Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not as funny as the fear of another referendum being displayed by those of you who insist the will of the people must be done.

You're confusing fear with having respect for the referendum result/democracy. I have no problem with a political party arguing for another referendum some point in the future after we have left the EU.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You're confusing fear with having respect for the referendum result/democracy. I have no problem with a political party arguing for another referendum some point in the future after we have left the EU.

Why wait if it seems the mood in the country has shifted? It would be ridiculous to carry out the wishes of the people from 2 to 5 years earlier, against the current desire of the nation, wouldn't it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why should we have another referendum. We already have a result whether you like it or not. You cannot keep bleating to all and sundry in the hope of it being reversed as it's happening. Maybe like another poster said in 40yrs time they might hold another one. Mind you by then the Italians would have left as well as they are very unhappy with the mad drunk and the wicked witch of the Rhine

You never know, even you might prefer to have a chance to turn back once you see the deal.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
For a bit of balance here is the opposition to brexit which remainers are banking on to reverse the referendum. The Lib Dems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40547733

Vince Cable
"Jeremy Corbyn had a good election, for sure, but there is an element of a 'bubble' about it," he told Andrew Marr.
"He managed to attract large numbers of people on the basis that he was leading opposition to Brexit. “Actually he is very pro-Brexit, and hard Brexit, and I think when that becomes apparent, the divisions in the Labour Party will become more real and the opportunity for us to move into that space will be substantial."

Did loads of people wrongly vote for Corbyn believing he is against Brexit as cable is claiming? Corbyn supporters cant be as stupid as Vince thinks they are surely.
They all knew surely Corbyn is committed to Brexit. Surely the manifesto was a clue?

Anyway remainers good luck with the lib dems being your sole remaining chance at having another do it all over again referendum……snigger.

D

Deleted member 22389

i cant be bothered to go through the thread and highlight all those people who said "German car makers won't let this happen"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/08/german-industry-warns-uk-over-brexit

I trained as a mechanical engineer when I left school, milling, surface grinding, that was in the 90s, jobs where already going then to cheap imports. Engineering was pushed over to make way for new media, services and so on, so I can stand the way everyone suddenly cares about manufacturing now and get scared about German car manufacturers, pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For a bit of balance here is the opposition to brexit which remainers are banking on to reverse the referendum. The Lib Dems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40547733

Vince Cable
"Jeremy Corbyn had a good election, for sure, but there is an element of a 'bubble' about it," he told Andrew Marr.
"He managed to attract large numbers of people on the basis that he was leading opposition to Brexit. “Actually he is very pro-Brexit, and hard Brexit, and I think when that becomes apparent, the divisions in the Labour Party will become more real and the opportunity for us to move into that space will be substantial."

Did loads of people wrongly vote for Corbyn believing he is against Brexit as cable is claiming? Corbyn supporters cant be as stupid as Vince thinks they are surely.
They all knew surely Corbyn is committed to Brexit. Surely the manifesto was a clue?

Anyway remainers good luck with the lib dems being your sole remaining chance at having another do it all over again referendum……snigger.

And I thought the loony one had left the lib dems

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's starting to look to me like we will be leaving the EU as a member while retaining all the rights and adhering to all the legislation but not having any say and all for a change that will not be to dissimilar to the one presently paid

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Biggest export market, we will wait and see on that. At the end of the day it's all about bottom line.

So you support scrapping brexit then? Some above say Brexit is about sovereignty which is what the car makers say about the EU. Or is this another fine example of confused arguments. It is about sovereignty for us and we are all prepared to take a hit on bottom line (GDP) for sovereignty whereas for Germans it will be about bottom line. Some Brexit arguments have holes don't they?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why wait if it seems the mood in the country has shifted? It would be ridiculous to carry out the wishes of the people from 2 to 5 years earlier, against the current desire of the nation, wouldn't it?

It would be ridiculous to hold referendums every time a poll shifted. Remain were going to win according to the polls, May was going to win big according to the polls, Trump was going to lose according to the polls.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It would be ridiculous to hold referendums every time a poll shifted. Remain were going to win according to the polls, May was going to win big according to the polls, Trump was going to lose according to the polls.

Final polls showed leave winning. But don't let that get in the way. Facts are so 20th century.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Big business publicly backs the EU/government line shock.

March%202017%20Trade%20with%20other%20European%20countries%20RB.jpg

I'm sure German business/industry are quite relaxed at seeing tens of Billions of yearly trade put at risk/ending :rolleyes:

Big business in this country doesn't. Why should it be different?

You do know that uk counts for a MASSIVE 7 per cent of German exports don't you? Whereas 44% of ours go to the EU. Yep. This is all about us holding the aces. Sheesh.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's starting to look to me like we will be leaving the EU as a member while retaining all the rights and adhering to all the legislation but not having any say and all for a change that will not be to dissimilar to the one presently paid

Yep. This.
Rather amusing to watch the Brexiteers piss their knickers as it becomes apparent they are not going to get anything near what they were drooling over this time last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here