Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
1,056 EU related documents?Without that lot,maybe our MP's could do some work related to the UK instead.That's a good enough reason to leave on it's own!:)

However, the point is... 49% quoted 'sovereignty' as their main reason for voting Brexit. We have never lost it. Its sort of stupid.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why wait if it seems the mood in the country has shifted? It would be ridiculous to carry out the wishes of the people from 2 to 5 years earlier, against the current desire of the nation, wouldn't it?

I assume you would have supported another referendum if the result has been reversed in favour of remaining ? Yeh, OK !!!!!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Big business in this country doesn't. Why should it be different?

You do know that uk counts for a MASSIVE 7 per cent of German exports don't you? Whereas 44% of ours go to the EU. Yep. This is all about us holding the aces. Sheesh.

But you're not making a comparable comparison. You've just compared a single country's exports ( Germany ) to a single country ( i.e. us ) and then compared it to our exports to TWENTY SEVEN countries !!!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The EU is looking at how it will account from the loss of the UKs membership fees, one idea is to charge anyone outside the EU a small amount every time they wish to visit EU countries so make the most of the next two years to see the rest of Europe

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The EU is looking at how it will account from the loss of the UKs membership fees, one idea is to charge anyone outside the EU a small amount every time they wish to visit EU countries so make the most of the next two years to see the rest of Europe

Why would paying a small amount prevent any of us seeing the rest of Europe ?

D

Deleted member 22389

The tourist industry in Spain, France and Italy needs us more than we need them.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I guess what I am saying is we will be paying the EU if we are in or out one way or another

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Are we not allowed to holiday in Europe after we leave?!

Didn't you hear? After Brexit all holidays have to be taken in the USA, and we will get a special compulsory exchange rate of 1:1. It's part of Trump's new trade deal that they will sign on day 1. We'll make America rich again.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Didn't you hear? After Brexit all holidays have to be taken in the USA, and we will get a special compulsory exchange rate of 1:1. It's part of Trump's new trade deal that they will sign on day 1. We'll make America rich again.

Surely if it's a deal brokered with Trump we'll also get a 2 for 1 deal with holidays in Russia as well?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Coo.Are they expecting 20 billion tourists per annum?:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Are we not allowed to holiday in Europe after we leave?!

Well,if we are,we won't be allowed to fly there,according to some of the fruit-loops on here!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You found no examples of me describing anyone as 'mentally retarded' then. Can you find any examples where I imply people are simple minded?

Simple minded and mentally retarded mean pretty much the same thing. You regularly label people who disagree with you with a word the primary definitions of which include simple minded, insane and crazy. Fair enough. I actually find your description 'undemocratic' more unpleasant.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder what these ordinary Brexit voting men of the people were discussing in a hospitality box at Lord's last week.

DEJ0J_yUIAAYYdT.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But you're not making a comparable comparison. You've just compared a single country's exports ( Germany ) to a single country ( i.e. us ) and then compared it to our exports to TWENTY SEVEN countries !!!

I guess the important points on this subject are:

About 46% of the UK’s exports go to other EU countries, while somewhere between 8-17% of exports from other EU countries go to the UK. depending on how you measure it.

Regarding the value of that trade to the UK and other EU countries’ economies, exports to the rest of the EU are worth about 13% of the UK’s economy, and exports from other EU countries to the UK are worth about 3-4% of the value of those countries’ economies taken as a whole.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here