Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Best thing mods can do is move this thread to other. This is a football forum, and NSC is a much nicer place without this horrible thread hanging around now.

Why on earth would you want the thread closed whilst we are still paying into the EU, still governed by their rules and regulations, still trading under their trade deals, and no alternative solutions agreed for any one of these things (and, additionally, planning to put a border in the Irish Sea).

Whether a remainer or a leaver, surely you must understand that the solutions to these things will have huge, long-term, far-reaching effects on every single person in the UK and yet you don't want these things discussed, because you've now got your tea-towel :shrug:

With 10 months to go, as certain posters on here used to say - Tick Tock

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Best thing mods can do is move this thread to other. This is a football forum, and NSC is a much nicer place without this horrible thread hanging around now.

It doesn't need to be that way...
Jingoistic comments like 'have you got your blue passport yet, you know it makes sense' do not make any valid point.
Asking what the benefits of the new blue passports will be, on the other hand, is an attempt to understand the mindset of people who seem entirely emotionally rather than intellectually engaged with the matter.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We discussed this at a recent mod gathering but concluded better to leave it here as otherwise people would hijack other threads to prolong their point scoring, whatabouttery and hostility towards their fellow man so decided to leave it as it is.

The right decision.
Similar to controlling the Coronavirus through quarantine measures to stop it spreading, except this is for those infected with the 'I can't stop arguing about Brexit virus'!:D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The right decision.
Similar to controlling the Coronavirus through quarantine measures to stop it spreading, except this is for those infected with the 'I can't stop arguing about Brexit virus'!:D

These words are wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The right decision.

I agree with you on the first bit!
This is the Brexit thread and Brexit is a process that will grind on for years; it is not an event. In spite of the lying PM, it is not 'done' and we need to scrutinise events as each falsehood becomes clear over time. That is totally legitimate..... but spilling into other threads isn't!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Just a quick look on page 1 of NSC this morning and 23 of the 40 threads are non-football related. Is it because you fear that Brexit is going to be a shit fest and you don’t want to be reminded of it?

You won the referendum; you own it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's mainly remainders left on this thread now. Soon as any leaver posts on here they are straight on their case. Thread should have been closed last month.

You could just.......not look at it. We wouldn’t want you feeling ganged up on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I think it should end when Brexit is done, a long way to go....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nissan Europe chairman casts fresh doubt on future of Sunderland plant....

https://www.cityam.com/nissan-europ...&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

If this goes the ripple effect in this region will be huge, the Tory government will be 100% to blame

Much as I detest this Tory government, when Nissan pulls out, and Sunderland's economy completely collapses, they really will not be 100% to blame.

Nigel Farage, the Daily Mail, David Cameron, Tommy Robinson, Jeremy Corbyn, Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC, and the wantonly ignorant / gullible / selfish among the UK electorate, all take their little share.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Much as I detest this Tory government, when Nissan pulls out, and Sunderland's economy completely collapses, they really will not be 100% to blame.

Nigel Farage, the Daily Mail, David Cameron, Tommy Robinson, Jeremy Corbyn, Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC, and the wantonly ignorant / gullible / selfish among the UK electorate, all take their little share.
Particularly the people in Sunderland who voted Brexit and Tory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Particularly the people in Sunderland who voted Brexit and Tory.

The people in Leigh voted for a Tory for the first time in 90 odd years, and found they've elected a bloke who flashes his genitals in a pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here