Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just got back from Amsterdam, 3 hour queue to get through security, I thought u was gonna die! The world is ****ed

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can't we just send all the Brexiteers to Yorkshire...you know...Gods own country and let the rest of us get on with being normal.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those who didn't click the link, read this.
Getlink (Eurotunnel) 33T– Supplementary written evidence
In response to an email inquiry from the Committee about border testing, John
Keefe, Director of Public Affairs at Getlink (Eurotunnel), provided the following
statement:
We have been working on testing programmes with the French Authorities for
nearly 2 years (starting with preparations in advance of 29 March 2019). At each
stage the tests have focused on one particular aspect of the new process, an
updated element of a system, or an end to end trial. They have been highly
successful and have enabled us to coordinate the speed and flexibility of our
transport operations with the security needs of the French Authorities.
The trials you refer to were conducted by the French Authorities, notably the
Police aux Frontières (PAF), at our terminal in Folkestone, at Dover, Calais and
Dunkirk to test the 3rd country immigration controls that will be required, in the
event of no deal being reached, on truck drivers entering the EU and Schengen
zone, from 01/01/2021. They involved processing drivers as if they were third
country nationals, which can take an average of 70 seconds per vehicle with one
driver, or 140 seconds if two drivers are present.
The PAF used two of the four lanes that they will use post 01/01, thus reducing
the flow and also, we understand, checked 100% of passports during the test,
rather than just the 3rd country nationals (British drivers make up less than
20% of the total).
Currently, French Authority passport controls UK-France are conducted
infrequently, often based on intelligence and are normally cursory. They have
only rarely impacted traffic flow.
The UK has always conducted full passport controls on 100% of persons
travelling inbound from France to the UK and has, since 2015, conducted 100%
Exit Checks on persons travelling outbound UK to France (and all other
destinations).
The traffic on the M20 was caused by a combination that we don’t expect to be
repeated next year: high volumes of trucks, due to stockpiling and Christmas
combined, reduced ferry capacity following redundancies and reductions in ferry
rotations between Dover and Calais, and passport checks on 100% of Drivers
(expect only 20% post Brexit, corresponding to 20:80 split UK:EU).
Kent Police and Highways England managed the motorway traffic dynamically,
without resort to any of the more robust traffic management measures that are
available to them (Operations Brock or Stack), demonstrating that the traffic
level was within acceptable parameters.

Or in other words, no forseeable problems as we've tested everything.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Watching the final stage round Paris makes me proud to be a European

I wish I was European.

I live in France now and I,m fully retired after working all my life in the UK.

I can stay in France as long as I like because I have a Carte de Sejour. I can go back to England as often as I want, because I'm British.

But......I can't travel to other places in Europe any more than 90 days at a time. Once I do my 90 days, I have to remain in France for another 90 days. Frustreating when I have a campervan and fuel aside, it,s a free holiday after a lifetime of hard work.

One of the downsides is that I now have to pay my taxes in France, despite all my income coming from the UK.

Part of my income is a state pension of approx 9600 pounds a year......paid for by the taxes collected in the UK from people who are working hard every week. Of this amount, which UK people are working to provide me with this sum....I have to give 27 per cent to the french Government. It makes me want to puke that you, others and my children who work, are subsiding the French Government now with the tax you pay.

Before Brexit, I paid all my taxes to the UK.

I did...and still do...pay my various council taxes (Taxe d'habitation and Foncieres ) here, the Vat ( Tva) and all other taxes the French require. State pension aside , I receive no other benefits.

Absolute F******g madness., .. !

D

Deleted member 2719

Its clear as a bell today.

All that fuss for nothing.

I sometimes go into the supermarket and there are only 3 tills out of 20 open and the backlog is horrendous.

I quickly start a thread and blame it on Brexit rather than think why is that?

I love to get involved deeply moaning and groaning in these threads, It's because I still hanker over our love affair with the EU I just love the unnecessary red tape that they stuck in everyone's way and the way they spunked money our money all over the shop.
The EU was and is a monster of a Union they work like a finely tuned Ferrari, errrrrrrrrrrr I mean a McLaren and they are not corrupt at all.

Attachments

• Dover Sunday.PNG
    Dover Sunday.PNG
    808.7 KB · Views: 105

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Are you inventing imaginary scenarios, failing to support them with any evidence, and using them to support your argument? This is excellent Brexiteering if I may say so.

According to the MP for Calais, their port is 3-4 times as large as Dover. I think it's called infrastructure investment. You know, forward planning - that kind of thing.
I wasn't even aware that the UK had customs inspectors at Calais. If the French have built better facilities for UK customs agents than we have for them, then that's a point for the French.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I wish I was European.

I live in France now and I,m fully retired after working all my life in the UK.

