Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No one has ever claimed we have lost our entire , only you are implying this is what has been claimed. You alone, no one else at all.
If you give up sovereign law making powers to Brussels you gradually lose your sovereign law making powers, if you reclaim these powers and accountability back from Brussels and return them to the Uk you claim back some of your sovereign powers.
49% of Leave voters wanted to claim back and return more law making powers back to the UK. Its not a difficult concept to understand Dave, i know you are struggling to understand this and its all a bit confusing for you, but if you cant understand a leaver explaining it to you ask a remainer instead. They will tell you loss of sovereign making powers to Brussels is a good thing and is in the wider interests of pooled sovereignty and the EU.
Now ask yourself how its possible you can be so uninformed and not understand.

Nobody claimed to have lost sovereignty??

Now you mention it, yeah, I dont remember seeing the words 'we have got our sovereignty back' anywhere.. not even on NSC.

hahaha

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great comment on FT.com (not mine, by the way....):

As I see it, Brexit derives its support primarily from the three intersecting sets of the old, the stupid and the poorly educated.

In the first instance, the old are dying off (and with them, electoral support for Brexit and for the Conservative Party), and their bigoted views are increasingly not being taken up by the younger cohort replacing them. The poorly educated will feel the ill-effects of the Brexit debacle in their pockets and redundancy cheques, will realise that they have been deceived and will not be so easily duped by the fascist, tax-dodging press barons and Tory looters in future. The stupid pose somewhat more of a problem, however. This is due to Dunning–Kruger type effects, where they do not even *realise* how stupid they are and hence will not be able to adequately process the unfolding collapse of the low wage, low skill, low investment, low productivity husk that is the UK economy (I would put a significant number of Conservative Party MPs into this category.) However, numerically the stupid are statistically unlikely to prevail over the medium term.

Accordingly, I see an impending economic collapse for the UK after a lost decade of hard-right Tory economic malgovernance. This will lead to a complete discrediting of their failed hard-right doctrine and pave the way for a move back towards a more centrist, social democratic programme, in line with wealthier, more successful countries such as Germany and the Nordics, and with the increased quality of life for the majority that this naturally entails.

Sounds good. When can I move back?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
for weeks commentators and back bench MPs have been calling out for some sort of consenus politics on Brexit, to be involved in planning. now an offer is suggested by the government, its rejected by Labour front bench and isnt a good idea anymore? opposition for the sake of opposition.

The way it has gone over the past few weeks it would be political suicide to do it, or maybe Labour want a nice pay out first.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nobody claimed to have lost sovereignty??

Now you mention it, yeah, I dont remember seeing the words 'we have got our sovereignty back' anywhere.. not even on NSC.

hahaha

The fact that you you deliberately edited my post in your response to try and justify your point illustrates how desperate you are. What a sad sack you are dave that you have to manipulate what others say to get your point across

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
An open door to 500M people, and that doesn't include migration from outside the EU either. One day you will understand that the only reason our public services and housing are under so much pressure is due to there being too many people in this country, and it doesn't matter how much money our government puts in, it will never be enough. Over population.

Are you one of those people who goes to hospital and afterwards says "everyone working there was foreign" if so I suggest you think about that statement and what would happen without immigration.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The fact that you you deliberately edited my post in your response to try and justify your point illustrates how desperate you are. What a sad sack you are dave that you have to manipulate what others say to get your point across

Youre right. Nobody every said... 'we have got our sovereignty back'

haha

Im not backtracking mate. nor manipulating. However, I see the backtracking has started already on here.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But you're not making a comparable comparison. You've just compared a single country's exports ( Germany ) to a single country ( i.e. us ) and then compared it to our exports to TWENTY SEVEN countries !!!

Hahahahaha. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT. Goodness me. Many on here quote stats about our trade with different countries but that is not how others see it. They see it is trade with EU and trade outside EU. I really hope the penny will drop now about this not being us as the fifth or sixth biggest vs smaller economies but us against the largest free trade bloc in them world. Do you see why leaving is so daft? Countries with 5 million people will get a better deal than us because they are in the EU.

D

Deleted member 22389

Are you one of those people who goes to hospital and afterwards says "everyone working there was foreign" if so I suggest you think about that statement and what would happen without immigration.

