Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
How do you know it's taken me two years to realise we are at an impasse? You know as much about me as you know about what will happen after March 29th. Nothing.

But don't let that prevent you salivating over the fears and concerns of many people on this site.....

I am sure it won't.

Last edited:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Have you accepted we're leaving , well done its taken you over two years
regards
DR

Just so you know I am addressing you Mr/Mrs/Ms Pretty Pink Fairy.....How do you know it's taken me two years to realise we are at an impasse? You know as much about me as you know about what will happen after March 29th. Nothing.

But don't let that prevent you salivating over the fears and concerns of many people on this site.....

I am sure it won't.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Typical triumphalism at the end there;not much attempt to reach out to Remainers and heal the wounds..... disappointing but quite predictable. Don't try and become a diplomat - you're not very good at it.

Come on enjoy yourself.

:drink::drink::drink::banana::sheep::ascarf::xmas::xmas:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is there a bit of a theme developing here ?

You claim there's 'something in place'

Good grief, you silly billy
First of all you say all we have done for no deal planning is simply “Send letters out to businesses stating 'be prepared'”.
Then when finding out this obviously isn’t the case you decide to try and waffle your way through the measures(that you didn’t know about) trying to find any item that isn’t covered (in the measures that are in place that you didn’t know about) to try and prove there is nothing in place, Try and recognise when I write measures in place for managing a no deal scenario “as best as possible” regarding measures being put in place(that you didn’t know about) it really does mean as best as possible and does not mean everything is covered

By coincidence someone has actually read what you have quoted and seems to think that's not the case

No they didnt, try and read again what was written, Pavillionaire wrote he had read “Accountancy and Audit one. There's no mention of VAT”……well there wouldn’t be would there because there is separate guidance for VAT to the “Accounting and audit if there’s no Brexit deal” guidelines which are in the Meeting Business Regulations section. These separate VAT guidelines are called “VAT for businesses if there's no Brexit deal”which is in the Money And Tax section. You probably should have checked that first before scrabbling around in haste…….Fail!

Oh look, here it's happened again

No it hasn’t happened again, in your haste (again) you completely ignored the full proposal regulation that I posted which showed what these “certain” areas were…..here it is (again) for you
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2018/EN/COM-2018-893-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF
No need to ignore it (again)

I wonder what would happen if people could actually be arsed to read the documents you keep quoting ?

I wonder what would happen if you could actually be arsed to read anything outside of your echo chamber.

In conclusion 0/10 Stop being such a nause

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"Shouldn't be too hard'........ like the 2016-18 negotiations then.

No, its reference to an agreement on keeping flights going not the 2 year negotiation (silly boy)……what difficulties do you see them having trying to have a reciprocal agreement on flights, you havnt said………have a hat whilst you are trying to think of them. :dunce:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Soon to be harder for Brits to get into Europe than Australians. They didn't put that on the side of the bus

Except of course it wont.
Why would anyone put “Australian citizens are being placed on the ETIAS entry system too, the same as Brits, when it comes into operation in 2021” on the side of a bus?

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Resorting to personal insults again. I am sure you can do better than that when someone asks a person of your intellect a civil question.
Where do you get your information from? Civil question mr hat man.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
No, its reference to an agreement on keeping flights going not the 2 year negotiation (silly boy)……what difficulties do you see them having trying to have a reciprocal agreement on flights, you havnt said………have a hat whilst you are trying to think of them. :dunce:

Resorting to personal insults again. Disappointing. I am sure you can do better than that when someone asks a person of your intellect a civil question.
Where do you get your information from? Civil question mr hat man. By the way, I presume you mean 'it's a reference'... and it's 'haven't'. Sorry to be pedantic but I think it's important to get things right, don't you?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good grief, you silly billy
First of all you say all we have done for no deal planning is simply “Send letters out to businesses stating 'be prepared'”.
Then when finding out this obviously isn’t the case you decide to try and waffle your way through the measures(that you didn’t know about) trying to find any item that isn’t covered (in the measures that are in place that you didn’t know about) to try and prove there is nothing in place, Try and recognise when I write measures in place for managing a no deal scenario “as best as possible” regarding measures being put in place(that you didn’t know about) it really does mean as best as possible and does not mean everything is covered

No they didnt, try and read again what was written, Pavillionaire wrote he had read “Accountancy and Audit one. There's no mention of VAT”……well there wouldn’t be would there because there is separate guidance for VAT to the “Accounting and audit if there’s no Brexit deal” guidelines which are in the Meeting Business Regulations section. These separate VAT guidelines are called “VAT for businesses if there's no Brexit deal”which is in the Money And Tax section. You probably should have checked that first before scrabbling around in haste…….Fail!

No it hasn’t happened again, in your haste (again) you completely ignored the full proposal regulation that I posted which showed what these “certain” areas were…..here it is (again) for you
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2018/EN/COM-2018-893-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF
No need to ignore it (again)

I wonder what would happen if you could actually be arsed to read anything outside of your echo chamber.