I can stay in France as long as I like because I have a Carte de Sejour. I can go back to England as often as I want, because I'm British.

But......I can't travel to other places in Europe any more than 90 days at a time. Once I do my 90 days, I have to remain in France for another 90 days. Frustreating when I have a campervan and fuel aside, it,s a free holiday after a lifetime of hard work.

One of the downsides is that I now have to pay my taxes in France, despite all my income coming from the UK.

Part of my income is a state pension of approx 9600 pounds a year......paid for by the taxes collected in the UK from people who are working hard every week. Of this amount, which UK people are working to provide me with this sum....I have to give 27 per cent to the french Government. It makes me want to puke that you, others and my children who work, are subsiding the French Government now with the tax you pay.

Before Brexit, I paid all my taxes to the UK.

I did...and still do...pay my various council taxes (Taxe d'habitation and Foncieres ) here, the Vat ( Tva) and all other taxes the French require. State pension aside , I receive no other benefits.

Absolute F******g madness., .. !

Interesting stats, thanks for sharing

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I sometimes go into the supermarket and there are only 3 tills out of 20 open and the backlog is horrendous.

I love to get involved deeply moaning and groaning in these threads, It's because I still hanker over our love affair with the EU I just love the unnecessary red tape that they stuck in everyone's way and the way they spunked money our money all over the shop.
The EU was and is a monster of a Union they work like a finely tuned Ferrari, errrrrrrrrrrr I mean a McLaren and they are not corrupt at all.

I,m not in a good mood today , but you really are showing yourself up to be the biggest masochistic C**T on this forum.

You do know of course despite you being as thick as S**t and twice as stodgy , that cars, and lorries are banked up on the M20 and A20 and your pathetic photo doesn't even remotely show the real consequences.

Please....just f**k off to some dungeon somewhere and whip yourself to death.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
There are quite a lot of Remainers in Yorkshire. Leeds voted Remain.

That gives me hope TB that when these "things" are sent there, they will receive some semblance of an education.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I,m not in a good mood today , but you really are showing yourself up to be the biggest masochistic C**T on this forum.

You do know of course despite you being as thick as S**t and twice as stodgy , that cars, and lorries are banked up on the M20 and A20 and your pathetic photo doesn't even remotely show the real consequences.

I sympathise with your viewpoint. If I didn't know better I would think Mouldy Boots is a parody account.... but he has blocked me for requesting him to take his time and reflect before posting.

Sadly he can't do it because he sees and comprehends nothing but that which is in his own interest.......

D

Deleted member 2719

Sorry if you're not in a good mood today, but you don't know my circumstances either, so no need for the direct personal insults mate, I am just stating what ITV has said, they have plenty of what you want to believe in it too.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-07-24...-flowing-normally-after-days-of-traffic-chaos

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I sympathise with your viewpoint. If I didn't know better I would think Mouldy Boots is a parody account.... but he has blocked me for requesting him to take his time and reflect before posting.

Sadly he can't do it because he sees and comprehends nothing but that which is in his own interest.......

I wouldn’t take Mouldy’s posts entirely seriously. Some things he means and others are mickey takes. The trick is to tell the difference.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Mouldy Boots has for a long time shown himself to be a masochist at best and a cuckold at worst. Pathetic creature.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spoke to one of our drivers today, he done customs on Friday afternoon in Folkstone, 4 hours later after gaving his 42 carnets checjed and stamped, he was told he had to join at the M2 and wait to get across the channel. He arrived in Calaise this afternoon and had to park up because no lorry movement allowed on a Sunday. Hes on his way to deliver in Sardinia.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Which only goes to prove the point that I have been making, that this was always going to happen and it is not the fault of the French or the EU.

And I am absolutely sure that the majority of exporters in this country would prefer still to be in the EU because of the BARRIERS that this government has put in the way of exporting.

You really are very dim.

D

Deleted member 2719

Which only goes to prove the point that I have been making, that this was always going to happen and it is not the fault of the French or the EU.

And I am absolutely sure that the majority of exporters in this country would prefer still to be in the EU because of the BARRIERS that this government has put in the way of exporting.

You really are very dim.

Why the personal insult Dave, thought you were better than that.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry if you're not in a good mood today, but you don't know my circumstances either, so no need for the direct personal insults mate, I am just stating what ITV has said, they have plenty of what you want to believe in it too.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-07-24...-flowing-normally-after-days-of-traffic-chaos

Just so you know, I,m not your mate. I do feel sorry for you.

You are a sick individual with probably low self esteem and need this forum ( and probably others ) to find some purpose in your life.

I,m disappointed that the moderators haven't recognised your illness and should have blocked your account to help you. Your serious illness is obvious to most of us and has been for some time.

Do yourself a favour, step away from your laptop and do something useful with your life. We are dead for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here