Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Big business publicly backs the EU/government line shock.

March%202017%20Trade%20with%20other%20European%20countries%20RB.jpg

I'm sure German business/industry are quite relaxed at seeing tens of Billions of yearly trade put at risk/ending :rolleyes:

Trade won't end, the goods will simply be more expensive for UK consumers.

The referendum result has to be respected, but the economic consequences should be accepted too.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed. It appears the Impster has given up directly arguing his pov with me (don't blame him) and now presumes to read my mind while misrepresenting and inserting some unpleasant views.

:rolleyes:

What? You have regularly hammered into 'such people' describing them as undemocratic and mentally-retarded. Let me know which views you regard as unpleasant.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

larus

Trade won't end, the goods will simply be more expensive for UK consumers.

The referendum result has to be respected, but the economic consequences should be accepted too.

Fully agreed, but people should stop using opinion about the economic consequences as fact.

I'll tell you a fact - we don't know what the end deal will be as it's down to 2 sides negotiating, so all of the remainers who keep going on about "doom and gloom" have not got a f*cking clue, as we don't know what it's going to be. And, other large economies appear to be very open to trade deals with the UK.

The economic consequences could be very good for the UK, so remainers need to be open to that outcome. After all, when the EURO fails (which it will in its current guise), then there will be turmoil in Europe.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They would now. Thats why brexiteers lose their minds if another vote is even muted. Incidentally, when, as I suspect, the country faces a nightmare because of brexit, will there be new room names appearing on NSC?

Why would we fear polls showing remain leading .. we've been here before, how did that turn out?

Brexiteers and many remainers have a respect for the democratic process but they get a tad annoyed at the undemocratic extremist loony remoaner fringe.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm sure German business/industry are quite relaxed at seeing tens of Billions of yearly trade put at risk/ending :rolleyes:

I'm sure they're not but the controlling shareholders of BMW have said that they are prepared to write off their eurobillions of investment in the UK rather than see the integrity of the single market compromised. There may be a way of negotiating through the fog but there is a danger in assuming that foreign types (Germans specifically) are interested only in short term economics.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm sure they're not but the controlling shareholders of BMW have said that they are prepared to write off their eurobillions of investment in the UK rather than see the integrity of the single market compromised. There may be a way of negotiating through the fog but there is a danger in assuming that foreign types (Germans specifically) are interested only in short term economics.

Protecting 'the integrity of the Single Market' is rather a vague term I'm not sure what that means in practice. Completely agree there are many factors our European friends will consider both long and short term.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I wouldn't worry. Owen Patterson has been saying for months that there has to be a deal - has to be because there has to be - so it'll probably be okay.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agreed if tariffs are put in place and for EU consumers too.

They will be, the problem from a UK perspective is that manufacturing is only 14% of GDP, and therefore physical exports are relatively insignificant.

UK consumers prefer foreign goods to domestic ones, for a variety of reasons, but will have to pay more for them, as we have seen in the last 12 months due to the fall in sterling. This has led to an increase in the current account deficit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ok, well best of luck with putting those delusional lefties straight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that!Impossible task,they should be put down,like a rabid dog.:D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. And I'll add assuming that foreign types are only interested in money. The German car industry didn't kick up a fuss over the costly sanctions on Russia.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...exit_from_and_partnership_with_the_EU_Web.pdf

2.1 The sovereignty of Parliament is a fundamental principle of the UK constitution. Whilst
Parliament has remained sovereign throughout our membership of the EU, it has not always
felt like that.
The extent of EU activity relevant to the UK can be demonstrated by the fact
that 1,056 EU-related documents were deposited for parliamentary scrutiny in 2016. These
include proposals for EU Directives, Regulations, Decisions and Recommendations, as well
as Commission delegated acts, and other documents such as Commission Communications,
Reports and Opinions submitted to the Council, Court of Auditors Reports and more.

It just 'felt like it' .. well done that 49%. Well grasped.

1,056 EU related documents?Without that lot,maybe our MP's could do some work related to the UK instead.That's a good enough reason to leave on it's own!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here