In conclusion 0/10 Stop being such a nause

It all sounds a little bit desperate and I have a lot to do over the next few days, so merry Xmas and I'll see you in the new year when there's even less than 90 days to go :bigwave:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brexit has already cost the economy £50 billion and in April higher rate tax payers get £860 in the form of a tax break, the Tories looks after their mates and the war on the poor will continue will bear the brunt. I'm afraid they were conned by the Tory right

We have had the Lost Decade for many, seeing the Pound collapse now as we cut ourselves off from our closest, easiest trading partners does not inspire much hope for 2019.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don't often pass comments on political threads but if the result of the referendum was so close BUT STAY was the result would the leavers have accepted the democratic vote and accepted life under continual European government? I think there would be just as much ill feeling emanating on here. Sometimes a referendum is not the ideal vehicle to use to gain a democratic result when an elected House of members of parliament could make that decision and suffer the consequences if the electorate have different opinions. In short a referendum is not as democratic process as one would assume. And before anyone corrects me ask yourself why referendums are few and far between.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't often pass comments on political threads but if the result of the referendum was so close BUT STAY was the result would the leavers have accepted the democratic vote and accepted life under continual European government? I think there would be just as much ill feeling emanating on here. Sometimes a referendum is not the ideal vehicle to use to gain a democratic result when an elected House of members of parliament could make that decision and suffer the consequences if the electorate have different opinions. In short a referendum is not as democratic process as one would assume. And before anyone corrects me ask yourself why referendums are few and far between.

Farage said that if a referendum vote was in favour of remaining he would have kept on pushing for another referendum until he got the Leave vote he wanted. That's the kind of democracy he likes.

D

Deleted member 2719

Thank you! I will, but try not to blame anyone else but yourself when/if it goes bad for all of us next year. At least we will be in it together, which is what you have been angling for.....

I dedicate this to you..... you blue sky thinker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzQKjSn4Cc

I am happy to take any responsibility on board although it will be a bit harsh to pin it on just me, being only 1 of the 17.4 million that wanted to Leave the EU.
If I can ask one favour?
That would be to judge how the country is after a minimum of 5 years, not just the short term 1 year.

This is a long term project, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Believe and we can achieve, we are GREAT BRITAIN.

Ps if that is your music, it maybe worth changing to something more upbeat.
Like a bit Cliff.

https://youtu.be/-DxqdIA75sc

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
I am happy to take any responsibility on board although it will be a bit harsh to pin it on just me, being only 1 of the 17.4 million that wanted to Leave the EU.
If I can ask one favour?
That would be to judge how the country is after a minimum of 5 years, not just the short term 1 year.

This is a long term project, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Believe and we can achieve, we are GREAT BRITAIN.

Ps if that is your music, it maybe worth changing to something more upbeat.
Like a bit Cliff.

https://youtu.be/-DxqdIA75sc

Thanks for the link; every time I play it I shall think of you.
Good to know that you will take your full responsibility for the outcome of Brexit (assuming it does happen); please pass on that thought to all your Brexit loving friends and then each can accept the same. Who knows, that acceptance might spread to all 17.4 million of you (all the ones still alive of course)!

As you have been so courteous, I shall certainly try and comply with your request about giving it a minimum of 5 years. Thankfully it may not (fingers crossed) impact on me directly. Only trouble is, several of my mates are in danger of losing their jobs soon after we leave, according to them as a direct result of Brexit. So I am not confident in finding a sympathetic audience there.
Is your livelihood at risk?

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Cant imagine if remain had won Leavers would be saying you are a bunch of thicko racist xenophobes that didnt know what you were voting for, some of you have died in the past week so lets do the referendum again and ignore this result.
Definitely would have had to go away with our tails between our legs and think up another strategy to get out. Hatred of the EU wouldnt have been buried forever but probably 10 or 15 years before any realistic opportunity might have arisen....................certainly wouldnt have told them their win should be ignored.
I wonder if remain had won 52/48 what those remainers currently asking for remain views to be taken into consideration in the deal would have willingly let the losing leavers have by way of concession to heal a divided nation .......end of free movement? No more laws from Brussels? End of EJC primacy? End of CAP and EU fishing? Leave the customs union? No longer members of the single market?..........im thinking NOT a single sausage........."you leavers lost.....suck it up"

D

Deleted member 2719

Thanks for the link; every time I play it I shall think of you.
Good to know that you will take your full responsibility for the outcome of Brexit (assuming it does happen); please pass on that thought to all your Brexit loving friends and then each can accept the same. Who knows, that acceptance might spread to all 17.4 million of you (all the ones still alive of course)!

As you have been so courteous, I shall certainly try and comply with your request about giving it a minimum of 5 years. Thankfully it may not (fingers crossed) impact on me directly. Only trouble is, several of my mates are in danger of losing their jobs soon after we leave, according to them as a direct result of Brexit. So I am not confident in finding a sympathetic audience there.
Is your livelihood at risk?

Sorry that your friends may or may not lose their jobs.

But that has happened all through history, you move on and adapt and I am sure we will create jobs in other areas.

Who knows your friends may find better jobs in the long run, life is full of highs and lows and people like yourself seem to only spot the lows.

Anyway this is the last you will see of me on the thread for a few days, its time to chill and have some fun.:xmas::rock::whisky::whisky::xmas:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here