Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Maybe trolling is not the correct word but I sincerely disagree that there was not huge pressure. The disaffection of labour voters who fled labour and went to UKIP proves that it was not just a Tory problem but transcended party politics in its nature. I hope the referendum will eventually have released a valve as I could see a larger lurch to the right by the Tories and a larger lurch to the left by labour if we were still a member of the club. I hate the polarisation that the referendum has brought but I understand it. However it is still too early, way too early to worry about changes in the market. We will see the long term changes over time, panicking and scaremongering along with retributive sentiments really will not help anyone in the long term. We need to be realistic, realise that things will be a mixture of good and bad and get in with the job of doing the best we possibly can for ourselves and our family and friends and all the people of this still great country.

Thanks for the courtesy of your reply. Pastafarian repeated your charge of trolling so let's see what he comes up with.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
How was it avoidable? Oh I see, let's be dictated to by remainers such as yourself as we exiters are clearly too stupid to think for ourselves or look long term. It was only avoidable if the majority of people who voted in the referendum wanted us to continue in the EU. But you don't like democracy if the result doesn't go your way, a habit I presume you've learned from past EU votes.

Leaving the EU was always going to have repercussions, no one in their right mind said otherwise. The markets hate uncertainty and we have a period of relative instability now until things are formalised. Some short term effects of Brexit have worked to our advantage, some to our disadvantage. Calm down.

The stock markets don't seem to hate the uncertainty at all. They are loving it judging by the upward trajectory. The currency markets are another matter.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Personally 'Wrong Direction ' and I have enough work to last us till next year (If everyone can wait :rolleyes:)

42 years relying on your own personal skills to please customers is my mantra all the rest is bollocks :moo:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Luckily we aren't part of an insular and isolationist nation.

Unfortunately that is now how we are now viewed having had conversations with friends from Europe

And as for free movement for holidays, people managed to travel throughout Europe without a visa and with a minimum of paperwork long before the EU.

I wasn't talking about holidays, I was talking about working.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't panic everyone, Boris said it will all be OK....5th biggest economy.... Fundamentally sound... Fantastic opportunities.... Taking back control....
Christ we've had some tough times in recessions in decades gone bye...I'll happily go back to that as long as we brexit.
Money can't buy love
Money can't buy independence

Happy days no matter what happens :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Unfortunately that is now how we are now viewed having had conversations with friends from Europe

That's interesting, having recently had conversations with other friends from Europe, one was Greek who said he wished his country could get out and one was Norwegian who said how glad they were they never joined!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That's interesting, having recently had conversations with other friends from Europe, one was Greek who said he wished his country could get out and one was Norwegian who said how glad they were they never joined!

Mine were Germans, Swedes and Portuguese.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Being part of some sort of insular, isolationist close-minded nation who doesn't give a f about other nationals worse off than them, not having free movement for the family with EU, financially worse off in the short-term, uncertainty over economic situation long term.

But if the moaners predictions are right,we will be worse off than everybody else in the world and the EU will give you refugee status,which I sincerely hope you take :wave:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As I am sure you really know, the referendum was promised by chancer Dave purely as a way to head off the populist Trumpery that was threatening a number of his MPs. Tell me about this 'huge pressure'.

I would suggest to 'Your-all-knowingness' that the increase in UKIP MEP's might well have given him a boot in the backside:

tossers.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Strange how most of that 'rogues gallery' are otherwise employed now :lolol:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
My heart goes out to all those holidaymakers who purchased their Euros in the wholesale market just a little after midnight....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here