There are a lot of foreigners employed by the NHS, yes, but that doesn't mean I hate foreigners or they don't do a good job, so stop right there on that one. Considering my mum is Italian and came to this country in 1964 when the country had a million more opportunities than it does now, people must have their heads in the sand if they can't see the connection between free movement, an increasing population and the extra strain this puts on our services and what is going to happen in the future for everyone. Fine if we had good jobs, decent services and space for everyone, but we don't and never will even though the government invests more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
There are a lot of foreigners employed by the NHS, yes, but that doesn't mean I hate foreigners or they don't do a good job, so stop right there on that one. Considering my mum is Italian and came to this country in 1964 when the country had a million more opportunities than it does now, people must have their heads in the sand if they can't see the connection between free movement, an increasing population and the extra strain this puts on our services and what is going to happen in the future for everyone. Fine if we had good jobs, decent services and space for everyone, but we don't and never will even though the government invests more and more.

I was not implying racism. Apologies if you took it that way. I was pointing out that immigration props up public services. Unemployment is very low AND numbers employed is very high (record levels isnt it). I don't buy the "we don't have space for anyone" argument. If we built houses there is plenty of space. I am currently en route to London from Warwick via train. Been on the train half an hour and apart from leamington (which is joined to warwick) and Banbury (a small market town) I have just gone through lots of countryside. I don't think this proves we are full.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'I'm going to thcream,and thcream,and thcream until I turn blue and have to go to hospital,if you donm't stop brexiting now'
Oh dear:tantrum:.Had some bad news today,have we?Nasty government going to make you pay gig workers and zero-hours contracts the minimum wage,so you feel the need to strike out.:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Interesting comparing Jim In The West's post to your response, above. His was a well thought out, well written, clear and interesting piece. Yours, typically, was a sneering, childish response made up of poor English, weak jibes and emojis.
You're pretty pathetic, mate.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There are 2.5 million EU Nationals living in the UK while 2.0 million UK Nationals living in other parts of the EU

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hahahahaha. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT. Goodness me. Many on here quote stats about our trade with different countries but that is not how others see it. They see it is trade with EU and trade outside EU. I really hope the penny will drop now about this not being us as the fifth or sixth biggest vs smaller economies but us against the largest free trade bloc in them world. Do you see why leaving is so daft? Countries with 5 million people will get a better deal than us because they are in the EU.

It will not be the largest free trade bloc once we have left.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Interesting comparing Jim In The West's post to your response, above. His was a well thought out, well written, clear and interesting piece. Yours, typically, was a sneering, childish response made up of poor English, weak jibes and emojis.
You're pretty pathetic, mate.

You are a silly billy.Jim made a sneering post against Leavers,labelling us as stupid,poorly educated,bigoted people.This from somebody who exploits people for a living running an employment agency.a profession even lower on the scale than estate agent,or banker.If I choose to try and wind him up in return about having to now pay minimum wage,it's absolutely jack-sh8t to do with you,so wind your neck in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are a silly billy.Jim made a sneering post against Leavers,labelling us as stupid,poorly educated,bigoted people.This from somebody who exploits people for a living running an employment agency.a profession even lower on the scale than estate agent,or banker.If I choose to try and wind him up in return about having to now pay minimum wage,it's absolutely jack-sh8t to do with you,so wind your neck in.

Wrong sonny, if you post it on here I have every right to comment. If you don't like it, use the PM function. I also assume he has already been paying minimum wage as if not, he'd be breaking the law. Tit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was not implying racism. Apologies if you took it that way. I was pointing out that immigration props up public services. Unemployment is very low AND numbers employed is very high (record levels isnt it). I don't buy the "we don't have space for anyone" argument. If we built houses there is plenty of space. I am currently en route to London from Warwick via train. Been on the train half an hour and apart from leamington (which is joined to warwick) and Banbury (a small market town) I have just gone through lots of countryside. I don't think this proves we are full.

You're suggesting that the answer to our dire lack of housing and infrastructure is to build all over our green areas ? :facepalm:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's true that we buy more from the EU than the EU buys from us but it is also true that 44% of the value of our exports go to the EU while only 6% of the EUs value of export is purchased by us so we need them more than they need us

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It would be ridiculous to hold referendums every time a poll shifted. Remain were going to win according to the polls, May was going to win big according to the polls, Trump was going to lose according to the polls.

But what about the will of the people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here