think we will be back in the single market?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since you're back and in the interests of moving forward and getting Brexit done, as an ardent Unionist and campaigner for Johnson's border in the Irish sea, what do you think the Government should do to resolve the unimplementable Northern Ireland Protocol ?
Talking of Unionists, the DUP lost their case in the Supreme Court.
The Northern Ireland Protocol is lawful.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Talking of Unionists, the DUP lost their case in the Supreme Court.
The Northern Ireland Protocol is lawful.
Could you imagine being a Unionist and voting for Brexit and the Northern Ireland protocol without any idea of what it meant :facepalm:

Just like being in the fishing or agriculture industry or some dying town all getting EU grants and voting for Brexit :facepalm::facepalm:

Or hating immigrants crossing the channel in boats and voting for Brexit and the Boris Brexit Cabal to manage our borders for the next 5 years :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Just when you think there has to be a point where the penny drops for even the most 'challenged', it appears otherwise :dunce:

I know I shouldn't but what else can you do other than :lolol:

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Pre-Brexit the Italian company I work for had 1,000 employees in the UK. Post-Brexit operations in the UK have been run down and now there are only 100 people employed here, and I am being made redundant at the end of 2023. We had a "Town Hall" meeting yesterday with our Italian global boss who pulled no punches and stated unequivocally that he only wants to operate in EU countries where he knows exactly the level playing field he is operating in. UK left the EU, he's taken his business out of the UK.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Pre-Brexit the Italian company I work for had 1,000 employees in the UK. Post-Brexit operations in the UK have been run down and now there are only 100 people employed here, and I am being made redundant at the end of 2023. We had a "Town Hall" meeting yesterday with our Italian global boss who pulled no punches and stated unequivocally that he only wants to operate in EU countries where he knows exactly the level playing field he is operating in. UK left the EU, he's taken his business out of the UK.
Genuinely sorry to hear that. I do sometimes get frustrated and laugh at people who keep insisting on punching themselves in the face despite all evidence to the contrary, but sometimes we need to be reminded that there are huge numbers of people, like yourself that really don't deserve this. I really hope you get what you deserve.

And I'll turn my attention back to seriously trying to find a way out of this complete clusterf*** and trying to find a way forward for people like yourself :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It really is all falling apart, isn't it...... I am waiting to be challenged......

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's that good and hope it all works out for you.

I was at a trade show in Europe last week, the consensus was from many European prospective clients "we like the UK, we like the way you do business but now its just too hard. We'll buy inside the EU and save the hassle".

Customs paperwork, costs and slow transit times.

We need an independent public enquiry, those that told all the lies needs to be held to account. First with booting these lying charlatan out of power for the foreseeable.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
My sister-in-law works for a firm that produces anti-syphoning devices for cars. She says that Brexit has tripled the amount of paperwork she has to complete to export the products. This means more time, effort and cost which comes straight off the bottom line.

Extrapolate that across much of British industry, and you can begin to see, just as a result of this one Brexit effect, that it is harder for UK plc to turn a profit than it was, pre-Brexit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not there obviously but people must surely be furious about all the lies they were told.

Farage and Johnson would be hung from lampposts in less civilised countries.

I always felt that the true embracing of European culture would be embracing a more french way of protesting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here