Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Caused by the pound weakening even further against the dollar. Sad times, very sad times for the UK.
Wouldn't happen in Germany
Screenshot_20230203-193939~2.png

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Welcome back wodger, have you been on your holibobs or perhaps banned again?

Well, I for one think it's very nice that NSC still allows at least a few alternative views to counter the radicalised echo chamber nonsense which makes up 95% of this thread.

Nearly 'everyone' steers well clear of this thread for entirely understandable reasons but laughing would be a distinct improvement on pearl-clutching, calls for bans by the #FBPE crew/usual suspects who can't cope with being ridiculed!

Seriously though (can you do serious?), working on the majority assumption on here that everything negative is down to Brexit and anything positive, forever more, would have happened anyway, would you be capable of putting a time frame on when you think we will rejoin the customs union/single market/ EU? I put the question out to the room also. Good to get a record to bounce in years to come :wink:
hmmm, wodger is pretty funny, you are quite the wit, it speaks volumes of your intellect.

thankyou for your kind concern, i just had to take a break from the hate-filled simpletons, for a bit.

could you please explain what you mean by "radicalised", and how this process happens?

it all depends on the GE result; lib/lab coalition, sooner than you think. lab, 2029 election manifesto? your shambolic mob of chancers and charletons, never, because it is the right thing to do.

so when do YOU think we will be back on the path to righteousness?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
80% of FTSE100 earnings are from overseas, its dominated by banks, natural resources and pharma.

Might be better comparing 5 years growth of the more domestic based FTSE250 (7%) German DAX (27%) and French CAC (42%).

Maybe you can explain that

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Brexit supporters admit leaving EU was a ‘disaster’ after ‘a drink or two’, ex home sec Amber Rudd says​

Former home secretary Amber Rudd has claimed that some Brexiteers, after “a drink or two”, will admit that the decision to leave the EU has been a “disaster”. “One of the reasons I’m not in politics, and a lot of my former colleagues aren’t in politics anymore, is because we can’t get up and say Brexit is a success. You have to be able to say Brexit is a success to be a spokesperson for the Conservative Party.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...pc=U591&cvid=c4ad5fd709ba42c9ac0f91d1dfb99fa4

Never mind admitting it when they're pissed, when are they actually going to do something about fixing this almighty clusterf*** :rant:

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
brexit was really only about 1 thing.....making it harder for people to leave the island......you will see why between 2024-27..........they peddled it as tons of other things to create division........the trust and belief in mainstream media narratives on here is really something hard to find anywhere else online. Who controls the mainstream media - follow the trail......

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Glass always half-full type of chap are you?

I thought you 1901ers would be chuffed with that result and your extensive share portfolios.
Brexit = Bankers richer, people poorer. I assume BP´s bumper profits boosted the index? don't want to piss on your chips but I can't join you celebrating corporations becoming wealthier and people paying the cost with cost of living crisis and state workers having to accept real terms pay cuts to support it, but don't let me stop you.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
brexit was really only about 1 thing.....making it harder for people to leave the island......you will see why between 2024-27..........they peddled it as tons of other things to create division........the trust and belief in mainstream media narratives on here is really something hard to find anywhere else online. Who controls the mainstream media - follow the trail......
Oh go on do tell us what is going to happen between 2024-27? Seems conveniently vague.

Could I also ask what you class as “mainstream media”?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexit was about the Tory’s deregulating the U.K. so they can drain it dry. They sold it to thickos and racists by saying we would take back control and get rid of foreigners (Because they know one thing this sceptered isle has plenty of, is racist thickos).

Nothing less and certainly no more.

Try not to look for conspiracy or hidden meaning. It’s just elite, rich, ****s being elite, rich, ****s.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Interesting speech and when the Government front bench tried to stop it at 5.10, and were offered the opportunity to debate by a pre-cabal Conservative peer, they just highlighted the complete logical vacuum that is Brexit. There was never a single serious politician from any political party that didn't back Remain.

And the very idea that any Thatcher supporting individual would vote for Brexit :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No be
Michael Green wasn’t impressed…

No better than Sunak saying he will sort out the mess the economy is in. Yes!!! The mess you created.

Have these people forgotten they did all this damage THEMSELVES???!!!!!!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A dividend?

It's pretty obvious that the contributors to this thread in recent months are Remoaners, as am I, and will therefore answer no to the dividend question. The effects of Brexit, however, were never going to be all in one direction. Larry Elliott is, for me at least, an astute communicator of economics, and has been behind the Brexit project. To add, more broadly, Singapore-on-Thames is yet to emerge, although I suspect the clamour for it to be implemented will increase in c18 months.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A dividend?

It's pretty obvious that the contributors to this thread in recent months are Remoaners, as am I, and will therefore answer no to the dividend question. The effects of Brexit, however, were never going to be all in one direction. Larry Elliott is, for me at least, an astute communicator of economics, and has been behind the Brexit project. To add, more broadly, Singapore-on-Thames is yet to emerge, although I suspect the clamour for it to be implemented will increase in c18 months.
It's a fair point and is probably the reason why so many Brexit voters are now supporting all the striking workers ???

And more good news on the Brexit front

Kemi Badenoch criticises 'fake conversation' of Brexit damage as UK-Italy trade partnership signed​

She was talking after signing a new "trade partnership" with Italy - the first with a European nation post-Brexit. The deal makes no change to the UK and Italy's key trading regulations - from tariffs and quotas to customs rules - but she said it would help improve trade between the nations.

https://news.sky.com/story/kemi-bad...as-uk-italy-trade-partnership-signed-12806110

Of course the new "Trade Partnership" changes absolutely nothing of any significance on account of they are in the EU and we're not. Do they really think that we are so stupid that we wouldn't understand this and would fall for this bullshit ................ oh :lolol:

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's a fair point and is probably the reason why so many Brexit voters are now supporting all the striking workers ???

And more good news on the Brexit front

Kemi Badenoch criticises 'fake conversation' of Brexit damage as UK-Italy trade partnership signed​

She was talking after signing a new "trade partnership" with Italy - the first with a European nation post-Brexit. The deal makes no change to the UK and Italy's key trading regulations - from tariffs and quotas to customs rules - but she said it would help improve trade between the nations.

https://news.sky.com/story/kemi-bad...as-uk-italy-trade-partnership-signed-12806110

Of course the new "Trade Partnership" changes absolutely nothing of any significance on account of they are in the EU and we're not. Do they really think that we are so stupid that we wouldn't understand this and would fall for this bullshit ................ oh :lolol:
That comment is based upon the hope for consistency in politics, which doesn't exist. Leave succeeded because it included a coalition involving not just workers in, for example, the 'Red Wall', but also proponents of Singapore-on-Thames and no doubt other motivations.
Leave succeeded because it made all sorts of promises to all sorts of constituencies, whereas Remain couldn't do that, because Remain entailed something 'concrete', familiar, etc. Which is another way of saying that there wasn't a simple binary on that particular ballot sheet that so many claim: Remain meant one option, Leave meant multiple options.
The one person culpable for that is Cameron. There is one party culpable for that. That party has riden the crest of the Brexit wave for a long time, but now that it's Brexit that is 'concrete', familiar, it might just get its comeuppance. We can but hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here