[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No USA trade deal anytime soon. The USA has told the UK that they want to sort out their trade deal with the largest trading bloc in the world before they negotiate anything with the UK.
Oh well. Best hope Johnson goes soon and that his replacement will be a pragmatic deal maker.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well I'm sure BJ will tell them to eff off.

What tell them to go whistle like last time, then ended up paying the bill, then capitulating with a customs border in the Irish Sea.

I hope he has something you for, you do deserve it...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It’s up to the government to unite the country now. Very little remainers can do.

And how would you suggest the government do that then ? Short of revoking Brexit ? Like it or not remainers DO have a role to play in uniting the country.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It’s up to the government to unite the country now. Very little remainers can do.

Yep, it's up to the jubilant* winners to take the plan forward. I await the good news with bated breath.

* They clearly should be happy, they won etc, but they seem to be so ANGRY. I don't know why.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Would be nice to hear from a Brexiteer, their vision of the next 10-20 years, after we crash out with no deal at the end of the year. Any brave enough?

We won't crash out with 'no deal' ( and I don't need Watford zero's dodgy Meg to predict that ), so why should I predict the 'vision' based on something that won't happen ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Although both leavers and sensible (ex) remainers have voiced a similar view, it's worth remembering this thread now serves as a therapeutic outlet for the small rump of extreme Europhiles who never came to terms with the 2016 result. Now we have finally left and a landslide majority Tory government is in charge for the foreseeable future they are in a particularly fragile state of mind so need a special safe space/echo chamber to reinforce their prejudices rather than accept reality and move on with their lives.

In the coming months and years, UKplc will, most likely, broadly perform in line with other major economies, the forecast disasters failing to materialise so instead, they will have to seize on individual negative news items rejoicing in any job losses that occur, especially in Brexit voting constituencies.

Or to put it another way .. once a prejudiced, patronising twunt always a prejudiced, patronising twunt :wink:

Agree with this bit.... and did you reflect on the tone and content of your comments before coming to that conclusion?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We won't crash out with 'no deal' ( and I don't need Watford zero's dodgy Meg to predict that ), so why should I predict the 'vision' based on something that won't happen ?

No Deal is exactly what Johnson is aiming for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the coming months and years, UKplc will, most likely, broadly perform in line with other major economies, the forecast disasters failing to materialise so instead, they will have to seize on individual negative news items rejoicing in any job losses that occur, especially in Brexit voting constituencies.

Much of UK PLC has already moved to protect themselves from Brexit harm, their priority is their shareholder value, they will do what they need to do.

Different story for SME's the lifeblood of the UK economy

Rejoice at job losses? Surely they will be outweighed by job creation from the new exciting opportunities explained in detail on this thread...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And how would you suggest the government do that then ? Short of revoking Brexit ? Like it or not remainers DO have a role to play in uniting the country.

Well, the most obvious way of doing this would be to get us a good deal and minimise negative impact on the U.K.
We have left the EU, we ain’t going back anytime soon so Johnson needs to drop the bravado and the bluff and get down to some serious, thought out negotiation. I doubt very much he is capable of this and so I think the country will remain divided for many years to come I’m afraid.

If you’re suggesting I say I believe in Brexit and support it then that’s just not going to happen. I don’t and I shan’t. It makes no odds anyway. The time for the electorate to make a difference has passed. The vote is in, we left.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yet it's remainers that keep banging on about 'uniting' the country but then won't do anything to do so ? Only a dick would refuse service to someone because of their political views.

Is it? I thought it was another wishful aim of Boris Johnsons. The country will be less divided once you and others realise our splendid isolation is not quite so splendid, our sovereignty means we get to choose EU food standards or US food standards, getting all our fishing rights back means no one to sell the fish to, etc and that voting leave was a bad idea, and not good for Britain. Are you with us yet?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I really feel I have to defend you here. How on earth [MENTION=37421]daveinplzen[/MENTION] can expect you, or any other Brexiteer to predict what 'the vision' will be when no-one, including yourself obviously, has no absolutely any idea what is going to happen 4 years after they voted for it to happen (whatever it is) :shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The only deals in place are 20 continuity deals with countries that include The Palestinian Authority, Faroe islands, Kosovo, Georgia etc. Imagining the countries economy to be 'broadly' in line with major trading blocs is laughable .

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Really? When EVERY indication show no-deal? What indications of that have you seen that show otherwise? This sort of revelation could unify the country.

OK - here you go - in public - I bet you £200 we won't crash out with a 'no deal' ? If I lose it's £200 to REMF ..... where does your money go if you lose ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Much of UK PLC has already moved to protect themselves from Brexit harm, their priority is their shareholder value, they will do what they need to do.

Different story for SME's the lifeblood of the UK economy

Rejoice at job losses? Surely they will be outweighed by job creation from the new exciting opportunities explained in detail on this thread...

F**K Business!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you’re suggesting I say I believe in Brexit and support it then that’s just not going to happen. I don’t and I shan’t. It makes no odds anyway. The time for the electorate to make a difference has passed. The vote is in, we left.

So there's no way to unite you then ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So there's no way to unite you then ?

Unite me with who? The die is cast. I don’t like it but what can I do? I can’t suddenly get behind it but I grudgingly accept it. Mess that it is.
Are you suggesting the only way to make it work is if remainers say they support Brexit?
By implication, setting us up for the blame when it inevitably turns to shit in Johnson’s hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports