Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
OK - here you go - in public - I bet you £200 we won't crash out with a 'no deal' ? If I lose it's £200 to REMF ..... where does your money go if you lose ?

I have business on tight budget mate and planning for the future. That and I wouldn't trust brexiteers as far as I can throw them to keep their word. Lets just agree too laugh at each other when end game is revealed.
You forgot to mention the indications regarding a deal.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brexiteers are beginning to see the mess and want to share the blame by 'uniting' the country. You can all do one.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You obviously missed my post about owning the outcome of my vote then.

I confess I did. Allow me then to slightly alter my original post.

"LOL like more than the odd one or two are prepared to own anything at all about Brexit"

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Unite me with who? The die is cast. I don’t like it but what can I do? I can’t suddenly get behind it but I grudgingly accept it. Mess that it is.
Are you suggesting the only way to make it work is if remainers say they support Brexit?
By implication, setting us up for the blame when it inevitably turns to shit in Johnson’s hands.

Any unification might be helped along if Brexit supporters recognise ongoing challenges in the Brexit process and are prepared to criticise the simplistic misrepresentation by those that led the Brexit lobby. It would be good too if Brexit voting posters on here resisted making facile points such as those about blue passports. Then I for one would be more pre-disposed in their favour when things take an inevitable turn for the worse in 2021.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any unification might be helped along if Brexit supporters recognise ongoing challenges in the Brexit process and are prepared to criticise the simplistic misrepresentation by those that led the Brexit lobby. It would be good too if Brexit voting posters on here resisted making facile points such as those about blue passports. Then I for one would be more pre-disposed in their favour when things take an inevitable turn for the worse in 2021.....

“Unite” is just another meaningless slogan with no substance to it. It ranks alongside “sovereignty”, “Leave” and “let’s make Britain great again” as facile, empty chants that have no real meaning, no plan, no objective and no accountability.
If you ran a company on such flimsy premise you’d be out of business within a year.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

When you getting your brand spanking new blue passport

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
OK - here you go - in public - I bet you £200 we won't crash out with a 'no deal' ? If I lose it's £200 to REMF ..... where does your money go if you lose ?

Errr .... yes .... someone that doesn't want to bet. You've made some pretty solid statements on here yet I've not seen you suggest a bet around your statements. It's just an idiotic idea that if you're so sure of your statement you should be prepared to wager a bet :facepalm:

I'm certain we'll stay up this season but there's no way I'll place a bet on it. I have better things to do with my money.
£10 to REMF if we leave on or before October 31st, you pay if not - You on ? :wink:
Good grief !

What sort of person would turn down a charity bet on a public forum :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Johnson has until June to ask for an extension to the transition period. He won’t.
There is no way his government can agree a deal in 10 months. Spain wants Gibraltar for a start.

Just for reference, Canada and the EU took 7 years to get their deal finalised. The USA are prioritising the deal with the EU before a deal with us.

The ‘Australia deal’ is just another name for No Deal.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
“Unite” is just another meaningless slogan with no substance to it. It ranks alongside “sovereignty”, “Leave” and “let’s make Britain great again” as facile, empty chants that have no real meaning, no plan and no accountability.
If you ran a company on such flimsy premise you’d be out of business within a year.

Absolutely!
If it means anything, it is an exhortation to 'submit to Brexit without further critical scrutiny... '
No doubt Johnson acolytes will do the heavy lifting for this duplicitous government, repeat it 'ad nauseam' and accuse those who resist of being unpatriotic...
Wait though... it's already happening!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Johnson has until June to ask for an extension to the transition period. He won’t.
There is no way his government can agree a deal in 10 months. Spain wants Gibraltar for a start.

Just for reference, Canada and the EU took 7 years to get their deal finalised. The USA are prioritising the deal with the EU before a deal with us.

Exactly. Brexiteers like the word “Australian” because to them it equates to immigration control through a points system. A system that Australia doesn’t really have anyway. Not in real terms.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What sort of person would turn down a charity bet on a public forum :wink:

And I would have lost the bet ..... hence why I didn't accept the bet. Won't lose this one though .... feel free to take up the mantel from Dave .... after all, all your investments are safe so you'll be able to pay ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So you'll take up the bet then ? After all, you're so sure 'no deal' will happen.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And I would have lost the bet ..... hence why I didn't accept the bet. Won't lose this one though .... feel free to take up the mantel from Dave .... after all, all your investments are safe so you'll be able to pay ?

I thinking would be folly to bet on any outcome when it comes to Johnson.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Im skint atm
Why dont you just highlight the indications of a deal that you have seen. Seems to me this bet is just away of avoiding the question.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Exactly. Brexiteers like the word “Australian” because to them it equates to immigration control through a points system. A system that Australia doesn’t really have anyway. Not in real terms.

UK immigrant population = 15% Australian immigrant population = 30%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here