Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It isn't surprising that you moaners are talking amongst yourselves. Dreamers needing each other to bolster failed ideologies. :lolol: :yawn:

I would hardly call the EU a failure. You may believe it has failed the U.K. But it's my belief the Tory party will fail us to a greater degree in the coming months and years.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Great HSBC advert, reminding us we are not an island and that together we thrive. The fight back against little England continues

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great HSBC advert, reminding us we are not an island and that together we thrive. The fight back against little England continues
Actually I think you'll find the advert is aimed at gaining more custom for the HSBC! The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) with its bases in London and Hong Kong has around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America and South America, and around 38 million customers, and I doubt if they give a shit about Brexit, one way or the other, or the EU. They do give a shit about expanding their business globally though.
We are not an island and together with Hong Kong, Shanghai and the rest of the world (including countries in Europe) we thrive. Dead right.........

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Actually I think you'll find the advert is aimed at gaining more custom for the HSBC! The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) with its bases in London and Hong Kong has around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, North America and South America, and around 38 million customers, and I doubt if they give a shit about Brexit, one way or the other, or the EU. They do give a shit about expanding their business globally though.
We are not an island and together with Hong Kong, Shanghai and the rest of the world (including countries in Europe) we thrive. Dead right.........

They are propagating their mindset, which is international and outward looking in a political environment where those who want to be inward and protectist are coming to the fore, see Brexit and Trump. Top advert and it’ll win them business, hence why they are doing it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are propagating their mindset, which is international and outward looking in a political environment where those who want to be inward and protectist are coming to the fore, see Brexit and Trump. Top advert and it’ll win them business, hence why they are doing it
As Britain will be international and outward looking after Brexit, not just tied to the EU. And the word you were trying to find was, I think you'll find, 'protectionist'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

You seem to have a strangely blinkered view of the new global opportunities we will be enjoying with our new-found freedoms.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
As Britain will be international and outward looking after Brexit, not just tied to the EU. And the word you were trying to find was, I think you'll find, 'protectionist'.

Brexit is a retreat, at least if we leave the customs union and the single market, like it or not. Less Johnny foreigners taking away our jobs etc. All those pesky negotiations with our neighbours to agree on mutual interests etc. All so complex and well difficult for many I guess. And to your last point, meow. Life with autocorrect can be tough

Jan 30, 2008
but we are an island and we can still thrive , we just don't need a load of unelected numpties calling the shots anymore , bye bye EU control freaks !!
regards
DR

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What's up there John ?

Britains-Prime-Minister-Theresa-May-R.jpg

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
but we are an island and we can still thrive , we just don't need a load of unelected numpties calling the shots anymore , bye bye EU control freaks !!
regards
DR

We just have elected numpties mostly elected by numpties like you! And unelected numpties calling the shots exactly how is that then?:wanker:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013

Yes international and outward looking but just let Johnny Foreigner try and come and live here! :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here