Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Raiders win on a 2 point extra point success but only because the Saints miss a 60 yard field goal by inches. Unbelievable stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Praise the Lord, Raiders have won a game

:O:O:O

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Packers made it hard for themselves, if they were playing a 'winning' team they'd have lost that game.

J'ville were better than I expected.

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
What an opening day in the NFL! My bengals win on a late field goal, Kansas city with an incredible 4th quarter comeback and Oakland with the gutsiest call i've seen in a long time.

Love this game!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The Packers made it hard for themselves, if they were playing a 'winning' team they'd have lost that game.

J'ville were better than I expected.

Very impressed with the Jags, I thought before the season started they may end up with a winning record and I certainly think that after today, if they got the clock management better there I honestly think they would have won

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That was a super close game, could have won it if we hadn't thrown a poxy screen with seconds left on the clock. Nice to the Jags competitive against one of the elite teams. Real shame Ivory ended up in hospital last night, he's the change of pace running back we needed. Onto the San Diego and hopefully we can apply some pressure to Rivers.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a first week. With added bonus of the Skins not being able to add to my misery yesterday I was enable to enjoy what is rightly being called by some as "Week Fun" of this NFL season. Terrific games across the board, tremendous excitement everywhere. From Aaron Rodgers ridiculous TD pass whilst being hauled to the ground to The Raiders going for a 2 point conversion and Terence Williams providing a huge Cowboys comedy moment. Wonderful stuff from a wonderful sport.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oakland with the gutsiest call i've seen in a long time.

Love this game!

Definitely gutsy but with the Saints defense being abysmal and Brees being on fire, I thought it was logical to try and get the game done there.

Brees still got them in field goal range though.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What a first week. With added bonus of the Skins not being able to add to my misery yesterday I was enable to enjoy what is rightly being called by some as "Week Fun" of this NFL season. Terrific games across the board, tremendous excitement everywhere. From Aaron Rodgers ridiculous TD pass whilst being hauled to the ground to The Raiders going for a 2 point conversion and Terence Williams providing a huge Cowboys comedy moment. Wonderful stuff from a wonderful sport.

I'm not sure if I buy into the Steelers hype this year, it's an intriguing first game for both sides, I'm looking forward to it. I hope we've sorted our issues with covering tight ends, otherwise it could be a big night for Jordan Reed.

Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
My money is still on Packers v Steelers superbowl (i say this every year so it's got to happen eventually, right?)

But Eagles look a totally different team with Carson Wentz at the helm - could be the surprise package this year?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Eagles look a totally different team with Carson Wentz at the helm - could be the surprise package this year?

Of course they / he will be....my Browns passed on him thinking he wasn't good enough.

Seen some highlights & there were glimpses of good stuff from Cleveland - but not a lot else. The secondary looked really poor and needs to improve massively with a visit to Baltimore next weekend. Seriously think this could be an 0-16 year for us....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not sure if I buy into the Steelers hype this year, it's an intriguing first game for both sides, I'm looking forward to it. I hope we've sorted our issues with covering tight ends, otherwise it could be a big night for Jordan Reed.

The Steelers are still the Steelers though, they always find a way. Whilst I am delighted the Skins are not facing Bell and Bryant tonight we still have Ben and Brown to contend with, two simply elite players.

That said we have so many options for Kirk to throw to we really should be able to move the chains tonight. A fit Jordan Reed can be almost unplayable at times, he just finds space and he keeps things ticking over. Also Jackson loves to showboat on the big stage so I am looking for a big play or two from him.

I do not think the Redskins will have a better opportunity to gain a victory over the Steelers, but I am going to have to see it to believe it, that team from Pittsburgh (and probably nearly half the crowd) are just winners pure and simple. I think this match up could continue the week one excitement. I would not be surprised to see both teams exceed 30 points.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Steelers are still the Steelers though, they always find a way. Whilst I am delighted the Skins are not facing Bell and Bryant tonight we still have Ben and Brown to contend with, two simply elite players.

That said we have so many options for Kirk to throw to we really should be able to move the chains tonight. A fit Jordan Reed can be almost unplayable at times, he just finds space and he keeps things ticking over. Also Jackson loves to showboat on the big stage so I am looking for a big play or two from him.

I do not think the Redskins will have a better opportunity to gain a victory over the Steelers, but I am going to have to see it to believe it, that team from Pittsburgh (and probably nearly half the crowd) are just winners pure and simple. I think this match up could continue the week one excitement. I would not be surprised to see both teams exceed 30 points.

I liked what Keith Butler did with our defense last year, the front 7 looks pretty good (though Bud Dupree's injury is a blow.) Expect a breakout year from Ryan Shazier, he has the potential to be an elite run stuff ILB.

The fact still remains that the secondary is among the worst in the NFL. Despite the potential for fireworks, this one is won and lost for me on whether our excellent offensive line and DeAngelo Williams can keep the chains moving. Otherwise there's an awful lot of pressure on Antonio Brown because with Ladarius Green's injury and Markus Wheaton being out, the receiving cupboard looks pretty bare.

Keep an eye out for Eli Rodgers, our 2nd year UDFA slot receiver out of Louisville. He might just keep up our tradition of finding top receivers outside the first couple of days of the draft.

Last edited:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
My money is still on Packers v Steelers superbowl (i say this every year so it's got to happen eventually, right?)

But Eagles look a totally different team with Carson Wentz at the helm - could be the surprise package this year?

They were however against a bad Browns side, interested to see how the Eagles fair against the better teams.

Same old with my Falcons, actually if anything we have got worse defensively, painful viewing y'day!

Raiders away
Saints away
Panthers home
Broncos away
Seahawks away
I fear 0-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Missed FGs, missed PATs, dropped catches and allowing AJ Green the freedom of the meadowlands, seems like the Jets are starting this year as they finished last. Need to beat the Bills on Thursday or 0-7 is a real possibility with the schedule we have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently curling my toes and feeling ashamed to be British watching Reggie Yates: Touchdown USA.

Anyhoo at least Green Bay is on t'telly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
RG III broken after one game, good luck next year browns!
Yet Tebow is playing at being a baseball star.

Very soon Josh McClown is going to look like one of the better available QB's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here