Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is all going to come unravelled in the new year. I give it till Summer before it's called off. Every prediction of mine on this matter has come to pass so I don't expect this to buck the trend. Hang in there people, it'll all be back to normal
soon.

Says the guy who two days after the referendum categorically said that article 50 would never be invoked and we would Remain anyway as the result was due to be vetoed, yet he still comes on here blurting out clueless and unfounded drivel as if he is some modern day Nostradamus, what goes on in that head of yours ??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That will be well worth the £500million it will cost to change passports when there are thousands of children homeless this Christmas, who needs a home when you can have a blue passport ???

And you accuse the leave campaign of peddling lies with the £350m claim :facepalm:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Imagine all the right wing loony Brexit headbangers at gatwick excitedly waving their blue passports before finding out they can't go anywhere as there is no freedom of movement and they need visas and entry clearance to go abroad.

That will be well worth the £500million it will cost to change passports when there are thousands of children homeless this Christmas, who needs a home when you can have a blue passport ???

You haven't factored in the cost of burgundy passport covers for people who don't want to be publicly associated with this shambles.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
at least people can stand and admire the colour of their passport while waiting in a longer queue. Phew.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell, chairman of the Flags and Heraldry Committee, was among the MPs who called for the return of the blue passports.

“It’s a matter of identity. Having the pink European passports has been a source of humiliation. ''

What a ****ing pussy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Has it really come to this. Brexit success is the change in colour of a passport. It’s a sad indictment of the leaders of the Brexit campaign and their more hot headed and slightly irrational followers that this is the only success they can claim. In the meantime the country is a mess and not,focused on the real issues that matter like poverty and education

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, we all knew it was nonsense. Nothing compared to Project Fear, but nonsense nonetheless. People working in - and out of - the NHS knew this. And some of us (actually rather a lot of millions of us) voted leave. Don't kid yourself - not everyone working for the NHS wanted to stay in.
No, we didn't all know it was nonsense. The man who directed the Vote Leave campaign says that it was the lie that won the referendum for his campaign. I suspect that some of the effect was subliminal, as much PR and advertising is but whatever, your claim to know more about the Vote Leave campaign that the man who ran it is up there with another poster's claim that member states don't have a veto over new accession. Experts eh?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I renewed mine earlier this year, so somehow I'll have to try to survive another 9+ years with 'European Union' on it.

Renewed mine recently. I'll have 'European Union' until March 2028 :thumbsup:

Not sure what people are so excited about. Doubtless someone's already mentioned this on this thread (can't be arsed to look), but the new blue one looks eff all like the old one. Completely different design and completely different shade of blue (like many, I always considered the old ones as black, even if they technically weren't). A pretty odd thing to be celebrating...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Not sure what people are so excited about. Doubtless someone's already mentioned this on this thread (can't be arsed to look), but the new blue one looks eff all like the old one. Completely different design and completely different shade of blue (like many, I always considered the old ones as black, even if they technically weren't). A pretty odd thing to be celebrating...

Personally I don't care, but interestingly you and others seem to be highlighting your ongoing EU passport as some sort of badge of honour whilst berating those that might be doing something similar with the new UK one, otherwise why mention you will have an EU one for the foreseeable future with the obligatory 'thumbs up'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Because it's the only thing that can be guaranteed upon leaving. Mind you, what a Christmas present for Daily Mail readers.... they can start readying their tank tops and Spanish phrase books for Benidorm.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You daft prick, yes whilst we were in the EU, but most significantly after a financial meltdown. We are more likely to face it again in a low regulation Liam Fox wet dream Brexit, than as members of the EU.

Unlike you, I won't lower myself to the level of name calling (I do understand, though, that the more desperate remainers that post on here can't stop themselves from doing it). Yes , I know there was a financial meltdown that caused the problems - and although it happened on the EU's watch I also know it was a global thing and nothing directly to do with the EU, although they didn't cope with it very well. We coped slightly better through not being entrapped in the Euro. So, your moans about the disintegration of all you hold dear financially is nothing to do with being in - or out of - the EU. Unfortunately, you are just fixed in a mind set that blames everything - including things you think might happen that haven't happened yet - on Brexit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally I don't care, but interestingly you and others seem to be highlighting your ongoing EU passport as some sort of badge of honour whilst berating those that might be doing something similar with the new UK one, otherwise why mention you will have an EU one for the foreseeable future with the obligatory 'thumbs up'.
Good point! I wonder when we'll see the first 'I voted remain' T-shirts. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently it's a colour favoured by 76 other countries.

Including EU countries. Croatia is part of the EU and has blue passports so it makes you wonder why we changed to maroon in the first place.
There is nothing 'British' about a blue passport.

What we will get is long queues in the 'All other Nationalities' area of the airport.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In a previous life I organised media relations courses for my employer's managers. One of the things that was taught was the need to always respond to a question with an articulate reply, delivered with confidence. It didn't need to have anything to do with the question but it did have to be forceful. Your tendency to go off on one reminded me of those days. There's not much point trying to have a conversation with a one-way shouter but I will respond to your last point. Yes, I do support the notion of political parties reacting to changing circumstances and developing opinions. You hate it I know, and I understand why, but I think it's a good and healthy thing.

I'll take any complement even a backhanded one. In the spirit of seasonal reciprocity may I commend you on your tenaciousness in trying to formulate a convincing argument /form of words to try and justify ignoring the biggest democratic event in our wonderful countries history. Merry Christmas.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Because it's the only thing that can be guaranteed upon leaving. Mind you, what a Christmas present for Daily Mail readers.... they can start readying their tank tops and Spanish phrase books for Benidorm.

Phrase books?? Surely most Daily Mail readers would simply continue in English but speak more s l o w l y and in a LOUDER VOICE!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unlike you, I won't lower myself to the level of name calling (I do understand, though, that the more desperate remainers that post on here can't stop themselves from doing it). Yes , I know there was a financial meltdown that caused the problems - and although it happened on the EU's watch I also know it was a global thing and nothing directly to do with the EU, although they didn't cope with it very well. We coped slightly better through not being entrapped in the Euro. So, your moans about the disintegration of all you hold dear financially is nothing to do with being in - or out of - the EU. Unfortunately, you are just fixed in a mind set that blames everything - including things you think might happen that haven't happened yet - on Brexit.

More exasperated than desperate, I do not subscribe to the notion that me calling you a daft prick is some evidence of not having a defensible opinion, it is entirely due to the daftness of your post, and you being a prick.
I had just caught up on the thread and read nonsense after nonsense, including two from you, the first suggesting someone was trying to associate Brexit with paedophiles, because they highlighted the latest "resignation". Then your second piece linking EU membership to the last ten years of austerity.

The rest of the world is back on the up, we are lagging behind, tell yourself it is because of remoaners talking the country down if you like, but I do believe you are smarter than that, though some of the twunts of a similar opinion on here, are clearly challenged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here