Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Sorry that your friends may or may not lose their jobs.

But that has happened all through history, you move on and adapt and I am sure we will create jobs in other areas.

Who knows your friends may find better jobs in the long run, life is full of highs and lows and people like yourself seem to only spot the lows.

Anyway this is the last you will see of me on the thread for a few days, its time to chill and have some fun.:xmas::rock::whisky::whisky::xmas:

Good for you!
As you say, who knows - they may find better jobs in the long run; I will pass on your breezy, upbeat words of encouragement.
I don't know why you should think I only spot the lows. More speculation?
I hope you are retired or safe from redundancy! You didn't address that question......
Please remember to pass on to Leaver friends how you are fully aware of your choices and attendant responsibilities; see if you can get them to do the same!
Happy Christmas Trevor (yes?)!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

[tweet]705375753303683072[/tweet]

[tweet]1078206349148708865[/tweet]

That is what people voted for...taking back control of who can live here and move here.

Can't see much wrong with that. Of course we could make them all wear coats with symbols on them so the more vocal loonies on this board can spot foreigners...think that was done back in history a while ago.

We are getting our country back. Woooohooo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry that looks like it has attributed my comments to you

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry that looks like it has attributed my comments to you

It happens when you quote tweets. I know of two wives, one Dutch, one French who have married Brits, who will have to apply for Settled Status, and pay for it. Settled status is less than citizenship, and they weren't allowed to vote.

I am ashamed of my country. Lies, lies and more lies.

[tweet]1078578438062125057[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It happens when you quote tweets. I know of two wives, one Dutch, one French who have married Brits, who will have to apply for Settled Status, and pay for it. Settled status is less than citizenship, and they weren't allowed to vote.

And the Tory British Home Office have an incredibly woeful history of handling people’s status. The Tories are utter scum when it comes to this.....and I am not using this term flippantly, there really is no other way to describe their history on this topic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think it’s time for the EU to turn the screw on Britain now. Enough is enough. They can’t do this, and the EU should make them pay for it if they don’t go back to their original proclamations.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's all so sad. What a terrible lurch to the far right we are taking at the highest level.

Imagine if you’re caught in the middle of this? What if your father or mother doesn’t get their status? As I said, the Home Office have a utterly woeful track record of ****ing up applications. It’s more than sad, it’s disgusting. I would not trust this government to run my bath let alone preside over family members status. I can assure you it will kick off when the first round of deportees start to leave.

I’m ashamed of Britain.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I totally agree with you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Imagine if you’re caught in the middle of this? What if your father or mother doesn’t get their status? As I said, the Home Office have a utterly woeful track record of ****ing up applications. It’s more than sad, it’s disgusting. I would not trust this government to run my bath let alone preside over family members status. I can assure you it will kick off when the first round of deportees start to leave.

I’m ashamed of Britain.

Windrush anyone?

Happy f.ucking new year!

We have lurched into a horrendously horrible society! Wait till all this goes wrong and people can't get in hospital as the European medical staff have all gone home.

Can't wait for the usual suspects coming on here nad saying it's all project fear.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I’m ashamed of Britain.
My faith in this Un-United Kingdom is at an all time low now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Windrush anyone?

Happy f.ucking new year!

We have lurched into a horrendously horrible society! Wait till all this goes wrong and people can't get in hospital as the European medical staff have all gone home.

Can't wait for the usual suspects coming on here nad saying it's all project fear.

A friend of mine works in the pharmacy in a Surrey hospital, where the NHS is going to pay all the £65 fees for their European staff to apply. That's money which could have been spent elsewhere so we all suffer.

The Home Office are going to have to hire more staff to try and cope, and already have over 20% failure rate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So good to see this thread back with the usual suspects continuing their considered, balanced commentary :rolleyes::facepalm::shootself

To recap EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens in the EU will need to apply for settled status/permanent settled status by the end of the transition period (30 June 2021). Both sides agreed to this outcome ... characterizing this as a lurch to the 'far right' adding the Godwin's law overtones is quite frankly ridiculous.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So good to see this thread back with the usual suspects continuing their considered, balanced commentary :rolleyes::facepalm::shootself

To recap EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens in the EU will need to apply for settled status/permanent settled status by the end of the transition period (30 June 2021). Both sides agreed to this outcome ... characterizing this as a lurch to the 'far right' adding the Godwin's law overtones is quite frankly ridiculous.

And there he/she is. Up they pop.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Typical,eh?Some freeloading student gets turned down,and starts a whinge-fest :tantrum: for the twatterati to dribble over.Not long to go now,Happy New Year!:clap2:

waaah waah moan howl.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Usual suspects? A person who voted Leave has called it utterly shameful. There is nothing you can say or do to justify this especially after people like Banks deliberately lied (quote attached)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here