Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
EU is not going going to consider a deal if we accept shit like chlorinated chickens from the US.

Out of interest, where did you get this titbit from ? Given the EU doesn't allow for the import of chlorinated into its member states why would it matter that we allow it - the EU won't allow us to then send it to them.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
This - Though one's sympathy does wane a little when those people are challenged only to find their views are entirely entrenched despite what's blindingly bloody obvious... They believed Farage et al, whether we like it or not...

I didn't believe 'Farage et al' ...... I wanted out LONG before he was on the scene stealing the limelight.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Although both leavers and sensible (ex) remainers have voiced a similar view, it's worth remembering this thread now serves as a therapeutic outlet for the small rump of extreme Europhiles who never came to terms with the 2016 result. Now we have finally left and a landslide majority Tory government is in charge for the foreseeable future they are in a particularly fragile state of mind so need a special safe space/echo chamber to reinforce their prejudices rather than accept reality and move on with their lives.

In the coming months and years, UKplc will, most likely, broadly perform in line with other major economies, the forecast disasters failing to materialise so instead, they will have to seize on individual negative news items rejoicing in any job losses that occur, especially in Brexit voting constituencies.

Or to put it another way .. once a prejudiced, patronising twunt always a prejudiced, patronising twunt :wink:

Not at all. It should be left for people like yourself to brag about all the success stories that are coming. Im guessing youre confident of them, so stop whining about it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It wasn't quite name calling, but I couldn't resist replying to some rabid Farage supporters. Nigel Farage got chased out of Edinburgh yesterday by SNP supporters with two taxi drivers refusing to drive him.

So those taxi drivers weren't prepared to accept political views opposing their own ? How unusual of remainers !

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So those taxi drivers weren't prepared to accept political views opposing their own ? How unusual of remainers !

So, Brexiteers have started to resent a backlash to their actions. How unexpected. What did he need a taxi for anyway? Dont tell me Unicorns are a myth. That would be so disappointing.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, you had plenty of time to consider the detrimental implications, and still voted for it? Smart.

Only an idiot would want to belong to a political and economic union wishing to get to an US of E status and to bow down to big corrupt business.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Only an idiot would want to belong to a political and economic union wishing to get to an US of E status and to bow down to big corrupt business.

Only an idiot would vote for self harm.
Have you considered the real world or just your imaginary one?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, Brexiteers have started to resent a backlash to their actions. How unexpected. What did he need a taxi for anyway? Dont tell me Unicorns are a myth. That would be so disappointing.

Yet it's remainers that keep banging on about 'uniting' the country but then won't do anything to do so ? Only a dick would refuse service to someone because of their political views.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I stay well away from these threads nowadays but bored i found myself back in the sewer and choked on my tea at this.

You do realise that big corrupt business who didn't want to pay tax under the EU's new tax laws were behind the leave campaign???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well I'm sure BJ will tell them to eff off.

And I prefer tits - but the real fleshly ones on females .... not the ones like a certain person that resides in the Czech Republic. :whistle:

Hasn’t Boris already stated he’ll maintain food standards in any US deal? So surely to tell the EU to F off would merely be an exercise in defiance, getting us nowhere except raising tension between us and the EU. Unless of course he goes back on his word, which is a strong likelihood.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yet it's remainers that keep banging on about 'uniting' the country but then won't do anything to do so ? Only a dick would refuse service to someone because of their political views.

It’s up to the government to unite the country now. Very little remainers can do.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Your clarity on world issues is suspect. What happened to Farage was nothing to do with 'remainers'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Would be nice to hear from a Brexiteer, their vision of the next 10-20 years, after we crash out with no deal at the end of the year. Any brave enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here